Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Nov 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3477575)   #376
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great action, wide variety of drivers, I like it.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3477674)   #377
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't pretend that I like the concept, the cars are silent and too slow and the pitstop and fan boost rules are stupid. But there's a great driver lineup and the races are actually pretty good. Just would be better with an engine.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3477690)   #378
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Totally forgot it was on. No surprise seeing Bird win though, I think he's going to win the title, probably without too much difficulty, and prove he could have stepped up to F1. But there is so much talent in this field anyway!

Senna's last lap crash was odd for a professional.

But yeah some of the rules just to be different are silly.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3477728)   #379
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way Sam Bird was able to combine speed with using less battery power than the others suggest that he'd be suited to a future driving hybrid LMP1 cars in the WEC.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3477888)   #380
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if the fan boost will have a limit of elections in the season, in the mood that the same driver won't receive it in all ePrixes.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3477905)   #381
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Fan boost is just mickey mouse antics. I'll watch it if it's convenient but getting up at an unholy hour for this, isn't on the cards. It just doesn't get the blood flowing for me.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3479590)   #382
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hadn't watched FE before but that race was pretty entertaining. I was struck by how hard to handle the cars seemed at the start - like the drivers didn't have a good feel of how much power they were putting down when they stepped on it.

The pit stops... that's an accident waiting to happen IMHO. Blasting the cars straight out of the garage into the pit lane - even with a good spotter that could cause a terrible crash it seems.

I was puzzled by the unexplained power usage penalty to Trulli.

"Fan Boost" sound like some kind of activity in the grandstands, not something a driver does. I have to look up WTF it is... seems to serve the same purpose as "push to pass" in IndyCar, or DRS in F1, i.e. artificial speed-up to make passing possible.

Finally - what a grid of drivers. Tons of talent and buy-in from some very serious teams. So those are positives. The racing was fun to watch (bonehead move by Montagny notwithstanding). I'd happily watch this were it to make its way to a track near me (well, as a support series... I don't think I'd go out of my way were it headlining).

Last edited by rwintle; 28 Nov 2014 at 14:43. Reason: thought of something else... it happens sometimes!
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3479610)   #383
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is there a point to this sob story of broken gearboxes?
Old 28 Nov 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3479632)   #384
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Punta del Este has very long straights, trust me.
Old 1 Dec 2014, 23:22 (Ref:3480900)   #385
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When are we going to find information on the British round.

Out of interest, is anyone here considering going? I certainly intend to, if everything works out. Really enjoying this series...
Old 2 Dec 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3480959)   #386
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-Prix Talk: Putrajaya, Malaysia - Race 2

E-Prix Talk: Putrajaya, Malaysia - Race 2

Hey everyone,

John and I are back with post-race coverage of round 2 of the Formula E Championship. If you interested in hearing our thoughts on the race give episode 2 a listen. As always we welcome any feedback you can give us about our show and welcome you to email us and join in on the fun.

http://www.podbros.com/podcast/eprix-talk#.VH03RcksFrY
Old 2 Dec 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3480988)   #387
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot bro.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3481525)   #388
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problem dude we do it because we love the series.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 05:23 (Ref:3482087)   #389
liubao
Rookie

liubao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god it's circuit racing rather than drag racing.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3483143)   #390
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wandsworth council endorses Battersea Park race:
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/news/ar..._a_step_closer

Vergne to race for Andretti:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117086
Old 8 Dec 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3483149)   #391
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
Wandsworth council endorses Battersea Park race:
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/news/ar..._a_step_closer

Vergne to race for Andretti:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117086
I'm really looking forward to this as I live in Battersea, just off Battersea Bridge road.

I pressume the track layout will be Carriage Drive.

Old 13 Dec 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3484809)   #392
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I thougt today's race was very entertaining. Kept my interest through out with some great passing and cars sliding about. Starting to really like this series. It does remind me of A1GP for some reason.

How good was JEV, can't do more than that to show everyone he deserves a go in an indycar. Hope he does more Fe rounds
Old 14 Dec 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3484901)   #393
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
Well I thougt today's race was very entertaining. Kept my interest through out with some great passing and cars sliding about. Starting to really like this series. It does remind me of A1GP for some reason.

How good was JEV, can't do more than that to show everyone he deserves a go in an indycar. Hope he does more Fe rounds
Impressive wasn't he, I'd like to know why he dropped out at the end though. All through the race the commentary team kept saying he was using too much energy but he seemed to be doing a better job than the others who all looked like finishing with three laps worth left in the battery.

Of course if someone who knows can tell us he stopped with a flat battery I'll know I'm wrong!
Old 14 Dec 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3484903)   #394
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Impressive wasn't he, I'd like to know why he dropped out at the end though. All through the race the commentary team kept saying he was using too much energy but he seemed to be doing a better job than the others who all looked like finishing with three laps worth left in the battery.

Of course if someone who knows can tell us he stopped with a flat battery I'll know I'm wrong!
Vergne slowed with a suspension failure but I am not sure whether it was due to contact or pure mechaical.

Vergne would also be familiar with energy conservation in the current F1 format so I suspect that would not be an issue for him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117139
Old 15 Dec 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3485230)   #395
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
All through the race the commentary team kept saying he was using too much energy but he seemed to be doing a better job than the others who all looked like finishing with three laps worth left in the battery.
There were several Safety Cars in the race, which worked in JEV's favour, and worked against those who saved more energy earlier in their stints.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3485355)   #396
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having also caught part of the highlights I think they did a better job with the camera angles. There was a decent feeling of speed most of the time. And I may be imagining it but I think you could hear the cars more than in previous rounds
Old 16 Dec 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3485417)   #397
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
There were several Safety Cars in the race, which worked in JEV's favour, and worked against those who saved more energy earlier in their stints.
Of course, but I think everyone expected there to be quite a few safety car laps so I'd say JEV played the percentages quite shrewdly.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3485420)   #398
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still confused by the maximum energy limit breach, which cancelled Daniel Abt's podium and delivered multiple drive-throughs. Can anyone explain this to us?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3485515)   #399
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Still confused by the maximum energy limit breach, which cancelled Daniel Abt's podium and delivered multiple drive-throughs. Can anyone explain this to us?
Great article about it: http://f1elvis.com/2014/12/15/formul...age-explained/
Old 18 Dec 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3486150)   #400
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely what's needed for this formula is not weedy little single-seaters that will always look less convincing than F1, but silhouette saloon cars with the same underpinnings as the single seaters. Only allow cars based on a road-going EV to give it credibility. Imagine a field of E-Golfs, BMW's, Nissans, Vauxhalls(Chevy) Renaults etc..... Door-handle to door-handle in virtual silence, it'd be surreal!!

I'll get my coat.....................