Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1735254)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old Formula 1 Tracks

Hey everybody, I've been researching some former Formula 1 tracks and events, and was wondering if anyone here could help me. Does anyone know the current state of condition at Kylami and Anderstorp?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Oct 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1735291)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did you mean Kyalami in S.Africa?
i know there will be another GP Masters race this year. last years race was very entertaining, but as far as track condition, facilities etc, i dont recall.
so to sum up, no help here really
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1735358)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
What sort of information are you looking for..

Kyalami is still very much in use for national event as well as the odd international event as mentioned already.

Also the East London Circuit in SA (which hosted races in 1934, '36, '39, '62, '63, '65) (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George_Circuit) is also still in use for national motorsport events. Note that is is a street track

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1735363)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't Kyalami been butchered? i thought they only use part of the old circuit now with a newer section added. Its not the track i used to enjoy on GPL.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1735371)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yes its not the same as it used to be. The later Grand Prix in the 90's were held at the new track though.. The parts of the old track were redeveloped into housing.. :/

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1735483)   #6
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ansderstiorp is still in top condition. They have (might still do) hosted FIA GT and WTCC races so it must be in pretty good condition.

Speedblood
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:46 (Ref:1735724)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, cool.. Anyone else have any questions? I still got a heap if you want to help out.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 Oct 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1736017)   #8
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it on.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1736257)   #9
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
OK, cool.. Anyone else have any questions? I still got a heap if you want to help out.
Will we get a share of your final mark of your paper???

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1736291)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Of course you will mate, of course you will...

So, what upgrades has the Kyalami circuit had? Track modifications etc? Pics or diagrams if you have them would be helpful.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1736298)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The changes to Kyalami can be seem in approximate form, by clicking through the date ranges here:

http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Afric...kyalami97.html
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1736345)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ Awesome site

Selby
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1736389)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Not very "technical" but GPL tracks give you a good idea also..

http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?dis=K

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1736400)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

How could you guys forget the Essexring..?

Selby
Old 17 Oct 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1739950)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I read somewhere that Spa is no longer a public road course. Is this true? And what has happened to the old roads the circuit used before the modern Spa was implemented? Are they still there?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1740023)   #16
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they stopped using parts of the circuit as a public road in 2000. The old roads are still there also.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1740030)   #17
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The masta kink area has been turned into a roundabout.

and i think another corner has been turned into a sharper corner.