Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2933939)   #76
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I agree, very very harsh...
I disagree. It was a completely reckless manoeuvre that forced another competitor to leave the track in avoidance. Hamilton got of lightly imho.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2933940)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I agree, very very harsh...
However I don't think it changed things as far as the result goes, he blew it with that tyre change.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2933945)   #78
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I disagree. It was a completely reckless manoeuvre that forced another competitor to leave the track in avoidance.
This. Think the punishment was appropriate.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2933948)   #79
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Jenson, very well done. Feel bad for Lewis, but it wasn't the intermediate tyre choice that screwed him over, it was the last stint on the super-soft. Not only was it less durable but it was actually slower... forced him into a mistake which led to the spin and the drive through.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2933951)   #80
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm glad to see Hamilton in his BBC1 interview is being grown up and a good sportsman hope this maintains
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2933953)   #81
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
SHOCK!!! - Lewis Hamilton drives dangerously

(Real) Shock - he rightfully (finally) does not get away with it. Looks like you're on notice HamiltHoon and about time.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2933954)   #82
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I disagree. It was a completely reckless manoeuvre that forced another competitor to leave the track in avoidance. Hamilton got of lightly imho.
I would have to look at in again which I can't because I do not have a DVR..

I would just say this... They are racing, racing very hard, what do people expect I wonder?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2933955)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
I'm glad to see Hamilton in his BBC1 interview is being grown up and a good sportsman hope this maintains
It makes a pleasant change from the outbursts we got earlier on this season; keep it up Lewis.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2933967)   #84
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I would just say this... They are racing, racing very hard, what do people expect I wonder?
I knew he was gonna do that. I was watching his epic 2006 GP2 Sprint Race in Turkey a week or two ago. He did exactly the same there; spun and rejoined onto the racing line. As soon as I saw him facing backwards I thought "here we go again!"

I'm a massive Hamilton fan, and as such I wouldn't have given him a penalty. But I don't think it was unreasonable. 50/50 at best.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2933976)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
I'm a bit behind after pausing after the chequered. I was pleased to see this too.

He still needs to lose the daft 'beard'.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2933983)   #86
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first reaction, perhaps influenced by the commentary, was that a penalty would be harsh. However, the more times I've seen it the more I've conclude that a drive through was justified, all be it perhaps marginal.

From Hamilton's point of view, the important thing is he seems to have found his head and took it on the chin. It was a professional response post race, perhaps with the thought in the back of his mind that Jenson would more than likely have had him at some point anyway.

Another supreme example of managing the conditions from Jenson. Yet another podium from Alonso. For Hungary, that was a good race.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2934069)   #87
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
However, the more times I've seen it the more I've conclude that a drive through was justified, all be it perhaps marginal.
Yes, that was the right thing to do.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2934076)   #88
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Speed are going to rebroadcast later on today so I can take a look at it.. I am sure you guys are right about the penalty...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2934115)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Definitely worth a penal!!!

He claims he never saw Di Resta coming when he apologised to him afterwards......

What actually happened was that he had a panic/red mist and didn't see what car/driver it was he just ignored other drivers so he could go on his way again.

That could have been a nasty shunt, lucky it wasn't!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2934186)   #90
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

I think most of the drivers expect not to be put at blatant risk.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2934198)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

He claims he never saw Di Resta coming when he apologised to him afterwards......

What actually happened was that he had a panic/red mist and didn't see what car/driver it was he just ignored other drivers so he could go on his way again.

That's a very good assessment of the situation. Having watched it again I've changed my mind the penalty wasn't harsh. It wasn't a deliberate manoeuvre but rash, careless and could have costly.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2934250)   #92
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Totally reckless!!

The penalty was very mild for what he did imo.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2934297)   #93
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When they showed the incident in-car, it looked like he would quite clearly have seen the others cars coming and just spun it around directly in their paths. I cringed when it happened. Not sure how he couldn't have seen them, but it was so dangerous. What if Sutil or whoever it was that took to the grass was a bit closer and didn't have time to hit the grass - could have been a head on, even worse than a start-line stall crash - and those can be pretty bad!

In some ways, a move like that is even worse than banging wheels in the middle of an overtake - at least in that case you're both moving forwards. Everyone got away with it without any harm done, but it's what COULD have happened. Still, it's not the first time someones rejoined from off track dangerously. Look at the Indycar rejoin someone did a few races back! Was it Servia?
Old 1 Aug 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2934300)   #94
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Props to Dan Ricciardo too... Good job to finish a lap ahead of his team mate and D'Ambrosio.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 05:56 (Ref:2934302)   #95
saddelbags
Rookie

saddelbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on tv here they said hamalton was penalised for unsafe rejoining the track he never left the track so how could he rejoin it ?
Old 1 Aug 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2934355)   #96
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about that, they said something about forcing a competitor off the track, which was certainly the case.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2934394)   #97
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was parked broadside accross the racetrack. How safe is it to just hang out there while there's a race going by a few inches away? His correction was almost a perfect pivot and clearly was not malicious at all. I think justice was done; a drive-through and no more. I'm really puzzled how some people are demonizing him for this.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2934439)   #98
saddelbags
Rookie

saddelbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
our tv had a list of wins by current drivers one driver got 2 because of cheating should they not mention that
Old 1 Aug 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2934484)   #99
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's safer to sit and wait since a stationary car is easier to avoid than one doing a 180. Yes, they got great car control, still you never know what can go wrong when spinning your car around. Nothing much can happen when you stay stationary, it simply leaves more options for avoiding you.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2934570)   #100
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
In fairness to Hamilton, ive seen drivers spin their cars around before when cars are in close proximity, so I do agree the penalty was harsh.