Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2994783)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Racing Series

Series to be advised.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2995467)   #2
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Internetsite on the event at: http://www.historicgrandprix.nl/
Hopefully it will be in english too
Old 6 Dec 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2995972)   #3
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Biekens View Post
use this link (translated) by Mr Google
http://translate.google.com/translat....nl%2F&act=url
Old 14 Dec 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2999485)   #4
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Biekens View Post
hmmm....
Masters GPM AND HGPCA
aaaaaaaand, not that far away from the ferry ports.

I might actually do this
Didnt think I would

Rudolf
Old 14 Dec 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2999539)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes you must go to Zandvoort,one of my favorate tracks and places to go. "the beech and sea". Just a word of warning!!! noise is a very big issue and the circuit officals are very strict.We have a little trick that I can advise those going too do with the exhaust tail pipe.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2999542)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have a little trick that I can advise those going too do with the exhaust tail pipe.
Does it involve a potato?

It will be interesting to see how all the F1 and WSM cars cope with the limits......
Old 14 Dec 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2999563)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure this Zandvoort meeting will have no noise restrictions. The dunes will reverberate to the sound of proper racing engines again!

As we all know, the calendar is very crowded, but this sounds like a superb event.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2999566)   #8
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO noise restrictions. There is a round of Euro F2 as well.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3129161)   #9
basb
Rookie

basb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures

Hi,

I took some pictures at the event. I try to be as thorough as possible labeling the cars. Please let me know if something is off:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/basje/7908584910/ (link is to one of the pictures).

I'll add more when I identify more cars.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3130003)   #10
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by basb View Post
Hi,

I took some pictures at the event. I try to be as thorough as possible labeling the cars. Please let me know if something is off:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/basje/7908584910/ (link is to one of the pictures).

I'll add more when I identify more cars.
Very good so far, look forward to seeing more.
The Lotus with race number 20 is a 24 F1 car.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3130106)   #11
Ti-Tourist (Erik)
Rookie

Netherlands
Ti-Tourist (Erik) should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great weekend ! A very big thank you to all participants that brought all these beautiful cars !

A small selection of photo's from me can be found here:

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...dvoort%202012/

Old 4 Sep 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3130386)   #12
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyable Zandvoort

I have just spent a very enjoyable two days reporting the Zandvoort Historic GP Meeting. Yes the weather helped but the pleasure came from being at a circuit which has real character Where else can you see hundreds of spectators watching, not from awful scaffolding built stands but from the natural vantage points afforded by the surrounding sand dunes. The track, with few run offs and a series of very stout barriers demands respect, like Pau, the driver pays for his mistake. Some grids, in particular, the GP Masters were very thin, but actually, the two races were hard fought, as was the Gentleman Drivers 90 minute outing. Martin Stretton won both heats of the Historic F2 with ease. Zandvoort is allowed four noise free meeting a year and I guess, faces similar problems as Monza. The organisers were happy to have attracted a record crowd, around 35,000. Plans are in hand to introduce an additional entry/exit. For Brits it's around the same distance as Spa from Calais although P&O operate between Hull and Rotterdam, which is on the doorstep. Amsterdam airport is also very close. Something else. Public tickets were good value, less than half one pays at Silverstone or Goodwood. All in all a very enjoyable weekend by the sea.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3130412)   #13
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple of images including the McLaren of a determined Marcus Mussa
Attached Thumbnails
single image.jpg   zvoort sun 009.jpg  
Old 4 Sep 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3130587)   #14
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Peter for the compliment! I was so determined that I ended up disqualified for "misbehaviour" - first time in 45 years - had a slight coming together with a rather reluctant back marker, quite involuntary, but difficult to argue after seeing the film on the monitor! (mind you having just put together my onboard film, I can understand my frustration!!).
But it was a fabulous meeting, and a "Brands Hatch in the dunes" of a circuit.
On Saturday night we drove the cars into town, we thought for free beer, but that turned out optimistic (as a Dutch friend said, you will have trouble getting anything free in Holland..). There were thousands of people lining the streets and we made as much noise as possible, which for my car is saying something.