Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jun 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3417817)   #51
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year we roasted in an old saloon. This year we're bringing a soft top which leaks like the home office so rain is more than likely on the cards!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3417818)   #52
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Woo hoo just back from committee meeting and we now have 35 entries for the tour . . Our poor comp sec last week he was worried as. We only had around 20 entered now he is panicking as might not have enough awards for all the entrants
Old 10 Jun 2014, 05:14 (Ref:3417958)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
This year we're bringing a soft top which leaks like the home office so rain is more than likely on the cards!
Dont say that as we are in a Morgan.....
Old 10 Jun 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3418061)   #54
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, amongst all the awards is there one for most water in the footwell?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3418489)   #55
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the very best Iain. More power to your elbow man (and the weather looks good)
Old 11 Jun 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3418494)   #56
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am getting streesed,Thanks for the good wishes . Went and mapped out the bike ride last night. So lucky to have the wonderfull countryside around the Chiltern's,here.. Found a great pub by the river in Wallingford as well.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3418504)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not far away is the Shillingford Bridge. that used to be a good pub too.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3418509)   #58
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
It will be fine as always and everyone will have a great time. Go and check out the pubs again. Are there any sneak previews for tenthers?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3418823)   #59
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chigley Alert!
As I have cancelled Cholmondeley I may well be at Delta Towers.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3418873)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Chigley Alert!
I'm sure you will be made very welcome! See you there.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3418947)   #61
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Chigley Alert!
Good heavens.

There's power and influence for you ...

Status Quo too much to take on?

Old 11 Jun 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3418984)   #62
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
Status Quo too much to take on?
'Fraid not Grant. A spot of ill health in the family involving an ambulance and CCU didn't make the Quo viable, Iain will have to put up with me instead.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3419048)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry to hear about poorly family member . Hope all is well and I will look forward to seeing you Sunday . Thanks
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3419071)   #64
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope everything goes well, you should have about 8 marshals including Chigley.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3419119)   #65
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Alan,All the grass is now cut and I am getting the two entrance's to the field rollered tomorrow. Just hope we dont get a very low Lamborghini and it looses its splitter.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3419128)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Iain, are the race cars parking on grass? If so I'll put the wets on so as not to get the slicks covers in cuttings....

In honour of the occasion I have polished the roof of my van. Don't ask.....

Old 12 Jun 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3419142)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes Mike all on Grass.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3419167)   #68
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
'Fraid not Grant. A spot of ill health in the family involving an ambulance and CCU didn't make the Quo viable, Iain will have to put up with me instead.
That does not sound too good so I hope all is working out now.

On first reading of your original post I sort of assumed that you had somehow managed to get the entire Pageant thing cancelled .... now that would have been something!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3419300)   #69
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
you had somehow managed to get the entire Pageant thing cancelled
Pillock
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3419366)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That does not sound too good so I hope all is working out now.

On first reading of your original post I sort of assumed that you had somehow managed to get the entire Pageant thing cancelled .... now that would have been something!
BTW G P, I thought you had something on this weekend. Will you be making an appearance.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3422250)   #71
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant fun today, Iain, well done! Not too brilliant weather, but at least it wasn't wet. I thought the crowd looked even bigger this year?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 05:11 (Ref:3422381)   #72
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Gazza. Looking forward to seeing the film of the show . Did you manage to record the vicar giving the show his blessing . I thought he was brilliant . Full report later but many thanks to all my ten tenth friends who gave the show support .
Old 16 Jun 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3422387)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Having spent the morning participating in The Tour in an open car, the overcast sky was a good compromise. Not wet and not scorchio! We followed the route correctly but missed a couple of clues for the Q & A element while I was distracted checking our progress was indeed correct! Only gripe was that due to the large and apparently ravenous crowd, the excellent 'ladies that cook' were running out of grub by the time we got back to Nuffield! Maybe tour needs to start a bit earlier next year or take a bit less time, as could have done with more of the afternoon taking in all the display cars and chatting!

Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3422569)   #74
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
A very pleasant day out, seal of approval from Mrs M who headed straight for the refreshments when we finished the tour whereas I, like Mike, got chatting and missed out although managed to get something very black in a bun later on. Everyone I spoke to (and there were lots of them) thoroughly enjoyed themselves and it was surely the biggest ever turn out of cars & people. Let's hope the charity coffers reflect that!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3422610)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grahame and Breda White 2014.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	42746.
Well I am very upset, been saying to Grahame about doing the interview at the show and apparantly this was his responce when he was told by a marshall I had micraphone in hand ready for the chat.