Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 6 Nov 2001, 16:04 (Ref:170914)   #1
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pro-Am Charity Kart Challenge

An Invitation to Participate

RacingLines International invites you to enter a team in the Pro-Am Charity Karting Challenge.

To be held at the Rye House Kart Raceway, Hoddesdon Herts. UK on Sunday January 27th 2002.

The event will consist of a 4 hour endurance race with teams of up to six amateur drivers joined by a professional racing driver.

Entry fee for this unique event is £600 per team (max. 6 drivers).

Karting is a great way to entertain your customers, reward your staff and also promote your brand. All karts can be branded* in the company livery, trackside banners* can be displayed and there are even some great value sponsorship opportunities still available.

The winning team’s nominated charity will receive a cash donation in the teams name of 20% of the proceeds of the event with a further 20% going to the charity of the winning professional driver.

The remainder of the proceeds will go to the 1st Stanstead Abbotts & St Margarets Scout Group’s hut renovation fund.

There are only 28 Karts available for this event – So act now to avoid disappointment.

We are racing Deavinson Formula GT1 390cc 13.5HP Thunderkarts

For more details contact RacingLines International on +44-1920-877005 or see the event website at http://karting.racinglines.com

*Branding and Banners to be provided at the teams expense – full technical detail available from RacingLines International
Old 6 Nov 2001, 16:15 (Ref:170918)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sounds like a great event..I've decided to make this a hot topic so it will stay at the top of the pile for a bit.

come on give it a go folks.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:11 (Ref:172517)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Is the professional driver provided by racing lines or do we provide one of our own?
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:16 (Ref:172521)   #4
rlinter
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Is the professional driver provided by racing lines or do we provide one of our own?
RacingLines will provide your Pro.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:18 (Ref:172523)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks. Do you have a list of professional driver names yet or are they still in the 'planning' stage?
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:23 (Ref:172525)   #6
rlinter
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Many thanks. Do you have a list of professional driver names yet or are they still in the 'planning' stage?
We have most of the drivers we need 'signed up' we will be annoucing them over the next couple of weeks via our website. We are at the finalisation stage - Any Pro Driver that want to take part email karting@racinglines.com for details.

Thanks
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:28 (Ref:172527)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks once again, I'll have a word at work and see how they feel.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 18:56 (Ref:178769)   #8
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rlinter - get in touch if you want to advertise the event on my website www.british-f3.com
There's always room for promoting charity events - and I get about 300 visitors a week, including drivers themselves.
PM me or write to me through the site.
Francesca
Old 25 Nov 2001, 20:49 (Ref:178801)   #9
rlinter
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Francesca
Rlinter - get in touch if you want to advertise the event on my website www.british-f3.com
There's always room for promoting charity events - and I get about 300 visitors a week, including drivers themselves.
PM me or write to me through the site.
Francesca
Thanks Francesca, Email on it's way.

Just as a futher plug - We have still got spaces available.

Last edited by rlinter; 25 Nov 2001 at 20:52.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 09:55 (Ref:184915)   #10
rlinter
Racer

Ron & Leon Haslam head Pro Driver Line Up

British, European and World Champions past and present from both two and four wheels will be amongst the professional driver ranks for the Pro-Am Charity Karting Challenge when the race starts at the Rye House Kart Raceway on the afternoon of January 27th 2002.

Currently heading the professional driver line up is multiple motorcycle world champion Ron Haslam and Current 500cc GP rider Leon Haslam. The Haslams will be joined by top talent from the 4 wheel world including former European formula ford champion and Macau GP lap record holder Derek Hayes, Former World Formula Ford 1600 Champion Topi Serjala, Reigning European Caterham Champion and Mclaren Young Driver of the year Nominee Simon Pullan.

“This whole format is great and will be a really great spectacle” said British F3 Scholarship Class Champion and Mclaren Young Driver of the year Nominee Robbie Kerr. “I hope that this event will raise thousands for good causes and I am really looking forward to a bit of competitive karting again”.

The main event of the meeting will put teams of up to 6 amateur races and a professional driver in a four hour endurance race for a winner takes all prize of a cash donation to the victor’s charity.

“We still have several karts available for the event” reported Sean Driscoll of event organisers RacingLines International, “With the prize money being directly proportional to the number of entries the more teams that enter the more money that will be raise for the charities.”

“We anticipate the list of Professional drivers taking part in the event will be further swelled by a number of surprise guests” He continued.

While refusing to be drawn on who the surprise guests are, Driscoll said “We are in complex negotiations with several household names”.

All teams will receive trackside banner space and the opportunity to put a sponsors livery on the Kart making this a great event for corporate entertainment to reward staff or impress clients.

The primary beneficiary of the event will be the 1st Stanstead Abbotts Scout Group’s Headquarters refurbishment & Minibus fund with 40% of the proceeds going to the victors charity.

For more information and entry details please see the event website at http://karting.racinglines.com or call the event office on 01920-877005.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 13:41 (Ref:185001)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow..great line up ya have there..hope it all goes well...really wish I could be there
Old 24 Dec 2001, 22:09 (Ref:189475)   #12
rlinter
Racer

Seasonal Special Deal

Reserve a team for the Pro-Am Charity Karting Challenge before December 31st (23:59 GMT) and recieve Free VIP hospitality for your team.

For Details see www.karting.racinglines.com
Old 2 Jan 2002, 15:36 (Ref:192742)   #13
rlinter
Racer

Charity Karting Entry Fee Slashed by over £100.

In an attempt to sell the remaining karts for the inaugural running of Britain’s fastest Pro-Am Charity Karting endurance event the 1st Stanstead Abbotts Scout Group have slashed the entry fees by over £100.

Originally advertised at £600, the new price of £499 represents a saving of approaching 20%.

“We have decided to reduce the price to help us sell the remaining karts” Admitted Group Scout Leader Vicki Burt. “The support from all directions has been outstanding and we really want this inaugural event to have as full a grid as possible so we have slashed over £100 off the entry price.”

The event will take place at the Rye House Kart Raceway on January 27th 2002 and will feature such stars as Ron Haslam, Robbie Kerr, James Hanson, Derek Hayes, Phil Bennett, and Simon Pullan. The stars will team up with members of the public in a winner takes all race for a cash donation to the victors nominated charity.

Robbie Kerr was impressed with the Deavinson Formula GT1 Karts that will be used for the event, when he tested one just before Christmas. “For a 4 stroke kart these are great. They are nice and safe and in the less the perfect track conditions today I had great fun.”

“This event will really kick start my year “ Kerr continued, “I haven’t raced since the end of September and am itching to get back the track again.”

To enter a team please call the Karting Hotline on 01920-877005 or visit the event website at http://karting.racinglines.com and signup online.
Old 18 Jan 2002, 17:35 (Ref:200697)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately...

Quote:
For Immediate Release

Pro-Am Charity Karting Postponed

Stanstead Abbotts nr Ware Herts UK - January 18th 2002: The 1st Stanstead Abbotts & St Margarets Scout Group regret to announce that they are postponing there inaugural Pro-Am Charity Karting Challenge.

The decision to postpone the event was taken by the group in conjunction with event organisers RacingLines International after a major sponsor pulled out of the event late last week citing commercial pressures.

“We had to agonise long an hard over the decision.” said RacingLines International Commercial Director Sean Driscoll. “Our team have spent the last week trying to secure alternate funding but with little success”.

The event would have seen stars from all forms of motorsport race with the public for charity.

“We are issuing full refunds to all those teams that had signed up for the event” Driscoll continued. “We hope run a rescheduled the event on October 27th 2002”

“It is a real shame that we have to postpone” said Group Scout Leader Vicki Burt “That effectively means that we can’t repair our hut or replace our minibus this year”.

“I would like to thank all those who put in literally hundreds of hours into this event and especially over the last week trying to replace the sponsor” She continued.

Nobody at either RacingLines International or the Scout group would be drawn on the identity of the errant sponsor when pressed Driscoll said “It would be completely unprofessional for us to identify the company involved”.

Bookings are now being taken for the rescheduled event. Any teams interested in taking part should visit the event website at karting.racinglines.com or call RacingLines International on 01920-877005.

--ENDS—
Old 18 Jan 2002, 17:43 (Ref:200700)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thats horrible news.

I feel sorry for everyone involved especially our own rlinter what a shame ..would have been a great event to see and I hope they can recover from this and perhaps oraganize another event in the future
Old 18 Jan 2002, 17:53 (Ref:200703)   #16
rlinter
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
thats horrible news.

I feel sorry for everyone involved especially our own rlinter what a shame ..would have been a great event to see and I hope they can recover from this and perhaps oraganize another event in the future
We already have a date scheduled of October 27th 2002 - This is about a month after the end of the Domestic British season with only rallying and a couple of races in the US left and before the F3 boys jet off to the orient.

We are already talking several sponsors and the pro-drivers are to a person up for the event so watch this space..
Old 19 Jan 2002, 01:02 (Ref:200980)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well I wish you every success for the next one and hope all goes well.
Old 5 Sep 2002, 13:32 (Ref:373766)   #18
rlinter
Racer

This is back on October 27th Date is confirmed and the price has come down to £400 a team (66.67 a head based on a team of 6) This also includes a post race party at a luxury hotel...

New Website address as well www.charitykarting.org

Last edited by rlinter; 5 Sep 2002 at 13:33.