Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1448358)   #1
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar - Snet 5th / 6th Nov - pitlane access?

hi im planning to go to see the night race at snetterton, was wondering if the pits and pitlane will be open to the public? as the race is an endurance one and it'd be nice to get some pics of cars being worked on in the pits
Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1448362)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would hope not!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1448405)   #3
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Organisers would be crazy to let public have access to the pitlane during a race meeting. You'll probably get paddock access and be able to see the teams working on the cars in the garages but not pit side.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1448725)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The pitlane won't be open, I can pretty much assure you of that. It's not Le Mans, but these cars do move very quickly in the pitlane, an inexperienced person could easily put themselves in danger.

Just a thought, you could speak to the teams and ask if you could take photos from within the garage, not sure what the situation would be. But actually out in the pitlane would be a no-no I would think.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1448752)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pit lane is not a place to spectate from, you need eyes everywhere, not only do you have the cars speeding off, it will be dark, there will be re-fueling too.

Besides this is Snett, the barriers aren't that high and you can see more for around the track than you can in the pit lane.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1448785)   #6
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
cheers for the info, pics from the garages sounds good, sorry i'd got the wrong idea from somewhere about the public access thing (from silverstone 24 hours i think) will be getting pics from most corners - its a long race! esses, bombhole, coram, russell etc going to try some long time exposure stuff
Old 1 Nov 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1449960)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Public liability insurance and all that means a big NO to public on the "live" side at race meetings...to sign on at Lydden you must show proof of PLI beforehand(thinks its something like 2 or 3 £million). To allow the public to mill about in a live pitlane is a ludicrous sugestion.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1450022)   #8
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
sorry i'd got the wrong idea from somewhere about the public access thing (from silverstone 24 hours i think)
There wasn't public access to the pitlane there either.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1450207)   #9
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to belittle, but it would be a very silly thing to expect access to a live pitlane during a race. As has been made clear, it's actually a very dangerous area, even more so when dark.

If you really want to get pictures of the teams working on the cars, then I'd heed Mike's suggetion, or ask officials if you can wander the pitlane after the racing has finished and the pitlane is no longer live.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1450758)   #10
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
okay thanks guys
Old 2 Nov 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1450881)   #11
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Public liability insurance and all that means a big NO to public on the "live" side at race meetings...to sign on at Lydden you must show proof of PLI beforehand(thinks its something like 2 or 3 £million). To allow the public to mill about in a live pitlane is a ludicrous sugestion.
And all MSV circuits require £5M......
Old 2 Nov 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1450901)   #12
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...about the same amount of dosh as your lens then Hubble!!!