Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2789251)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
360 Wedding Breakfast Sprint Race.

Will ask Clare later!

Does anyone fancy a Pre 68 GT ish/Saloon race at 6 hr meeting ?

Seems we may be able to fix a 30 min race with 25 min practise for about 200Quid.Merlyns,B8's,Elvas and stuff plus B's,Jags ,Porsche etc.

Ideal prep for 3 hrs and similar to the open race at Spa organised by whatshisname.

Its only an idea with all proceeds going into 6 hr pot.

We would enter two cars perhaps three.

Only worth doing with full grid.

Opinions as thinking out loud.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2789323)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yes
Old 12 Nov 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2789326)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Guards Trophy type eligibility rules but to end 68?
Old 12 Nov 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2789329)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will ask Jim .Can he enter the Galaxie or Westminster.If there are a load of B8's then we are not interested.Sorry
Old 12 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2789365)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
At moment there are no cars nor race.Think its a good opportunity to have a race for other cars that will give hopefully some financial help to Team who have stuck their necks out to back 6 hrs.

Idea is what sort of race will give full grid and max income to them.

Problem is Donington same weekend.

So we have an Elva,Galaxie,Merlyn?,and so on.What can we do to incorporate that in one race and sell idea to Clare/John etc.Max two B8's,etc.By invitation to guarantee balance.Iain ,what do you think?Cortinas,Le Mans Reps any ideas.

What will/want people bring.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2789505)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
John, will be concentrating on 6hrs but could bring something else if doesn't interfere with main event.

Slicks, Ls, List 1a? Allcomers?
Old 13 Nov 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2789513)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok FWIW. Lets wait untill all the dates are settled.Have a look at the calender and see whats racing around that time.For sure John it makes sence for owners to bring another car to race.These days drivers/car owners want as much track time as they can get.
Great idea and im sure there will be some of the smaller clubs that will buy some track time of Claire.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2789525)   #8
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember all the debate before the first 360MRC event and they weren't exactly receptive to some of the sort of machinery attending that you are talking about JR as it wasn't seen to be "clubby" whatever that really is....
Old 13 Nov 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2789665)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I would think they need to use all income streams possible and if you remember last year the world and its wife promised them entries for 6 hrs and it didn't happen.Mostly from here.

A more pragmatic view is more than possible.If some of us who could use a short race at Snet in early season and can help them think its worthwhile.

My original idea was Pre War but Legends now have one same weekend so that scuppered that.The Donington Festival think is a nuisance.

Need a twenty or so car grid.

Would think Pre 66 GT's and Sports Racers may be interesting with a few Saloons thrown in.We could do with early test of the B8 but that may make life complicated

Think only 30 min race absolute max whereas 40 min may be better.Any class to fill a grid I think would suffice.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2789671)   #10
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I would think they need to use all income streams possible and if you remember last year the world and its wife promised them entries for 6 hrs and it didn't happen.Mostly from here.

A more pragmatic view is more than possible.If some of us who could use a short race at Snet in early season and can help them think its worthwhile.

My original idea was Pre War but Legends now have one same weekend so that scuppered that.The Donington Festival think is a nuisance.

Need a twenty or so car grid.

Would think Pre 66 GT's and Sports Racers may be interesting with a few Saloons thrown in.We could do with early test of the B8 but that may make life complicated

Think only 30 min race absolute max whereas 40 min may be better.Any class to fill a grid I think would suffice.
OK have been watching with interest and keeping quiet but you know me.....

We have a 30 min slot with 20 min qualifying guys, we cannot have the race any longer, time frame wouldnt allow it sorry

The rest is up to you x

Last edited by MartinSmith; 13 Nov 2010 at 15:14. Reason: typo
Old 13 Nov 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2789674)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thanks for that Claire so I am sure us wafflers can come up with something to help you.

Expect it will be in four weeks when all next years Major Dates are known.

Could be a decent week for some with a Snet race and then onto Donington.

Just got to sort out what type of race gives you decent income.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2789772)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC have just published their dates - Snetterton 300 April 9/10, Brands Indy May7/8 - so they aren't a direct issue.

If CSCC dates are out, I guess most clubs must be ready to go?
Old 14 Nov 2010, 05:03 (Ref:2789953)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've already entered the 6hrs, but I could have something for this too. If there's something solid on this and my car fits, I'll plug in an entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I remember all the debate before the first 360MRC event and they weren't exactly receptive to some of the sort of machinery attending that you are talking about JR as it wasn't seen to be "clubby" whatever that really is....
The point was that the FIA AppK brigade is seen to be a bit more pro am than a strict club racing discipline. Likewise Group 2 machinery with its encumbent running costs is also seen to be outside the normal club racer's capabilities. Thus the event was developed to provide a race for cars that don't generally get the opportunity to race over such a long distance. Not to mention the dominance of the support trucks in the paddock!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2794269)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Simon-Would you take Merlyn if we could get race on 6 hr programme at Snet?
Old 22 Nov 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2794277)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
probably not - I can go testing the day before the 3 hour and only pay attendance fees once!!
Old 22 Nov 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2794335)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
probably not - I can go testing the day before the 3 hour and only pay attendance fees once!!
Out of interest, how much you pay for testing? (roughly) and how long do you get for that money?
Old 23 Nov 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2794584)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Out of interest, how much you pay for testing? (roughly) and how long do you get for that money?
From memory I think it is about £250 for the day and that would be two 30 minute sessions in the morning and two in the afternoon.
My issue is not with your costing merely that by the time I have paid for the preppers to come up from Dorset and run me for the day its an expensive 40 minute race. That is why I probably will pass on the HSCC round at Croft as well.
The HSCC 3 hour at Snet has a testing day on the Friday so it makes more sense to use that as a time to learn the new circuit.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2794588)   #18
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
From memory I think it is about £250 for the day and that would be two 30 minute sessions in the morning and two in the afternoon.
My issue is not with your costing merely that by the time I have paid for the preppers to come up from Dorset and run me for the day its an expensive 40 minute race. That is why I probably will pass on the HSCC round at Croft as well.
The HSCC 3 hour at Snet has a testing day on the Friday so it makes more sense to use that as a time to learn the new circuit.
I see your point, it does make sense if you are in the three hour anyway. One day Simon you will come race with us I hope.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 08:05 (Ref:2794590)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

Claire if I had the excess budget to buy a car for your 6 Hour race I would as there is no better bang for your buck than your race... however as a fellow city worker you are well aware bonus' next spring are far from certain!!!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2794593)   #20
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Claire if I had the excess budget to buy a car for your 6 Hour race I would as there is no better bang for your buck than your race... however as a fellow city worker you are well aware bonus' next spring are far from certain!!!
We must move in different circles...What's a bonus? :-)
Old 23 Nov 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2794595)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

Bonus? Its what gets me out of bed at 4.45am every morning.....
Old 23 Nov 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2794618)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Correct, we should move some posts to a general HSCC calendar discussion.

And some have been moved to here.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 23 Nov 2010 at 09:31.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2794621)   #23
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now look what you've done Peter!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2794626)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think we should have a whip around for impoverished city workers who are having their bonus cut so they can carry on their expensive hobbies unheeded. You guys wanna get out here and see what its like trying to run and survive in the small business world with out back up from massive corperations and banks.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 23 Nov 2010 at 10:07.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2794627)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Make the cut off date 1970 John and I may be interested in bringing a Chevy along, lets get away from this pesky 66 thing, everyone does that, its getting boring and plays into Mustang owners hands.