Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Aug 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3287982)   #451
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Still keep looking in every few days but not much happening in the world of sportscar racing, however in just over 1 month i hope to be in spa watching the six hour classic race, hoping to find a cheap hotel close by but happy to camp if it means we can spend the evenings drinking in the racing hotel bar
Old 10 Aug 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3287985)   #452
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Still keep looking in every few days but not much happening in the world of sportscar racing, however in just over 1 month i hope to be in spa watching the six hour classic race, hoping to find a cheap hotel close by but happy to camp if it means we can spend the evenings drinking in the racing hotel bar
Don't forget to have some cheese with that (we must respect the thread title)

But I'm looking forward to Spa too!, It's going to be good with some Sportscar Racing again.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3287989)   #453
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I suspect we will be par taking of cheese and wine, and perhaps meeting a few forum members aswell
Old 11 Aug 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3288256)   #454
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like everyone else I've been struck by how quiet everything's been.

Huge gap in the WEC schedule, with everything remaining being a flyaway, relative demise of the ALMS, and a distinct lack of any real news or proper grounds for speculation means there's not a huge amount to be said.

Hoping things pick up in the autumn, in the meantime, we're plotting a Christmas trip down the Loire valley, so pondering whether it's worth trying to see the track with some snow involved.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3288292)   #455
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheers for the add on facebook, CTD! Your snaps are excellent.

Le Mans was nearly two months ago, or a sixth of a year. So we're 1/6th of the way to the next Le Mans.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3288321)   #456
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes things have indeed been quiet recently, although Helen was very pleased to get several happy birthday messages from tenthers on her facebook page.
Indeed now only just over 10 months to go until the first of my two trips to la sarthe in 2014
Old 11 Aug 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3288329)   #457
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had to go to Finland to partake in a bit of rally watching in the absence of any sportscars.

Looking forward to the racing kicking back off again but just as frustrating is the drying up of information regarding 2014. I think we will see a lot of late deals this year with all the uncertainty and USCR questions.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3288342)   #458
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Had to go to Finland to partake in a bit of rally watching in the absence of any sportscars.

Looking forward to the racing kicking back off again but just as frustrating is the drying up of information regarding 2014. I think we will see a lot of late deals this year with all the uncertainty and USCR questions.
And let's not forget that the 2014 cars is still to be rolled out (except the Porsche), when the first testing of the new cars begins, I'm sure we will see some deals take place

But we can always start some Off Topic chit-chat threads?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3288853)   #459
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

But we can always start some Off Topic chit-chat threads?
"Your favourite cheese - and why"

(Brie....)
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3288857)   #460
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, off topic chit-cheese-chat threads - I like that....
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3288864)   #461
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well as i have sampled only a very small selection of the thousands of different cheeses available it is only those that I have tried that i can comment on, but currently my favourite is Lincolnshire poacher, a very hard english cheese which reminds me of the cheddars we had as a boy, very dry and nutty, only seen it in waitrose and due to price usually only buy it when it is approaching it's sell by date and reduced to an affordable level.
favourite french cheese is vignotte
and rather liked the belgium cheese(stilton like) from the meet
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3288875)   #462
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone heard about that explosion at the cheese factory?

De brie was everywhere.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3288877)   #463
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

De brie was everywhere.
GROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3288879)   #464
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:

De brie was everywhere.
That had to come at some point .

My favorite cheese:
Melted topping on top of Lasagna and Pizza's
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3288885)   #465
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Tough crowd you lot.

I'm not even 100% sure that's the first time I've used that "joke" in this thread. Brie always has had a habit of repeating on me.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3288901)   #466
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Tough crowd you lot.

I'm not even 100% sure that's the first time I've used that "joke" in this thread. Brie always has had a habit of repeating on me.

Old 12 Aug 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3288913)   #467
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

De brie was everywhere.
I like these kind of 'creative with words and their meaning' jokes.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3289014)   #468
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

De brie was everywhere.
That was no explosion - it was the stinking bishop
Old 13 Aug 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3289217)   #469
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was working in a deli once, when a Greek girl came in and said "do you have any Feta cheese?"

I replied, "well I'm quite in to gimp masks and ladies feet"...
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3289252)   #470
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneou...eesejokes.html
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3289253)   #471
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Okay, I think we've exhausted all the cheese-related puns. I camembert it any longer.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3289258)   #472
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Where there's a will, there's a whey.
Or so I've heard.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3289259)   #473
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not heard some of those, liked the blind man story
Old 13 Aug 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3289294)   #474
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 13 Aug 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3289360)   #475
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ok, well that was nice......

Time to move on perhaps.... Does anyone else have any pics from this year's meeting? I hope to be able to post a little bit of video soon.......