Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2001, 04:24 (Ref:63031)   #1
TheDevil
Rookie

TheDevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just have one of those feelings that this season we will see a real challenge from DC and maybe even the WDC awarded to him...............anyone agree??
Old 7 Feb 2001, 05:36 (Ref:63039)   #2
chow wei hsien
Rookie

chow wei hsien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my @ss ....this is DC's year, DC should get lost from the F1 scene, he is just there to make up the numbers, that guy is idiot!@
Old 7 Feb 2001, 05:41 (Ref:63041)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

This is his year alright.....His year to retire
Old 7 Feb 2001, 05:46 (Ref:63042)   #4
Raceace
Rookie

Raceace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, for the following reasons:

Coultard has a new engineer
Ron Dennis has backed Coultard - more so than previously
Coultard himself seems to be more fired up than in the years leeding up to 2000.
And lets face it if he had not have had the reliability troubles him and Mika should of taken the constructors in 2000. They had the far superior car. Having said that Ferrari had their own reliability troubles aswell (esp. Monaco).

I think Coultard is improving all the time and we must remember that Mika and Michael have been in this game for longer than he.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 05:53 (Ref:63046)   #5
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cmon Mr Devil...he may pull off the "mika-not-in-a-mood-so-me" win...and then the British Media can go crazy describing his WDC "potential"...But hes not taking the title..THATS for sure!!!
Old 7 Feb 2001, 05:56 (Ref:63047)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, DC just needs that bit more consistency, he is right there otherwise. The consistency could come from equal treatment strategy wise in the team as Ron has promised this year.

Come on Chow baby, burn me, I dare ya!
Old 7 Feb 2001, 06:41 (Ref:63052)   #7
TheDevil
Rookie

TheDevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, i think those of you who think he has no chance are going to be in for a big surprise!
Old 7 Feb 2001, 07:02 (Ref:63054)   #8
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only agree on your last point Devil. If DC does win it will be a BIG suprise. Dont get your hopes up to high though.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 07:25 (Ref:63057)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Well AM, you be careful, because he might chow (fry in Cantonese) you.
On a more serious note, this is also Eddie's year, Jarno's year, Alesi's year, Jacque's year, Ralf's year, Olivier's year, Bunsen's year, JPM's year, ..........In fact the only one who hasn't a claim so far is Mazza!! He might not get a year.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 12:30 (Ref:63124)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is finally his year...his final year i wish

i know he can win races...but i dunt think he can win TOO many.

i know he can win the championship...but i dunt like him and so i do not wish to see him win.

If a mclaren driver HAS to win the championship this year, let it be the true gentleman of the Mclaren Camp...MIKA HAKKINEN...

And yes, DC is still learning in F1, but he is taking a freaking long time to learn to win consistenly....

(C)onsistency thats what he lacks,
(O)pinions of his are loads of ****,
(U) see him often in gravel traps,
(L)oser he is on the racing track.
(T)hat is why he hardly scores,
(H)aving blamed the car that caused his fall.
(A)rguing that the team gave wrong call,
(R)unning behind in 3rd overall.
(D)avid david, hows ur butt, that after Malaysia, is so sore?
Old 7 Feb 2001, 12:57 (Ref:63136)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
GT_R, after that effort, what can we possibly say that would matter. I bestow on you the honour of "The Rembrandt of Poets". Your opinions are the best, and most entertaining. Give us more -
Old 7 Feb 2001, 13:03 (Ref:63140)   #12
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well every word that was in my mind for this post, was in Gt_R reply. That's all I had to say. DC ain't good, well at least not to win the WDC, he has lack of consistency, think of him as McLaren's second driver, the one to watch mika's back, the one to win occasionaly when neither mika or tgf finish.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 14:20 (Ref:63155)   #13
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Moderator!, uh would you help me place this call,na naa nuh naa, number on this ----book is old and faded daa da tee daa duh...."
Old 7 Feb 2001, 14:28 (Ref:63156)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I´m not agree on "This is the year of DC",,, not to be the champion..., but, I think this will be the year for Mclaren as a team.

Old 7 Feb 2001, 15:40 (Ref:63168)   #15
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys, what´s that language chow, you don´t see to come from the land of the great lama. This problem should be solved at this years last race when we will know who will be the 2001 WDC. Stop arguing and stop using th obscene words, not that I care, but there are plenty that do.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 16:55 (Ref:63178)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is any more of this actionable language on this thread, it will be closed.

We can disagree about DC without being disagreeable and those who cannot, can be gone.
Old 7 Feb 2001, 17:31 (Ref:63181)   #17
Holly
Rookie

Holly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At the end of the day, DC isn't bloody good enough to be champion, and he certainly doesn't deserve it! He constantly mouths off about other driver's mistakes, but has he admitted any of his own? And he moans about Ron favouring Mika, but could that be because Mika's a better driver, and has a better attitude?
Old 7 Feb 2001, 22:45 (Ref:63278)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I wish to thak Liz for the action she took in erasing the foul language posts. We are here to enjoy ourselves and have some fun. I guess if we can consider this as Craig's home and we are all invited guests, then we can see how each of us should behave. I enjoy coming here and having some fun, and I hope that this idea will encourage more guests to join our fun forum.
Having said all this, I don't think that DC will be WDC this year or any other year. GT_R said it all - good call Rembrandt!!
Old 8 Feb 2001, 03:29 (Ref:63341)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, Liz, sorry to have missed the offending posts.

I'll check in here with my bi-weekly DC support. I think he has a good chance and I expect him to outperform Hakkinen this season. TGF will be another matter, but I think its a possibility if the McLaren is superior to the Ferrari.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 04:31 (Ref:63351)   #20
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EERO

I agree go DC you good thing! I think this is the year.
If it turns out not to be, I'll reverse from this position at the speed of light.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 05:35 (Ref:63354)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
WDC will be anybody's this year

Having said that DC won't be the winner this year, I must say that the championship this year will be won by someone with fewer wins, and fewer points than last year. I don't see this year to be dominated by any one make, the tyre war will be very significant because other drivers will win races other than the Ferrari and McLaren drivers, and contrary to the proclamations from both BAR and Williams, I think drivers from these two teams will win races and could even knock off the championship. Reliability will also play a great part, along with tyre longevity during a race. This will dictate race strategy for the races and Ross Brawn will have a ball. I know this has been said at the start of every year that other teams will be significant. Honda and BMW will be significant, Ford is an unknown, but Renault will be underdone. Who knows how good Michelin will be? Even they won't know until well into the season. Of course DC could win, and so could Ralf, JPM, Jacques, Olivier, and so on. I personally think that Mika has the best chance this year, while most here in this forum will concede that TGF will be his main opponent. So, DC has an outside chance. The only one I am certain will not win will be Rubens, not unless TGF is sidelined again.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 21:48 (Ref:63491)   #22
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think this is DC's year...doesn't DC say every year that it'll be 'his year'? And has it ever been?

DC has postponed his wedding in order to win the championship...poor Heidi, she'll be waiting a long time then...
Old 8 Feb 2001, 23:35 (Ref:63534)   #23
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know what? I'm no Coulthard fan - you know me, luddite Tim - I was unimpressed when he came to Goodwood to "demonstrate" an old car when all the racers came to Goodwood to go racing....! That sort of thing colours my opinion of a driver.

but...

Having seen the tenor of some of the posts in this thread, the evil imp inside me is really hoping for David to do well this year - if for no other reason than the fun it'll be resurrecting the thread in October.

He'll do alright, just as long as he remembers that the mark of a good racer is the phrase "hungry for wins" and not "no, please, I insist, after you, Mika".
Old 8 Feb 2001, 23:47 (Ref:63540)   #24
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Well, I'd like to be able to read GT_R's post when DC doesn't win the WDC. DC will win races this year, no doubt, but I wouldn't put my money on him winning the WDC.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 23:56 (Ref:63542)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's left it a bit late to sacrifice Heidi on the altar of winning the WDC - wasn't he supposed to do that about 10 years ago? Or perhaps he has heard that Jacques has given Danni the heave-ho?

DC will win when he gets angry enough to realise that the guy who crosses the finish line first is the hero and the rest are zeros. Second place is nowhere. Especially in a field of two.