Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Dec 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2995705)   #1
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst 12 hour

OK folks - help and advice needed!!! Brian and I are off to Australia in February and have just realised we shall be in the Blue Mountains for the Bathurst 12 hour race. Do any of our posters on here have any information on buying tickets for the race and what the wheelchair access is like? Any tips gratefully received!
Thanks in advance, Joyce & Brian
Old 6 Dec 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2995844)   #2
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan View Post
OK folks - help and advice needed!!! Brian and I are off to Australia in February and have just realised we shall be in the Blue Mountains for the Bathurst 12 hour race. Do any of our posters on here have any information on buying tickets for the race and what the wheelchair access is like? Any tips gratefully received!
Thanks in advance, Joyce & Brian
Try the Bathurst 12 hour web site. The FAQ link should answer most of your questions.

www.bathurst12hour.com.au

I don't think you will have any trouble getting a ticket at the gate.

Enjoy your February 'down under'.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2995996)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucky you. Lots of information in this thread and it might be a good place to ask the same question.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2996071)   #4
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is probably worthwhile contacting the chief marshals - if they're as helpful as when we did the 1000, you might be able to get course car rides etc?

When the road is open before/after the race try and get to drive the circuit - it's an amazing unbelievable experience. We had to do it both ways round - just remember its a normal road, so no apexing the corners!
Old 6 Dec 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2996093)   #5
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
It is probably worthwhile contacting the chief marshals - if they're as helpful as when we did the 1000, you might be able to get course car rides etc?

When the road is open before/after the race try and get to drive the circuit - it's an amazing unbelievable experience. We had to do it both ways round - just remember its a normal road, so no apexing the corners!
Agree, the most amazing drive ever!! I did it 5 years ago, but Brian has not been there yet. Still have it on film - Brock's skyline was awesome.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2996104)   #6
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know the best way to marshal this evant?i can see you can via there website but its ask for cam number would i put my msa number here ?and i itake i would need to talk to msa about it too thanks chris
Old 6 Dec 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2996148)   #7
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan View Post
Agree, the most amazing drive ever!! I did it 5 years ago, but Brian has not been there yet. Still have it on film - Brock's skyline was awesome.
I marshalled at 10.5, which is the exit of McPhillamys - watching the sun come up on race morning was a memory I'll never forget
Old 6 Dec 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2996150)   #8
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskench View Post
does anyone know the best way to marshal this evant?i can see you can via there website but its ask for cam number would i put my msa number here ?and i itake i would need to talk to msa about it too thanks chris
Best way (see international marshalling thread) assuming you're graded marshal is to dig up chief marshal email address and contact them direct. They'll have a way to get you volunteered and if necessary temporary membership of CAMS etc. I think we had 'trainee' status on our hardcards, but after a short probation (1 practice session) we were treated as experienced