Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 9 Dec 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2351296)   #1
Claypole
Rookie

United Kingdom
Boston
Claypole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
South lincs Pint Saturday 13th December.

This is a message for car enthusiasts in the South Lincs area, some local Triumph owners are getting together for a pint at the Ship inn in Pinchbeck this Saturday at 7.30pm, would be a real pleasure if you could come and join us and chew the cud.
cheers Calvin.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2354719)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So how did this go? What was the turnout like? Will you do it again? I'd certainly like to try and attend this when the weather improves, but that could be a few months away yet! Yes, I know, I'm a fair weather enthusiast, these days!
Old 2 Jan 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2364256)   #3
Claypole
Rookie

United Kingdom
Boston
Well John, we are just a bunch of four guys at the moment from the triumph sports six club having a pint, but we may well seek to expand through word of mouth.
That said, due to the fact that my feet sunk in an inch of mud in the carpark when I got out of the car and that it is unlit, we are going to move the meeting to the drayman's inn in Little London, Spalding. Although I have no experience of it, do you? What's it like?
Cheers Calvin
Old 3 Jan 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2364410)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Calvin, no idea, I'm afraid; I've never sampled the delights of Spalding hostelry. There are too many closer to home!
Old 3 Jan 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2364569)   #5
Claypole
Rookie

United Kingdom
Boston
John, do you know of any pubs around the villages that might be suitable, good carpark, good drinking and chatting area where we wouldn't annoy the happy eaters?
Bit stuck out that way being Boston based.
Calvin
Old 4 Jan 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2365089)   #6
Claypole
Rookie

United Kingdom
Boston
South lincs Pint, The Drayman's Arms, Little london Spalding sat 10/01/09 at 7.30pm

The next event will be next5 saturday night, anyone with an interest in cars is welcome to join us, there will be four of us in a corner somewhere chewing the cud.
Calvin