Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Feb 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3024805)   #501
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/henri-...;one_6212.html
A lot of interesting details!

Among others a possible hybrid system in the Pescarolo 03.
Old 12 Feb 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3024810)   #502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
very interesting about the possibility of a Hyrid but there was also a comment about where swome of his funding is coming from
"Of course, and this is already happening. This was part of the contract that I had with the General Council of Sarthe at the launch of Team Pescarolo for which I was supported financially."
Old 15 Feb 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3026151)   #503
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Good Ol Henry , yet pulls another rabbit from a tall hat ..... brilliant
Old 15 Feb 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3026174)   #504
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Good Ol Henry , yet pulls another rabbit from a tall hat ..... brilliant
There seems to be no bottom in his hat - and when it finally seems to be, someone else pulls something out for him (and not meant to be misunderstood! - i mean you Badger!)

Last edited by CTD; 15 Feb 2012 at 15:20. Reason: Editting to avoid misunderstandings
Old 15 Feb 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3026180)   #505
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There seems to be no bottom in his hat - and wen it finally seems to be, someone else pulls it for him
Excuse me !!!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3026181)   #506
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Excuse me !!!
Oh c'mon, those misunderstandings is reserved for the 24hour race chats
Old 15 Feb 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3026248)   #507
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah , I just couldnt resist the comment
Old 16 Feb 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3026772)   #508
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...4-DSCF4294.JPG

Since that's a Judd V8 in the back, it's probably safe to assume that this is the AMR-One tub already painted up in Pescarolo colours... (EDIT: On second thought, maybe not?) (EDIT: On third thought, definitely not, wrong rollhoops)
Old 16 Feb 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3026844)   #509
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xoq...lo-sport_sport

Pesca do with Dome Spa and Le Mans, right? I do not speak french. So I put it together, somehow. :-)
Old 17 Feb 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3026869)   #510
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...4-DSCF4294.JPG

Since that's a Judd V8 in the back, it's probably safe to assume that this is the AMR-One tub already painted up in Pescarolo colours... (EDIT: On second thought, maybe not?) (EDIT: On third thought, definitely not, wrong rollhoops)
The front end seems way too low. Doesn't look like the AMR-One tub at all.
This however...
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...4-DSCF4307.JPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubak View Post
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xoq...lo-sport_sport

Pesca do with Dome Spa and Le Mans, right? I do not speak french. So I put it together, somehow. :-)
Correct.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 17 Feb 2012 at 00:59.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3026928)   #511
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"we will return to the basic colors of the team"
Im hoping for something like this - I think its a beautiful livery
http://sportscargeek.files.wordpress...agys_62138.jpg

also H.P. said that the 03 will be be different from the pesca 01 and the amr one, it will be a brand new design. Cant wait to see it. The new p1 hpd looked so weird, so this new lmp1 car better look bloody awesome
Old 17 Feb 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3026999)   #512
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post

also H.P. said that the 03 will be be different from the pesca 01 and the amr one, it will be a brand new design. Cant wait to see it. The new p1 hpd looked so weird, so this new lmp1 car better look bloody awesome
I'm thinking (hoping) this:
http://www.carsbase.com/photo/Pescar..._pic_36312.jpg
With the same emblem on the front in a few years .

But i seemed to pick up in the E-I article that they will race the Judd 5liter (5.5 V10) at Sebring!?
Old 17 Feb 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3027001)   #513
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots more Dome piccys here on EI after delivery from Japan I guess, 3 pages worth, looke like Bourdais and Minassian on christmas day unwrapping presents, will be great to see the DOme run again, but looks like there is plenty of work to be done building the car up and adapting to the shorter Judd V8 engine, but I'm sure this is all on CAD screens at the moment, dare I say in manufacture......

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=934&np=1
Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3027009)   #514
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have read in a couple of places that they have a dispensation to run the old Pesca one last time, at Sebring, with the V10. All teams said yes, which is kind of nice...
After that, it's the new car with the Judd V8.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3027014)   #515
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I have read in a couple of places that they have a dispensation to run the old Pesca one last time, at Sebring, with the V10. All teams said yes, which is kind of nice...
After that, it's the new car with the Judd V8.
Thats nice! - i wonder how it will perform .

Interesting to see a AMR-One fender at the Pescarolo workshop.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3027022)   #516
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a curiosity the Dome S102 in 2008 ad a 358 km/h top speed, by far one of the highest in recent year´s. With the introduction of a V8 instead of the V10 from 2008, the new S102.5 could match that speed???
Changes in aerodynamics, help them to be the fastest car and get the pole position???
Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3027026)   #517
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Just a curiosity the Dome S102 in 2008 ad a 358 km/h top speed, by far one of the highest in recent year´s. With the introduction of a V8 instead of the V10 from 2008, the new S102.5 could match that speed???
Changes in aerodynamics, help them to be the fastest car and get the pole position???
hmm......one for mike me thinks........from an engine perspective the 5.5 Judd V10 engine that they used for that was pushing about 670bhp if I remember correctly........the new 3.4 V8 will be about 550bhp.......which is an 18% reduction in power........so that would need to be quite some aero improvement to achieve that kind of top speed again!!!.......but for sure I expect it to be quick
Old 17 Feb 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3027050)   #518
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Domes have always been fast in a straight line. Jan Lammers used to breeze past Audi R8s on the Mulsanne Straight - then the Audis would breeze back past when they got to a corner again.

I'd be surprised if the Dome is not the fastest car through the speed traps. I'd be equally surprised though if this car kept up with the manufacturers. I don't think it will be as quick as the R18 through the Porsche Curves - high speed corners almost become straight lines for cars as aerodynamically sophisticated as the R18.

In terms of pole positions - a pole position in 'best of the rest' wouldn't be beyond this car, I wouldn't have thought.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3027058)   #519
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
A '96 and '97 actually just sprung to my mind .
A lot of things are the same:
-An old modified, but always very capable chassis.
-An experianced team running it.
-Up against a "parent" manufacture (Toyota->Dome, and Porsche->Twr)(Manufacture vs. contractor)
-Quick drivers.

But unlike '96 '97, there isn't any real advantages for the Dome over the Toyota and Audi, so the chance of victory is <10%. So it's only a funny thought
Old 17 Feb 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3027072)   #520
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
in 2011 top speeds were almost 10km/h slower than 2010 and previous ones, so is unprobable to reach again those insanely speed.
However if a particular set-up is used (lowest aero possible, most fuel iniection possible etc...) is pretty easy to reach 335-340km/h i guess, even if this means to run 10 seconds off the pace in the laptime.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3027104)   #521
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
The Pesca's have always had some of the prettiest liveries in my opinion, so whatever scheme they come up with will look great to me!

I wonder if they will use the same livery on the grandfathered car at Sebring as they will on the 03 the rest of the WEC?

Also, I'm guessing the Dome will stay white on the request of Dome.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3027111)   #522
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Also, I'm guessing the Dome will stay white on the request of Dome.
It will be white but with a hint of Pescarolo (i.e. the Pescarolo Team sponsors and some of Henri's pea green).

And I agree with knighty, Bourdais and Minassian seemed to look really excited when seeing the Dome chassis for the first time.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3027118)   #523
The Badger
Veteran

Hope it has Pescarolo green wheels . When it last reced at LM , it had yellow wheels and that looked cool .
Old 18 Feb 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3027391)   #524
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's another possibility http://t.co/asywWMMB I found on E-I's twitter page
Old 18 Feb 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3027393)   #525
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatosis View Post
Here's another possibility http://t.co/asywWMMB I found on E-I's twitter page
Isn't that just an AMR-One with a new paint job? Let's hope Henri is a little more ambitious! I don't think Henri will be running the world's fastest refrigerator even if the tub is the same.