Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 May 2008, 01:21 (Ref:2208722)   #1
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FG Falcon Supercar Sneak Peak

Hope this hasn't been posted yet

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-11088,00.html

Old 22 May 2008, 01:53 (Ref:2208734)   #2
bahodie
Racer

Australia
Dreamworld
bahodie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wowsers, its blue!
Old 22 May 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2208743)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
OMG!! It has XR headlights!!!!!
Old 22 May 2008, 04:55 (Ref:2208768)   #4
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I suspect, because of Blueprint, it will be like the Holden - bearing no real resemblance to the road car.

May as well just change the name to AUSCAR now ... hang on, Bob might still own that
Old 22 May 2008, 05:06 (Ref:2208771)   #5
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
I suspect, because of Blueprint, it will be like the Holden - bearing no real resemblance to the road car.

May as well just change the name to AUSCAR now ... hang on, Bob might still own that
I would quite imagine that he will.

Are they going to cut a chunk out of the car to conform to Blueprint like Holden did? In order to keep parity with the cars that no longer rn in the championship (VT-Z & AU-BF)? makes the cars even more removed, with only the badge being the common part to the road car, like deeks has said.

Mick
Old 22 May 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2208784)   #6
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like a split windscreen just like the FX
Old 22 May 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2208786)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT
looks like a split windscreen just like the FX
Looks to me like the windscreen hasn't been fitted yet. It's one of the last things to go in when building a car from scratch, less chance of it getting broken and easier access to internal componentry.
Old 22 May 2008, 06:38 (Ref:2208788)   #8
Silver GT
Racer

Quote:

I was thinking along similar lines....

My thought was V8 Aussie Racers........in a couple of years thats all they will be. Fireglass Bodies on tubed framing using outdated mechainicals.

That knucklehead Cattach is so far from reality with his comments about the sports roots. ( contained in the article in Auto Action)

He realy needs to get his head out of his arse and walk around the general admission carpark and get with the spectatators rather than hanging around the pits and corporate Boxes.

I was under the impression the series started with good old Ford V Holden rivalry.

These guys are wondering why they cant get sponsorship....maybe its because the sport is moving away from the cars people can Identify with.....since when has a Ford had a 5 ltr V8.

If someone was to push production racing a bit more I think they'd be on a winner.

Last edited by Silver GT; 22 May 2008 at 06:40.
Old 22 May 2008, 06:41 (Ref:2208793)   #9
Silver GT
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Looks to me like the windscreen hasn't been fitted yet. It's one of the last things to go in when building a car from scratch, less chance of it getting broken and easier access to internal componentry.

it was a joke Joyce...............has everyone lost their sense of humour around here
Old 22 May 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2208801)   #10
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was under the impression the series started with good old Ford V Holden rivalry.
I was under the impression it started when a Jap car dominated the ATCC, and the rules were changed to promote a jingoistic two make category, but hey, either way gets you to the same point.
I do agree with a number of your other points, such as the production car route.

Mick

Last edited by bludvl_x19; 22 May 2008 at 06:53.
Old 22 May 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2208877)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The name "V8 Supercar" doesn't suggest that it has anything in common with the road cars, so why change the name?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 May 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2209664)   #12
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He realy needs to get his head out of his arse and walk around the general admission carpark and get with the spectatators rather than hanging around the pits and corporate Boxes

Come on Silver, he looks better with the cranial anal insertion.

But seriously, the corporate people should complain about the way they’re treated at most sporting events. They pay large amounts of money for the privilege and subsidise the entry fee for the knuckle dragging general admission type of fan.

Footy, cricket, motor racing, whatever the sport, remove the corporate element and watch the GA crowd whinge when entry prices double.

The toothless, great-coated, tattooed, beer swilling, knuckle dragging, bogan general admission type might not like the taste of Chardonnay but they could at least say thanks to the Corps for keeping the GA prices down enough so they don’t have to sell both kidneys for a weekend of motor sport.
Old 23 May 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2210104)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think you might be dreaming a bit MPA, might head down to my local race track today as a spectator, there will be no corporates but there will be no entrance fee either.

Corporates have pushed the price up for the average fan. corporates mean more sponsorship but as result the series charges the track more which means higher entry costs for the paying fan.

"The toothless, great-coated, tattooed, beer swilling, knuckle dragging, bogan general admission type " well that covers the holden fans, what about us ford fans though
Old 24 May 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2210117)   #14
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:

If someone was to push production racing a bit more I think they'd be on a winner.
This is getting closer and closer, I reckon ... all it needs is for one of Ford or Holden to blink and it will happen.

Imagine if ... Ford pulled out of V8 Dinosaurs and put 2 FPVs, 2 blown 6s and a couple of Focuses and Mondeos into the Prod series with all their A Grade drivers ... they blitz the first round they are in, splash it all over the media "You can buy one of these blah blah"

What do you think the General would do? (Its a rhetorical question, we all know the answer).

If they anyone with some marketing smarts, they would have all this planned and ready to go.
Old 24 May 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2210118)   #15
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i
"The toothless, great-coated, tattooed, beer swilling, knuckle dragging, bogan general admission type " well that covers the holden fans, what about us ford fans though
You are cruel ... I saw one with teeth once
Old 24 May 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2210127)   #16
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

These guys are wondering why they cant get sponsorship....maybe its because the sport is moving away from the cars people can Identify with.....since when has a Ford had a 5 ltr V8.

I don't.

NASCAR and Formula 1 are some of the most popular motorsport varities in the world and they have very little to do with road cars. Unlike most of the people on this board, I doubt the general public knows or cares about the difference between a V8 supercar and a road going car. They do know the difference between boring/exciting sport and cheap/expensive entertainment though.

The demands of a good race car and road car are far enough apart that production racing has become hard. A manufacturer would (reasonably) much rather make a car that has good nvh, comfort and an engine suitable for street driving rather than make cars designed for racing. You can get away with production motorcycle racing because people in the market for a sports bike will put up with something that makes it's power at high rpm and has race ergonomics.
Old 24 May 2008, 01:27 (Ref:2210131)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Corporates have pushed the price up for the average fan. corporates mean more sponsorship but as result the series charges the track more which means higher entry costs for the paying fan.
I've mentioned this before, but having traveled the world to different races and many all over the USA, I think Australians get a pretty good deal for what is on offer for a V8 Supercar weekend, entry costs/tickets et al.
Old 24 May 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2210160)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
mountainstar, im not entirely disagreeing with you, but have you tried taken your wife and your fifteen and thirteen year ol to the track for the weekend. you can spend nearly a weeks pay to do it.
Old 24 May 2008, 05:30 (Ref:2210171)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You are cruel ... I saw one with teeth once
But with respect, those teeth were a family heirloom and shared between the entire family.
Old 24 May 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2210812)   #20
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is getting closer and closer, I reckon ... all it needs is for one of Ford or Holden to blink and it will happen.

Imagine if ... Ford pulled out of V8 Dinosaurs and put 2 FPVs, 2 blown 6s and a couple of Focuses and Mondeos into the Prod series with all their A Grade drivers ... they blitz the first round they are in, splash it all over the media "You can buy one of these blah blah"

What do you think the General would do? (Its a rhetorical question, we all know the answer).

If they anyone with some marketing smarts, they would have all this planned and ready to go.
Oh how so close to the mark you are!

Cochrane would have to "take an aspirin and a lie down"

His parties feeding his current cash cow would wander off to another group!

And I have a feeling it's not too far off because of the media and Wall Street generated economic pressures on the bleeding "Joe Public" to forsake the big 6s and 8s and to downsize to smaller cars that use less petrol than those "big thirsty 6s and V8s". So the racing screamers are not far off from being resurrected again.

Mike
Old 25 May 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2210974)   #21
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau

And I have a feeling it's not too far off because of the media and Wall Street generated economic pressures on the bleeding "Joe Public" to forsake the big 6s and 8s and to downsize to smaller cars that use less petrol than those "big thirsty 6s and V8s". So the racing screamers are not far off from being resurrected again.

Mike
According to todays paper FPV have an FG GTHO planned. It could be ideal for GTP.
Old 25 May 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2210978)   #22
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
i think you might be dreaming a bit MPA, might head down to my local race track today as a spectator, there will be no corporates but there will be no entrance fee either.
Would that be one of those, stuck in the 60's club level events?

I'll stick by my remark that Corporates are keeping the GA prices down for now.

Face it, Corps get as much beer as they can drink. (about 6 will see most of them legless) A hot lunch, worth about $20.00 at the local Legues Club, a cheap hat, program and the pay zillions to sit in a canvas tent and if they don't show up on the day, there's no refund.

The money made from corps, in my opinion keeps GA prices down.

But I'm hearing you loud and clear about GA family prices etc to enjoy a day trackside. But I can't see the link between getting an event or series sponsor pouring a bucket load of cash into the sport and an increase in ticket pricing.
Old 25 May 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2211071)   #23
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen the fg road car and the race car now and as a FORD fan - Hate both.

FG obviuosly stands for F#$%^G Grose
Old 25 May 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2211107)   #24
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
What is pleasing to read is the proposed savings of 500K per car.

Let's see if the panel of experts can make it happen.
Old 25 May 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2211513)   #25
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau

Mike
Over here in the states, Joe Six Pack has made the move towards smaller cars but still wants the V8's in Nascar.