Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 May 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3068331)   #2326
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Nice press release, but they aren't actually on the entry list yet.
Nor is Dempsey but that doesn't mean a thing
Old 2 May 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3068347)   #2327
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Nor is Dempsey but that doesn't mean a thing
I'd suggest not being on the entry list does mean something.
Old 2 May 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3068364)   #2328
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's more than a week left 'til the first practice... IMSA isn't so picky about entry submit deadlines
Old 2 May 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3068374)   #2329
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dysonracing.com/company/n...p?news_id=1196

Dyson have just tested Dillon Battistini. Could this be for a ride in the rumored third Dyson entry?
Old 2 May 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3068381)   #2330
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
There's more than a week left 'til the first practice... IMSA isn't so picky about entry submit deadlines

John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
Black Swan Lola-Honda not listed (perhaps too much bodywork damage from LB?) & no sign of Libra yet. But I expect Dempsey to join in. #ALMS

John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
@specutainment yep and we've seen that in both classes this year already. Looks like 4, maybe 5 at most P2s if everything falls in place

John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
@grubesmyleader @specutainment there won't be a 6th P2 entry for Monterey. Up to 5 possible.

Of course teams "could" still enter. Dagys believes Dempsey will show.. assuming they can get the car done to the degree they need to. He isn't sure if Black Swan's car will run but it might... and at that, it seems like he doesn't expect to see Libra at all.

The bottom line is, none of them have entries as of yet and until that might change, they aren't entered.
Old 2 May 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3068395)   #2331
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's wait untill the 1st practise session starts.

Black Swan was never listed on the Sebring Entry List.
Old 2 May 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3068398)   #2332
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tom Kimber-Smith joins CORE Autosport for Laguna:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-for-monterey/

Could be a decent shout for the overall podium.
Old 2 May 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3068406)   #2333
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
Black Swan Lola-Honda not listed (perhaps too much bodywork damage from LB?) & no sign of Libra yet. But I expect Dempsey to join in. #ALMS

John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
@specutainment yep and we've seen that in both classes this year already. Looks like 4, maybe 5 at most P2s if everything falls in place

John Dagys ‏ @johndagys
@grubesmyleader @specutainment there won't be a 6th P2 entry for Monterey. Up to 5 possible.

Of course teams "could" still enter. Dagys believes Dempsey will show.. assuming they can get the car done to the degree they need to. He isn't sure if Black Swan's car will run but it might... and at that, it seems like he doesn't expect to see Libra at all.

The bottom line is, none of them have entries as of yet and until that might change, they aren't entered.
Pappas was king of a king in GTC. I wonder if LMP2 isn't stroking his ego the way he thought it would. Perhaps that's the 54 car is missing?

Chris
Old 2 May 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3068433)   #2334
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Pappas was king of a king in GTC
Or rather, his co-pilots were
Old 2 May 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3068442)   #2335
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Or rather, his co-pilots were
Jeroen certainly did the heavy lifting, but compared to the the rest of the class Tim has two more class championships.

LMP2 has been a baptism of fire. More room to tweak on the cars, facing stiff competition from an ex-Champ Car and IndyCar team and the juggernaut that is Level 5. A load of drivers and engineers that have more experience with fast downforce cars. Don't know if Tim is the type to take his ball and go home if he feels he can't win.

Chris
Old 2 May 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3068448)   #2336
Deleted
Veteran

Black Swan could've continued in the old porsche cup class or done LMPC if they wanted to have slightly easier ride... which I don't think is the case. But of course, if Le Mans is ever on their sight then the ACO classes are the only way to go. As ALMS GT is far too competitive [for privateers that desire continuous success], that leaves P1 and P2 and a small matter of budget size
Old 2 May 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3068454)   #2337
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Don't know if Tim is the type to take his ball and go home if he feels he can't win.
[COUGH]2010 Porsche RSR[/COUGH]

HHaving said that, much respect to him for giving it a go - I suspect he's enjoying it nonetheless and it's probably more of an issue with the team getting to grips with the car. Hope it's not the case, but I fear what might happen if Libra don't successfully conclude their search for the much-publicised "third driver for enduros".
Old 2 May 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3068467)   #2338
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Black Swan could've continued in the old porsche cup class or done LMPC if they wanted to have slightly easier ride... which I don't think is the case. But of course, if Le Mans is ever on their sight then the ACO classes are the only way to go. As ALMS GT is far too competitive [for privateers that desire continuous success], that leaves P1 and P2 and a small matter of budget size
Say, will IMSA just drop the P1 class and move those existing teams to the P2 class and expand? I mean, the ELMS already focusing on the P2 class down to the GTC class... If IMSA can't alleviate the prototype class, I think they need to change the series title to IMSA GT Championship.
Old 2 May 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3068485)   #2339
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
was that a reference to me???.....if so I would like to point out that I am not involved within the Libra project in any way, yes I occasionally exchange e-mails with Ian and I consulted in the V10 diesel engine days but thats it......anyway, no beef from my side!......personally I too dont get my hopes up every time a Libra announcement is made because there have been so many!!!.......anyway this latest announcememt does look to have a little bit more weight behind it, I wonder if the scrutineers will take a dim view of the lack of holes above the wheels???......certainly the fin is a step in the right direction.......I guess once they get listed on the Leguna Seca entry list it will take another step closer.
No , it wasnt a referance to you . Some bloke popped in last week and said we were being way too harsh on Libra . So relax . Possibily Fogelhund remembers exactly what thread he was on .
Old 2 May 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3068505)   #2340
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
No blackswan due to damage at previous round. Per @tonydizinno
Old 2 May 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3068506)   #2341
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
was that a reference to me???.....if so I would like to point out that I am not involved within the Libra project in any way, yes I occasionally exchange e-mails with Ian and I consulted in the V10 diesel engine days but thats it......anyway, no beef from my side!......personally I too dont get my hopes up every time a Libra announcement is made because there have been so many!!!.......anyway this latest announcememt does look to have a little bit more weight behind it, I wonder if the scrutineers will take a dim view of the lack of holes above the wheels???......certainly the fin is a step in the right direction.......I guess once they get listed on the Leguna Seca entry list it will take another step closer.
See this post. It is apparently from Rusty, can't remember his last name, the second driver.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=21
Old 2 May 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3068533)   #2342
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Will the Evora be at Laguna?
Old 2 May 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3068545)   #2343
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Will it have the new engine ?
Old 3 May 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3068555)   #2344
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
It is on the entry list.
Old 3 May 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3068575)   #2345
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the rumours for events the Vantage will be at the rest of this season? I am disappointed that I won't get to see the Viper at Mosport in person, and am hoping that the Vantage will be there.
Old 3 May 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3068691)   #2346
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
What are the rumours for events the Vantage will be at the rest of this season? I am disappointed that I won't get to see the Viper at Mosport in person, and am hoping that the Vantage will be there.
I don't think the Vantage will make Mosport, but I think the Viper's will.
Old 3 May 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3068697)   #2347
Deleted
Veteran

You do? Based on what evidence?
Old 3 May 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3068767)   #2348
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He said "I think".
Old 3 May 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3068848)   #2349
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppie View Post
I don't understand all the negative comments aimed at GT3 being introduced to ALMS/ELMS. I just see it as the GTC class evolving into something more competitive with a wider range of cars to choose from and most importantly from the fans point of view something far more exciting to watch.
What I'm worried about si that the GT field get spilt in two classes for no reason. Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, Aston Martin, etc should race together. If GT3 enters ALMS or WEC, then the class should replace GTE.

GT3 sounds like a terrible name for a class when there's no GT1 or GT2. How about renaming it to GTO?
Old 3 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3068855)   #2350
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Considering how much of a failure Lotus' motorpsort operations have been, I seriously doubted that.