Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Mar 2004, 16:53 (Ref:925424)   #26
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by blue nose
This class Idea made a mess of the Nw racing in 2001 in my own opinion there is nothing wrong with class A+B so why was it changed!
Yes Alan, but you won your Post89 class that year. Without that class, Guarin Simpson would have been Post86 winner, not just Pre90 class winner.

This discussion will be ongoing.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 18:01 (Ref:925484)   #27
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz if you total it up again you are still wrong I would have won by 11 points. I would like it to be still A+B as it has worked for years.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 21:03 (Ref:925645)   #28
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Don't forget bluey that Pre89 had less points on offer than Post89 in 2001.
Remember that, as an exercise, I did the Pre89 points for you working on the Post 89 scoring system and Simpson scored 118 to your 111. That is just on the class points differential. When I scored it as one class, you were even further behind.

So fellow Scouser, I'm afraid to say that you are wrong.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 23:18 (Ref:925780)   #29
blue nose
Veteran

Diz your abacus is still playing up on you Stu has been through it all again and we dont know how you dreamed that up.Me and Guarin worked it out in 2001 and I was ahead but go on and rant away if you like.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 23:26 (Ref:925783)   #30
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boys Boys......what with all these Scousers at each other, it's like a Wayne Rooney's girls 18th party all over again.

You'll be bringing out Uncle Kn@bhead next.......
Old 1 Apr 2004, 06:17 (Ref:925999)   #31
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does't this inane argument prove a point - classes in FF dont work, Alan could argue that in certain races he didnt need to win overall so held back,he won his class working to the terrible points/class system dreamt up that season.
The same will happen this season, to an outsider class A will be the premier class to win but i doubt if that class winner is the overall winner - real problem is too many little interfering twits changing things when they dont understand FF, best FF of 2003- walter hayes, simple and run to a bring wot u got format.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 06:46 (Ref:926012)   #32
blue nose
Veteran

I agrea Dave keep it simple is the best.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:24 (Ref:926037)   #33
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by dhart
Does't this inane argument prove a point - classes in FF dont work, ..............., best FF of 2003- walter hayes, simple and run to a bring wot u got format.
WH = 4 classes = 4 class winners, so what difference between 4 and 5 classes Dave?

Like you, I believe FF1600 should be one class only, but times and attitudes change - unfortunately.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:33 (Ref:926041)   #34
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
- real problem is too many little interfering twits changing things when they dont understand FF, best FF of 2003- walter hayes, simple and run to a bring wot u got format.
So who decided on all of this?? Who was on the "panel" can we have a list of names please? Not Bashing it, but I do think it seems unecessary. There is a definite difference between a pre and post 89. Apart from 10+ years but there is little difference between a converted zetec and a pre 97 so why bother? I agree with all that Darcym said.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:58 (Ref:926061)   #35
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could just try to win outright then you dont have to worry about class wins etc. if your 4th then its 4th and why would anyone who finished 15th want a winners trophy?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 10:19 (Ref:926167)   #36
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With ff1600 are classes that relevant anyway?
The Walter Hayes trophy race seemed to see a mixture of different classes competing relatively equally, though the weather could've been a contriubutory factor in that instance.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:25 (Ref:926326)   #37
dhart
Racer

Diz , yea the walter hayes does have classes but there was no doubt who won it! ... no probs with class winners geting a cup but the overall winner is the winner.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 13:29 (Ref:926332)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Precisely Dave. Same in regional FF1600 this year - to win the championship, you have to be running at the front regardless of what class you're in.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 14:02 (Ref:926373)   #39
dhart
Racer

so whoever scores the most points overall is the champion whatever class they are in?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 15:54 (Ref:926488)   #40
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes...
Old 1 Apr 2004, 21:37 (Ref:926828)   #41
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sticking in my corner on this one I'm afraid Ian, but I do take the point your saying.

we have to let it run the season and see how it pans out but as Mattray suggested it would be nice to know the full pannel of decision makers to perhaps put our views across if they are still the same at the end of the season. Combe in 2002/2003 was stunning racing and it was pretty obivous who did want and deserved what, but watching from the bank and listening to comments on Saturday people just didn't get it, and in part neither did I as I lost count of who was in what class, and what class / overall position, and I was a bit put out when a class C (pre89) regluar was doing really well and didn't get a mention because some guy who won class d (the only car out there) was getting plaudits for turning up desipite finishing around 19th
Old 1 Apr 2004, 21:39 (Ref:926829)   #42
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also - very glad this thread is being taken as a discussion and people did not start bashing, they just took it at critisism and views.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 22:12 (Ref:926852)   #43
Ian Sowman
Veteran

This is an example of a scenario where a drivers' association would be beneficial, to put across these points professionally and firmly. Although I don't have any objections to the 'new' system, I'd be happy for others to be given a go. Maybe, Matt, you should be looking to get together with some other people, come up with some proposals, and put them to the people that matter for 2005. Can't do anything about 2004 now - other than, as I said before, having a word with the local media and commentators suggesting they 'present' the class system in a different way...
Old 1 Apr 2004, 22:15 (Ref:926854)   #44
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
- real problem is too many little interfering twits changing things when they dont understand FF, best FF of 2003- walter hayes, simple and run to a bring wot u got format.
Quote:
Originally posted by mattray
So who decided on all of this?? Who was on the "panel" can we have a list of names please? Not Bashing it, but I do think it seems unecessary. There is a definite difference between a pre and post 89. Apart from 10+ years but there is little difference between a converted zetec and a pre 97 so why bother? I agree with all that Darcym said.
Happy to name names

Home > Discussion Forum > Single Seater Racing > Other Single Seaters > 2004 BRSCC FF1600 Championship

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Who were these leading lights and what qualifies them to judge/decide/contribute please?
Quote:
Ian Smith is the NW brscc champioship co ordinator
Barry Ashman is the midland co ordinator
John Adlam is a respected team owner
Don Hardman ditto
Peter Daly is the midland drivers rep and series sponsor
Mike waite is the NW drivers rep
Gavin wills is an experienced driver and team owner
ED Moore an experienced driver with commercial motorsport interests
The main RACMSA Scrut (whose name escapes me) and a rep of the ford motor co - hardly self appointed ,from all sides of the debate all respected and not one wearing a mask or claiming to be Lord Lucan - anyone missing?
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
Also present :-
Bob Bassett was the scrute, Pete Alexander from the SFFC, Alan Cornock and the bloke from Auriga engines [I think called Martin Spence], John Ward when his running the meeting duties were over, Grant Stewart popped in and out, I think the Ford bloke was John Griffiths [don't quote me on that], Roger from Avon Tyres, plus those mentioned earlier, although Barry Ashman had a prior engagement and Jim McGregor the SFFC co-ordinator was ill.

Oh, and Steve Burns was there.

The only notable absentee was veteran driver / pain in the arse, Chris Miller, whoever he is. Any idea who he is JR??????
Sorry John, I had the wrong first name. Blame Dawkins
Old 1 Apr 2004, 22:37 (Ref:926866)   #45
dhart
Racer

Diz, the people listed above are not the interfering twits, these people salvaged what was left, after atempts where made to re invent FF with weight limits, alloy parts, etc etc .Without the input of these people it would have been far worse - darcym doesnt want this to turn into a bash,but it is hard to work out the reasons for wanting to change so many things at once without questioning the organisers intentions.
If you remember even championship co ordinators doing a fine job where kept in the dark, maybe someone knew that they wouldnt be needed in the future?