Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:29 (Ref:546107)   #26
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
I remember Donington Doris being stranded in the middle of the Old Hairpin at the BTCC meeting. I understand that an extinguisher falling over in the boot took out the kill switch, stopping the engine and trapping the crew inside.
I was always let to believe that it was little Jeremy's sandwich box that caused the problem!
Old 24 Mar 2003, 15:36 (Ref:546484)   #27
cameratart
Rookie

cameratart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I looked up I saw the Rescue Unit facing the wrong way in the middle of the track .............

Wrong - it actually made it into the pit lane and we had a VERY close look at the Armco barrier!!!!!!!!
Old 24 Mar 2003, 16:11 (Ref:546520)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to Ten-Tenths cameratart
Old 28 Mar 2003, 10:38 (Ref:550886)   #29
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assisde from the roundy roundy stuff, I do a bit of rallying. One of the funniest / most embarassing incidents I've ever seen was on the Astra Stages 2 years ago. Remember most people hadn't been out for six months due to F&M. So off I set through Clocaenog in the pouring rain towards the finish, as I got to the last bend I turned in and thought oh sh*t, as I realised the corner was much tighter than it appeared & the big ditch was pulling me in, a stand on the abs & loads of luck just kept me out but woke up the flying finish crew as I shot past in a shower of stones. Fast forward, one of the offical vehicles is comming towards us and I'm thinking he needs to slow down for that last bend, you've guessed it into the ditch, luckilly being a loverly brand new Land Rover disco a bit right bootfulll gets him out, albeit with a great crese down the side where he bounced off a tree stump, strangely we didn't see them again in the afternoon. Now we're thinking this could be interesting when spec control arrives at the last bend - travelling about three time the speed of anyone else so far with his siren & lights going, straight on into the ditch. And ther he spent the rest of the day, just to show how friendly rallying people are, a few competitors joined him for a chat.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 10:41 (Ref:550889)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to Ten-Tenths Garry.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:56 (Ref:553741)   #31
Grahambangers
Rookie

Grahambangers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember not too many years ago (easter monday after the GP), when the touring cars were at Donington when one of the pace cars alarms went off on the front of the grid..then it wouldn't go, then it started then it stopped and then after much pushing...it came back out later for another race (possibly TOCA) and pretty much did it all again....
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:54 (Ref:561346)   #32
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that is CLASS!
Old 8 Apr 2003, 13:00 (Ref:562758)   #33
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Moxey
Now that is CLASS!
Welcome aboard Moxey nice to see you here dude! Where were you at the weekend? Didn`t see you at Loton...I expect a note from the doctor or your mum!!!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 10:05 (Ref:563736)   #34
robert77
Racer

England
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now listen here Tatler! There's no need for surprises like that. I was actually unavoidably detained as it goes (at Rockingham, collecting Caterham parts). Just because you've jump ship to the dark side at Prescott don't mean you can jump out on me like that matey boy.
Apart from that How are ya?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 10:19 (Ref:563748)   #35
robert77
Racer

England
Actually I did have an embaressing moment at Prescott last year. There were a few of us marshals having a wonder around the paddock on the Saturday evening of one meeting there. We had been to chat to GWJr and on departing from his truck i decided to fall flat on my face in a vian attempt to look clever. Hence the grased knees and hands that followed. LOL
Old 17 Apr 2003, 20:45 (Ref:572478)   #36
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is I am sure not what was intended - but for the benefit and entertainment of any marshalls who may be pulling me from the car / gravel.....

Stacy
Attached Thumbnails
stacy-ill.jpg  
Old 18 Apr 2003, 08:25 (Ref:572883)   #37
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stacy, with your frank attitude to your style of driving and lack of inhibition as shown above...you are a ready made marshal just waiting to happen. Did you ever get your hands on the photographer ?
Old 18 Apr 2003, 09:55 (Ref:572950)   #38
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Stacy, with your frank attitude to your style of driving and lack of inhibition as shown above...you are a ready made marshal just waiting to happen. Did you ever get your hands on the photographer ?
I have a feeling you're right.. As for the photographer, yes I did, but unfortunately shortly after that was taken I fell unconcious(sp) and spent many hours on the floor of the rather cheap hotel. The image is the tail end of a bender of some magnitude!

Stacy