Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3164978)   #801
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
U.S.A. GP... looking forward to it... 8 days away!

SO relieved right now... I was diagnosed with bronchitis 3 days ago and I just found out it is acute, which means it will only last around another 4-5 days. I was so concerned I wasn't going to be able to go to the race. I've been completely mute for the last 3 days.

It's gonna be one heck of an event... hoping many of you will be there.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3164979)   #802
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
U.S.A. GP... looking forward to it... 8 days away!

SO relieved right now... I was diagnosed with bronchitis 3 days ago and I just found out it is acute, which means it will only last around another 4-5 days. I was so concerned I wasn't going to be able to go to the race. I've been completely mute for the last 3 days.

It's gonna be one heck of an event... hoping many of you will be there.
You must scream silently inside your head to protect your vocal chords..

Have a fantastic time in Austin...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3164984)   #803
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
We could have rain on Saturday...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/aus...t/351193?day=6
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3165003)   #804
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I won't say what I like because there will be people screaming all around...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3165007)   #805
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I won't say what I like because there will be people screaming all around...
We cant please anyone anyway..
Old 11 Nov 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3165036)   #806
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Also nice to see that it's not going to be a million degrees Fahrenheit.

At least the tarmac is unlikely to melt.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3165041)   #807
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully it won't be texas summer, right Jeremy ?
Old 11 Nov 2012, 01:38 (Ref:3165044)   #808
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Hopefully it won't be texas summer, right Jeremy ?
No I promise the weather will be lovely if it's anything like today that is, a little windy but perfect temp....

We have had some serious F16 fighter jet formation flying over Austin yesterday and today, they are just wonderful to listen to and watch...
Old 11 Nov 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3165312)   #809
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday's Statesman reviews the story of how Tavo Hellmund's dream finally came to fruition (too bad someone else owns his dream though).

Though I am still skeptical about the wisdom of hosting the USGP in Elroy, Texas, race week is here and now is not the time to continue to debate the issue.

For the sake of the fans who are spending a lot of money on the race, I sincerely hope that the inaugural event is a success. I hope the weather is good, the transportation system works and that the fans enjoy the race and all the events surrounding it. Good luck to everyone involved.

Against all odds, F1 track has been built, ready to host race
Posted: 4:07 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012
By John Maher
American-Statesman Staff

This week, Austin joins 19 other cities such as Monaco, Shanghai and Sao Paulo on the exclusive, glamorous international stage of Formula One racing.

Just southeast of the city, on a tract of land that was home to rabbits and rattlesnakes just 30 months ago, more than a hundred thousand spectators are expected to watch as some of the world’s fastest, most technologically advanced cars scream around a dazzling, new 3.4-mile racing circuit.

The Circuit of The Americas hosts the United States Grand Prix. Gov. Rick Perry said the race and the racing facility are “an opportunity to change Texas forever.”

It’s an improbable project that has drawn skepticism since it was announced in May 2010. Many people said it would never happen. Too ambitious. Too expensive. Too little time. Too unlike Austin.

For almost two years, the project has bumped and lurched through doubts and delays. On at least two occasions, organizers say, the project was a heartbeat away from failure...
Old 12 Nov 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3165339)   #810
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Austin!

Hope you have the great race you deserve!
Old 12 Nov 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3165483)   #811
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

We're all looking for it !
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3165599)   #812
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It appears that COTA will have a hull capacity crowd on Sunday.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ell-out-crowd/

I hope they get a good race as a succesful GP in the USA is needed.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3165605)   #813
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not sure where to put this as I don't think it deserves its own thread.

It appears that FOM is behind a move to create a F1 feeder series in America with a view to getting more drivers reaching F1 from there.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...feeder-series/

I like the idea and there is a possible opening in America for a new single seater series as Indycar is not in the best of health but it will need deep pockets to get a new series started.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3165611)   #814
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

I like the idea and there is a possible opening in America for a new single seater series as Indycar is not in the best of health but it will need deep pockets to get a new series started.
Who's been telling you these lies about Indycar??? EVERYTHING IS FINE!!!!
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3165615)   #815
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

It appears that FOM is behind a move to create a F1 feeder series in America with a view to getting more drivers reaching F1 from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Who's been telling you these lies about Indycar??? EVERYTHING IS FINE!!!!
Interesting !
Old 12 Nov 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3165662)   #816
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

The original thinking behind Formula Atlantic always made good sense to me. It could be possible to make an international claimer engine available. Alternatively make the specs so tight that everyone is forced to run the same thing even if it comes from different manufacturers - better.
It would be great to have a budget formula that could exist worldwide. Formula Ford is great, but held captive by one brand. Same sort of rules formula 1600? Same rules 2.5 litre 4s? ( New thread?)
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3165684)   #817
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It appears that COTA will have a hull capacity crowd on Sunday.
Just how much is it going to rain on Saturday!?
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3165685)   #818
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
None, according to AccuWeather.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3165698)   #819
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
lol
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:33 (Ref:3165725)   #820
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Jeremy, I'm guessing Austin will be at least a bit quicker than Abu Dhabi, because of a lower proportion of slower corners around the lap. The fastest lap set at Abu Dhabi is a 1:38.434 (Q2 in 2011). Admittedly, this is the first year at Austin, but I could certainly imagine a 1:36 or a 1:35 for pole in just over a week.

Yes sir it could be, I was only repeating what I had read in the local paper..
Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3165856)   #821
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
AMP Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving tomorrow morning 09 ish, YHZ to YOW, YOW to ORD, ORD to AUS, hitting the ground @ 19 ish local. Can't wait.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3165859)   #822
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad to see F1 return to the States. Wish it the best success and hoping the track is something worth watching. I'll be watching regardless.

All this talk about sure rain weeks in advance of the actual event makes me wonder if there are some people here who write for the Farmer's Almanac or if COTA have installed the Bernie Weather System in secret; rain off and on throughout the weekend?
Old 14 Nov 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3166356)   #823
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Windsor and Bob Varsha live from Austin, now!
http://smibs.tv/live
Old 14 Nov 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3166359)   #824
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sweet, thanks for the link
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3166431)   #825
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's happening ! After all trouble it's happening, congrats Jeremy !