Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 25 Sep 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1415960)   #1
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Experience Levels

I missed the first race but watching the 2nd now.
First thing i can see is there is far to much difference in the levels of experience!!

Silly errors by 2 teams in the first few laps.. Ill give u 2 guesses which teams..

Austrailia, GB, Brazil etc no problem but all the the countries which are less well known for producing racing drivers are and prob will cause problems for others
Old 25 Sep 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1415966)   #2
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point was just highlighted by a multiple roll from Lebenon into paddock! involving Italy

Very spectacular!!!!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1415978)   #3
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks - was wondering what the safety car was in use for (although worked out the teams that caused it).

Pity the 'live timing' decided to hang the lap the safety car came ut and didn't start again until safety car came off.

Guess I'll have to wait ntil tomorrow until I get to see a tape of the racing (and see why Brazil just passed Australia).
Old 25 Sep 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1415979)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
Guess I'll have to wait ntil tomorrow until I get to see a tape of the racing (and see why Brazil just passed Australia).
The pass happened around the outside of Surtees going onto the GP loop - very bold yet very good manouvre.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1416006)   #5
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Experience: Well you have to start somewhere.

The problem is that this is a new championship and is being run whilst the rest of the motorsport world is still going. Ralph Firman has highlighted that at the moment other series are more important than the A1GP and it will take its time to become recognized as one of the top motorsport series. Whether it can do that is another thing, but running in the winter is the best move they did and i feel that is when the series will really kick off as all driver/team focus will go to the A1 and the teams and drivers will have had more experience and knowledge etc.

It can only get better.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1416058)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think Ralph was not there today because he felt the other series was more important. He simply had a prior commitment, which, quite correctly, he honoured. We may see a different picture when he is free to race at Lausitz.