Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3080075)   #276
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TI24 II was quite entertaining but nothing like the first one. Sequels always have a hard time living up to the hype. But I wouldn't mind seeing a TI24 III.

A general documentary would be very interesting. However, we do have the 'official' race highlights package every year.
A behind the scenes thing would be really nice, especially for those who have never been there.

For example, they could learn a bit from Leo Parente: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHtVQ2lvs2I
Old 27 May 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3080078)   #277
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
No, it wouldn't. Because then we`d end up with 30 PR pieces..

What we need is a large-scale Le Mans documentary made by an independent film maker. Let the manufacturers sponsor it but not influence it.

You just want to have your cake and eat it - the whole cake.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3080079)   #278
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You just want to have your cake and eat it - the whole cake.
And Cookies
Old 27 May 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3080081)   #279
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post

A general documentary would be very interesting. However, we do have the 'official' race highlights package every year.

Bear in mind that, for my money, the 2011 Le Mans review DVD was the best I've seen for many years.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3080083)   #280
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bear in mind that, for my money, the 2011 Le Mans review DVD was the best I've seen for many years.
Because they pulled it out to 4 hrs and 2h30m of it was basically a Radio Le Mans video. Make it solely with RLM commentary and it would be even better.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3080092)   #281
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've never got one of those DVDs. I should probably think about it some day but the shipping to Portugal ****es (ticks hahaha) me off.

I've bought those LM decade history books though (60s and 70s). Great stuff. But nothing like images and sounds to make the brain cells move!
Old 27 May 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3080116)   #282
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really hope Duke sold enough copies of the 2011 race to green-light a similar version of this year's race. It wasn't an 'official review' in the sense that the ACO still released their own sh*t one I believe. The Duke one was really for the fans. I've nearly worn my Blu-ray out!
Old 27 May 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3080124)   #283
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have not seen either the Duke or the official video of last year but I enjoyed the free audi one a lot
Old 27 May 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3080127)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Simon - you really ought to grab a copy of the Duke DVD - it's well worth it.
Old 27 May 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3080131)   #285
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
will have to look it up on amazon tomorrow at work, now I am soon to depart not got much to do except sort out the desk and finances
Old 27 May 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3080132)   #286
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
oh yes also got to arrange drinks with all the people from the last 33 years
Old 27 May 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3080138)   #287
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
A behind the scenes thing would be really nice, especially for those who have never been there.

Like the Rollcentre DVDs from a year or two back?
Old 27 May 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3080155)   #288
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Ok, news for me.

Where can I find the Rollcentre one?

Found the duke stuff on Dukevideo.com
Old 28 May 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3080816)   #289
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know where I can get the full version of Truth In 24 1 from?

Tom.
Old 28 May 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3080829)   #290
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Tom.
I got mine from an Audi Driving Experince Program
Old 28 May 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3080846)   #291
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quite like the debate over what is a documentary - drags me back to old school historiography and the requirement to look at any "document" with a view to our own intertextuality.

We all will look at Truth in 24 II with different eyes, and draw different conclusions from it - but surely the creation of a document that we can assess and use to inform is better than the absence of such a document?

For the record, I really enjoyed Truth in 24 II, in particular the eerie bit around Rockenfeller's accident, but somehow didn't think it quite lived up to the raw emotion of the first film (classic case of sequel-itis?). For all that suspect it might get another watch (or two ) before mid-June...
Old 28 May 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3080849)   #292
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:

Tom.
Alleged to be available free on iTunes or one of the Apple download sites. May not work outside of the US.
Old 29 May 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3080896)   #293
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
Alleged to be available free on iTunes or one of the Apple download sites. May not work outside of the US.
It is on iTunes, can download in 720p (but it's still a restricted MP4 sadly)
Old 29 May 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3080914)   #294
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
For the record, I really enjoyed Truth in 24 II, in particular the eerie bit around Rockenfeller's accident, but somehow didn't think it quite lived up to the raw emotion of the first film (classic case of sequel-itis?). For all that suspect it might get another watch (or two ) before mid-June...
I completely agree it was good but does not match the 1st and also it seems to play out with less suprises even though the real life script of the race could have had people wondering what happens next if you were not a racing fan who knew the outcome.
Old 29 May 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3081029)   #295
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
I have found it on the US iTunes, but can't download it.

Tom.
Old 29 May 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3081051)   #296
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
I have found it on the US iTunes, but can't download it.

Tom.
You need a USA iTunes account, not too difficult if you think about it
Old 29 May 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3081054)   #297
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
You need a USA iTunes account, not too difficult if you think about it
It wants a US Credit Card. Most sites I have read said there should be a 'none' option for payment, but the option isn't there.

Tom.
Old 29 May 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3081080)   #298
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Attempt to purchase a free App and you will be able to select "None" as payment and create the account.
Old 29 May 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3081217)   #299
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I had no problem downloading it from itunes using the link on the TI24 website.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3081373)   #300
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Success, now got Truth in 24 I & II on my computer.

Tom.