Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:17 (Ref:621768)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Fab, Canada has not yet reached the 1980s so we are still plagued with strikes

Come on, she could vorbid car's races !
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:20 (Ref:621771)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
No further informations beyond the tuesday action day... planet France is still utrning round round round ro...(sound of a crash)... ouch !

I'm glad some of you already get their tickets... don't count too much on chance !
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:29 (Ref:621780)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
They never send the tickets until the last minute. We got ours three days before we left in 2001 and they never came at all in 2002.
Oh yeah. Every year it happens and every year we swear we shall not renew and just go through Just tickets (or something similar), well this year is definetly it, because in the end we didn't get what we wanted!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:39 (Ref:621796)   #29
rcs
Rookie

rcs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO were not helpful when I phoned and neither they or Just Tickets could get me into Tribune 5. Airtrack did and they didn't make me pay over the odds and they also have this brilliant hospitality package which I'm going for - thats if I don't end up spending the week waiting in Dover for a ferry........
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:57 (Ref:621833)   #30
leeds56651
Rookie

leeds56651 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear all you guys having problems with tickets and transport. I've got mine and are booked on Le Shuttle
wey hey!!!!!! Come on you Bentley Bouys..............
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:05 (Ref:621842)   #31
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by rcs
The ACO were not helpful when I phoned and neither they or Just Tickets could get me into Tribune 5. Airtrack did and they didn't make me pay over the odds
Airtrack normally charge a hefty premium for tickets. I sold two T 05 tickets for 53.5 stirling each (cost)last week. What did Airtrack charge?
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:07 (Ref:621920)   #32
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, a few moments, literally, after I posted my concerns this morning, I got an emailed confirmation from SeaFrance that I was booked for 7am on Thursday 12th - not a squeak about industrial action. However, in amongst all the bumf about where I could spend my money on the boat, they did also mention the surcharge levied if I were to miss my sailing due to circumstances outside SeaFrance's control.

Nice.....

So I'm still dining on fingernails, and shall be doing so until I am securely on that boat.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 16:16 (Ref:621988)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD

So I'm still dining on fingernails, and shall be doing so until I am securely on that boat. [/B]
Gettingon the quay in France is the thing. Boats have had to turn around in previous strikes!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 16:27 (Ref:622003)   #34
rcs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Airtrack normally charge a hefty premium for tickets. I sold two T 05 tickets for 53.5 stirling each (cost)last week. What did Airtrack charge?
I can't remember what they charged - certainly more than what you quoted but to be honest I don't mind as long as I get the tickets. I am used to F1 prices so all this has been a saving to me !

Rob
Old 5 Jun 2003, 16:52 (Ref:622020)   #35
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We just changed our tickets from airtrack and saved about £116 each. We're in the campsite airtrack were supposed to be in and we got a more convinient ferry crossing too (assuming there is a ferry). Still - it'll be nice to have your own toilets and hospitality tent.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:13 (Ref:622043)   #36
Lancs Se7en
Rookie

Lancs Se7en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to collect some grand stand tickets upon arrival next Thursday. They were ordered by a friend in France and the ACO were unhappy to post them even to a French address because of the strike. Just spoken to P & O and they reckon that ferries on Wednesday night will be ok. Didnt ask about the rest, sorry
Old 6 Jun 2003, 01:26 (Ref:622427)   #37
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still waiting to see what the air traffic controllers will do. Apparently they are forbidden to strike, but they can screw up the airport in some way if they dare to. Possibly they won't be able to figure out what devilment they can legally get up to until Saturday. I don't care what they do once I clear Canadian airspace. But I'm all packed and ready to go.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 05:25 (Ref:622500)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Still waiting to see what the air traffic controllers will do. Apparently they are forbidden to strike
Are you kidding ??? THEY DO just these days, 3/4 of the traffic was canceled the day before yesterday...
Old 6 Jun 2003, 05:26 (Ref:622501)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Apparently, the problems become harder, but for less people concerned.

Not sure there'll be problems with transports... the main strikes movements are in education...
Old 6 Jun 2003, 07:12 (Ref:622560)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Fab, I'm not planning on going to school, unless its to the Hawaian Tropic College......
Old 6 Jun 2003, 10:56 (Ref:622734)   #41
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The air traffic controllers apparently can't do much of anything but refuse to train replacements. And they have decided to do that next week. So I should get my flight as planned. Unless the Land of the Spanner In The Works comes up with anything new.

Won't it be good to get to the track and put all this silliness behind us?
Old 6 Jun 2003, 12:00 (Ref:622783)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

Won't it just Liz, won't it just.

I'm sitting here at lunch in the office, with only 2 and a half hours work to go before I disappear on leave. I get get away from the total paranoia that has been thrust upon me over the last few weeks - well, for a fortnight, anyway.

Am I looking forward to it - too right I am!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 13:49 (Ref:622909)   #43
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
the main strikes movements are in education...
Well, it is France, after all.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Jun 2003, 14:50 (Ref:622965)   #44
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I'm sitting here at lunch in the office, with only 2 and a half hours work to go before I disappear on leave. I get get away from the total paranoia that has been thrust upon me over the last few weeks - well, for a fortnight, anyway.
Ditto, but in an hours time I will be leaving here for the last, then two weeks off and then a new job
Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:33 (Ref:623042)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sounds mighty fine to me Rob.....
Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:45 (Ref:623053)   #46
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
That is the trueist statemant I have heard. I had a major client go bust on me today for a lot of money and still getting to LeMans is number one priority in my mind. I can't wait to forget about normal life and just have a laugh for a few days away from it all. Roll on wednesday!!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:54 (Ref:623058)   #47
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am working in france next week (Lyon). I have a flight to Bordeaux on thursday morning, meet my father who´s coming with the motorhome full of beers and expect to arrive at LM thursday afternoon. If there are strikes....well, maybe my flight won´t take off... I am a bit concerned, but have decided that, if there´s no flight, I´ll rent a car and drive to bourdeaux instead by night. I just HAVE TO GO TO LE MANS!!!!!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:56 (Ref:623062)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
I just HAVE TO GO TO LE MANS!!!!!
Thats the spirit!
Old 7 Jun 2003, 11:21 (Ref:623770)   #49
rcs
Rookie

I've even started to pack the car in readiness for the off on Weds ! My race and hospitality tickets arrived today so at least thats a relief !
Old 7 Jun 2003, 14:59 (Ref:623898)   #50
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
if there´s no flight, I´ll rent a car and drive to bourdeaux
You could try the TGV : much more confortable and faster, they're usualy unconcerned by strikes (well, I said usualy, did I ?) ; Lyon-Bordeaux by Montpellier/Toulouse... not so easy actually... well, just ask at SNCF (french railroads)...