Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2576322)   #10
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
In my opinion the loss of A1-GP is no great loss. It is to the staff and employees and creditors, I feel sorry for them. But it's just one more formula in the middle that we don't need. I feel the same about Superleague.
Anyway...talking of Papyrus Indycar, I did the artwork painting for the original...see here. Had almost forgotten about it until your post. Thanks!
http://www.andrewkitson.com/pages/andrettipc.htm
What an absolute load of rubbish. I feel deeply angered by your post. As a mechanic trying to make a living from motorsport, for someone to suggest that a series 'is not needed' and that its collapse, which has left countless numbers of people in severe financial difficulties, is no great less, highly offends me.
A1GP was a brilliant series, it's concept was great, and that you cannot deny. To suggest that a nation vs. nation series is of no need is ridiculous. Next year millions of people will be glued to there TV screens to watch the 2010 Football world cup, a nation vs. nation competition, which is a huge money spinner. Given the right promotion and management, it could, and should be hugely popular.
Each series, for various reasons, is needed. Whether or not, you, sitting in your little part of Norfolk believes it is or not.
So perhaps before you start writing these kinds of posts in the future, with your false sentiments to the people affected by its downturn, you might actually consider what it means to us, the people currently struggling to make a living from this sport.