Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Jun 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1339468)   #1
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Burns

Does anybody know whats happening to him know? I seem to remember that it was said he was only going to have 1 year off but this is his 3rd?
Old 24 Jun 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1339544)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is unlikely to ever be fit enough to rally again
Old 25 Jun 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1339841)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was his second ? did he not miss out the 2003 GB rally ?

People have been down this road before, but it is as you say unlikely to rally in WRC however he could get his medical and do the national rounds or something

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 25 Jun 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1339920)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you have any more information KB (or anyone else)? I always felt that the situation was worse than was being portrayed, and a good enough recovery to lead a normal life might be the best he can hope for. It's a sad situation.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1339928)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
afaik john haffey had a simular type of ilness and was outof rallycross for a while and returned one brda round (the round where dermot carnegie went flying in the focus ? remember they all bunched up at the start dermot took the inside hit the tuff of grass and launched it)

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 25 Jun 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1339944)   #6
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
I thought it was his second ? did he not miss out the 2003 GB rally ?
Could be, was only off the top of my head.

Thats a great shame and rallying could really do with a british star atm
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1340789)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Do you have any more information KB (or anyone else)? I always felt that the situation was worse than was being portrayed, and a good enough recovery to lead a normal life might be the best he can hope for. It's a sad situation.

That's pretty much the case - his focus is purely on living as comfortably as possible.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1346047)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was very moving to see a photo in this weeks MN of a banner taken to the incredible arena in Greece for the superspecial stage there.
It read something along the lines of we will never forget you Richard, your fans in Greece send their love, or something along those lines.
I only hope that Richard can take some comfort from these things and that he is well enough in time to come and see his fans at rallies.
I am sure we will be kept posted of his condition, from what I have read and heard he is fighting a constant battle to improve and his friends and family must be despairing with this kind of thing to hit him at such a tender age.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1346397)   #9
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World rallying is suffering without McRae and Burns battles. (in the UK)
Hardly hear it mentioned outside keen rally fans anymore.