Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 3 Nov 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2981082)   #101
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope mountainstar posts a picture of himself in "Ed Carpenter Racing" gear after it arrivers at his home.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Nov 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2981086)   #102
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
I hope mountainstar posts a picture of himself in "Ed Carpenter Racing" gear after it arrivers at his home.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2981087)   #103
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Also I wonder who the two drivers for RLL are...maybe BB and Jayhoward with Pippa Mann running Indy?
Old 3 Nov 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2981140)   #104
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I read is that they bought 2 cars, not about that they would field 2 cars. But I would be great to have Lettermann back on the grid full time.

Further, Penske now officialy confirmed Power, Castroneves ánd Briscoe will race again for them in 2012. Sponsorship announcements will be made later.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2981180)   #105
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you all have a listen to last nights Midweek Motorsport on Radio Le Mans, SPEED's Marshall Pruett and the team talk quite a bit about the latest goings on in the paddock to do with 2012, well worth a listen. They talk about Indycar about half way through the second half till the end.

http://audio.rpix.org.uk/mwm/6/mwm6-41.mp3
Old 3 Nov 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2981219)   #106
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Carpenter's team will be called Ed Carpenter Racing and is co-owned with TG:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...penter-racing/
Should be called "Fuzzy Vision"...
Old 3 Nov 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2981226)   #107
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/a...865,full.story

Quote:
Organizers of the Baltimore Grand Prix are grappling with mounting financial problems, including a missed loan payment to the state and lawsuits alleging nearly $1.6 million in unpaid bills — raising questions about their ability to host next year's car-racing event.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2981238)   #108
cos
Veteran

England
RLL have signed up with Honda, and also engaged the services of Tom Anderson. I can imagine Sato ending up at Rahal's team now KV have Chevy power.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2981271)   #109
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

Looks like that race is toast. $1.6 mil in arrears for this year and no cash flow. Burnt toast.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2981306)   #110
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
If you all have a listen to last nights Midweek Motorsport on Radio Le Mans, SPEED's Marshall Pruett and the team talk quite a bit about the latest goings on in the paddock to do with 2012, well worth a listen. They talk about Indycar about half way through the second half till the end.

http://audio.rpix.org.uk/mwm/6/mwm6-41.mp3
Think you linked to last week's episode; last night's episode is here:

http://audio.rpix.org.uk/mwm/6/mwm6-42.mp3
Old 4 Nov 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2981693)   #111
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Derrick Walker to run Ed Carpenter Racing

From his existing facility in Indianapolis. Seems they bought 2x DW12s.. a spare.. or maybe a 2nd pilot at some point..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Nov 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2981993)   #112
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talk that there is no GoDaddy.com seat to fill now. They may have decided to pull out after Wheldon's passing and the unfortunate circumstances of him being both their 2012 driver and their $5,000,000 Challenge contestant.

Andretti Autosport are now testing Gustavo Yacamán and James Davison, allegedly, which says they are now looking for a ride-buyer. According to some, this isn't for a fourth car; it's for the third car that once was the GoDaddy.com one.

Also interesting to hear Danica say she doesn't have a sponsor for Indy, meaning GoDaddy.com will only back her in NASCAR, which of course makes you wonder if they'll be at the 500 at all, fueling these rumors even further.

Would be a shame. I don't blame them; I'm sure they wanted an out with Danica and got caught in Michael's clever negotiating that Danica could only be released if GoDaddy.com agreed to stay as a sponsor. But the reality is that the only man who could really be a good face for their company is no longer alive, GoDaddy.com had a terrible weekend promotion-wise given their sponsorship of the unfortunate event, the ratings still suck, Bob Parsons prefers oval racing for whatever reason...I suppose they found their way out, and they're 100% correct to leave.

I don't like seeing a sponsored car disappear, because it would be nice for a good driver to not have to bring money for one, but at the same time, it defies all logic for sponsors to even be here, and none of the talented drivers bring the personalities GoDaddy.com had been looking for.

We'll see...
Old 5 Nov 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2982098)   #113
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti Autosport could move GoDaddy's sponsrship to an its current driver (Marco or Hunter-Reay)...
Old 6 Nov 2011, 04:26 (Ref:2982132)   #114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
Andretti Autosport could move GoDaddy's sponsrship to an its current driver (Marco or Hunter-Reay)...
When you have the likes of Mr Bourdais and Mr Servia and co without a named gig for 2012, it is beyond me why AA might be testing Mr Davison and co...
Old 6 Nov 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2982133)   #115
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ $$$$
Old 6 Nov 2011, 05:13 (Ref:2982135)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^ $$$$
Financial considerations aside... if you put an untried kid in an IndyCar, even if he contributes to the team's operating budget, will this satisfy the likes of GoDaddy... who quite reasonably would expect results on track, as well as off, for their investment?
Old 6 Nov 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2982141)   #117
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Davison is actually a pretty good driver though, so there's a difference. He's proven himself in lights so I would not be worried about him going to IndyCar.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2982164)   #118
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
When you have the likes of Mr Bourdais and Mr Servia and co without a named gig for 2012, it is beyond me why AA might be testing Mr Davison and co...
We are november...it's normal that some drivers are not already signed...moreover, Servia is almost confimed at NHR...
Old 6 Nov 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2982179)   #119
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Yeah I can see Servia back at Newman-Hass. They've got a good guy in James Hinchcliffe as well, if he picks it up this season, they may surpass AA as the third best team.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2982189)   #120
marcostraz
Veteran

What about the future of SH Racing? Any rumors about their 2012 programs? Will Scheckter be their driver yet?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2983441)   #121
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (???)
Tracy’s best chance to vie for a top 10 finish in the championship would likely come in a tie-up with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, and he’s believed to have another meeting scheduled with team owner Bobby Rahal this week. Until a contract is signed, look for Tracy to keep the phone lines open.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2987241)   #122
cos
Veteran

England
FWIW Justin Wilson has just started following Group Lotus on Twitter.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2987441)   #123
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimball and Hildebrand both confirmed:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96272
Old 17 Nov 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2987489)   #124
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Speed has a piece up now that Herta and HVM will be in the Lotus camp.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2987520)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Speed has a piece up now that Herta and HVM will be in the Lotus camp.
Story Here

Lotus Engine Progress Being Made

No Track Testing of Lotus Engine Til January

So... any team with a contract for a Lotus engine will be at least 2 months behind in learning about the chassis, let alone the engine package...

Seems odd to me...