Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Sep 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2536287)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Martin Brundleisms

Every so often he comes out with some brilliant ones in his commentary.

"Well if your name's Schumacher, I guess you're entitled to talk cobblers".

And after Silverstone 1994 when referring to Peugeot's claims that what he had actually suffered was an oil leak, I paraphrase:

“It came out of the hole in the block where the conrod came through".
Old 7 Sep 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2536294)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You should enjoy this fine website then

My personal favourites:

"I remember jumping into a Tyrrell having just crashed one badly in Monte Carlo. Jumped in the car and Ken Tyrrell said, 'You've got eight minutes left to qualify – you need to get on with it'. I said, 'No problem. Which circuit am I at?'"

and

"He's understeering like a cross-channel ferry"
Old 7 Sep 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2536299)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"That didn't work Michael, you hit the wrong part of him my friend." x100
Old 8 Sep 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2536307)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poor Ricardo Rosset.

Murray Walker: "He's not exactly covered himself in glory, has he?"
Martin: "He's covered himself in more gravel than glory".
Old 8 Sep 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2536309)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Murray: There is some debate as to whether Roset is Formula 1 material."
Brundle: "It's a pretty short debate Murray."

Martin.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2536322)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Brundle:"And once again Sato is first to arrive at the scene of the accident".

Legard: hmmmm.....Not actually said anything worth repeating tbh.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 02:04 (Ref:2536332)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

He thinks repeating 'push on' is worthwhile, judging by how much we hear it. I like 'kick on' to- is that a derivative of kicking off in football?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2536371)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Allen: And there are some Baumgartner fans in the crowd. I wonder what that sign says...

Brundle: It's Hungarian for massive understeer.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2536416)   #9
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly does 'nip and tuck' mean..?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2536417)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
What exactly does 'nip and tuck' mean..?
It's a colloquialism for cosmetic surgery.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2536443)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My all time favourites have to be the gridwalk variations on:

MB: Here's Mark, being interviewed by [Euro TV person], they won't mind if we push in here. Mark, a quick word for 6 million British viewers?

Along with:

What are you doing here, Bernie?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2536483)   #12
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite Brundle comment:

“You needed a calendar to time his first sector.”
Old 8 Sep 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2536501)   #13
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He desribed Schumacher as being not he most generous person before and said he was "first out of the taxi and last to the bar."
Old 8 Sep 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2536526)   #14
rotorboy
Rookie

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
rotorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Brundle:"And once again Sato is first to arrive at the scene of the accident".

Legard: hmmmm.....Not actually said anything worth repeating tbh.
I got one Legardism for you - I think it was at Barcelona where he referred to Alonso as "Fernando Anando"...

Genius. Give him time..!!
Old 8 Sep 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2536698)   #15
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See my signature! (about Le Mans). He replied with a straight face...

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 8 Sep 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2536701)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
"That didn't work Michael, you hit the wrong part of him my friend." x100
Agreed, great. Although I thought it was "That didn't work, my friend, you hit the wrong part of him". (unimportant point, that may be wrong anyway!)
Old 8 Sep 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2536720)   #17
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
one I caught last race.

'Holding on to the white line like its your favourite granny'
Old 8 Sep 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2536729)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"ran out of talent" is a staple. Used in his safety talk at a kart tracks too!
Old 8 Sep 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2536804)   #19
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the clip where Murray Walker gets excited over a Jos Verstappen crashing replay, realises it is a replay, then is consoled by Martin, who offers: "Verstappen is more than capable of going off on two consecutive laps".

Another classic, used a few times now, is "I think ambition overtook adhesion there", usually in reference to a car spinning unprompted but for the driver's over-enthusiasm.

And Jonathan Legard, as noticed by a friend of mine, does seem to love talking about something being "a real shot in the arm".
Old 9 Sep 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2537280)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
"I raced against Luca Badoer and he couldn't drive a nail into a piece of wood." - And he said that before it ever looked like he was going to get a Ferrari drive.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 10 Sep 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2537798)   #21
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good postings.

I've never been a MB fan myself, but he does come out with some gems. I think he has that classic British pathos, and laconic style of humour.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2537915)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Ralf's Girl- when was it he said that?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2538092)   #23
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have David Hobbs in the States, the difference is he tries to be funny as opposed to just saying things that turn out to be funny.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2538120)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am glad to have David Hobbs he a real gentleman, very knowledgeable and quite funny at times.. The Speed team is a really good one I think, they compliment each other very well.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2538796)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Ralf's Girl- when was it he said that?
It was at a race earlier this season, can't remember which one - it was in reference to Badoer having carved out such a good career for himself as a Ferrari test driver despite being of, er, questionable ability.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'