Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2011, 02:35 (Ref:2878517)   #126
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
And my mother would be a car if she had wheels.
I'd give her a drive .
Old 11 May 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2878577)   #127
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 11 May 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2878627)   #128
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a driver in the field who has consistently over the last 18 months or so performed so poorly against their team-mate?

I too feel sorry for him now. Even though he's quite a cold character and comes across as quite difficult to like most of the time, he is a legend and you get the impression it's dawning on him that he's simply out of his depth now...
Old 11 May 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2878733)   #129
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possible, however in defense, nick was paassed with similar ease when some one came up on him. While TGF has not been up to snuff per team mate or his standard, the mercedes car is not a maclaren or needy designed redbull, it isn't a great one
Old 11 May 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2878738)   #130
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Mercedes is not great, but it is good-very good. Schumacher is making life difficult for himself by having so many incidents. It seems to be every few races that he's pitting on the first lap for a new wing.
Old 11 May 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2878740)   #131
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
He brings the "retouching front wing in pitstop" concept to a new level.
Old 11 May 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2878742)   #132
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity Schummy, does your username bear any relation to the esteemed most successful Formula 1 driver of all time?
Old 11 May 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2878754)   #133
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Out of curiosity Schummy, does your username bear any relation to the esteemed most successful Formula 1 driver of all time?
Oh...err... ... my nick is from the great 7 times composer Robert Schumann.
Old 11 May 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2878761)   #134
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It's just you do not appear to be a fan. Or perhaps you are a fan but not a "fanboy".
Old 11 May 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2878789)   #135
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I was a "fan" in his first seasons, I think he was as special as Senna and Prost, for example. Even in qualifying or in the wet he was awesome. I never was a fanboy, though, so I could see how he lost a bit of his raw speed over the years, and now I think he is a normal good F1 driver (worse than Nico, by the way).

Anyway, what he achieved when in his prime (his first years) is "immortal", so I have not any problem with him doing not so well nowadays.

For reference, my fav F1 driver ever was Gilles. And my two worst days following motor racing (since 70s), apart from Gilles' accident, were Greg Moore and Daijiro Kato's accidents. Huge waste of talent and the lost of two young and nice human beings.
Old 12 May 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2879324)   #136
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Nico VS Michael: no contest.

But Michael's pace wasn't awful in Turkey and were it not for his crappy racecraft in the Petrov incident, he ought to have been on for a much better result.

He's got to start improving qually and his wheel-to-wheel stuff.
Old 13 May 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2879711)   #137
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The incident with Petrov really was a pity for him. He seemed to be tempted to turn in, then appeared to have realised to be patient, then at the last moment turned anyway even though Petrov was right there. It was really poor racecraft at any level of motorsport.
I thought this too. It looked like he expected Petrov to be faster through the corner than he was. I think he was trying to duck under Petrov on the way out of the corner and was caught when Petrov hesitated or parked the Renault on the apex to prevent this manoeuvre.
Old 13 May 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2879760)   #138
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

were it not for his crappy racecraft in the Petrov incident, he ought to have been on for a much better result.
If my sister had a willy, she'd be my brother
Old 15 May 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2880708)   #139
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
If my sister had a willy, she'd be my brother
I know your point is that I'm clutching at straws, but I don't think anyone would claim the hypothetical sister-brother scenario you pose is of equal probability as Schumacher getting through a Grand Prix with such an error. Hence my defence of Schumacher.

Also, I was quite impressed with his move round the outside of Alguersuari and the move on Sutil. Michael himself acknowledged post-race that he was more at fault for the Petrov incident and that he needed to look at it again. I hope he does study it well and learn from it, so we can see what he's really made of.
Old 16 May 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2881050)   #140
gttouring
Veteran

A big issue I hadn't though of is MS does not know who he is racing well not like he knew folks at ferrari. A few years have gone and a few drivers out there in the field are a bit wild, and how do you deal with someone you can't read? Eg petrov etc.
obviously this isn't true for the front runners Mac, ferrari, redbull and a certain williams guy
Old 16 May 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2881340)   #141
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TGF should be able to read them easily, they will have idolised his racing 'style'.
Old 17 May 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2881366)   #142
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think he could retire at the end of the season with some pride intact if he just somehow wins a race this season (i know i know very highly unlikely)

to win a race at 42 years old in modern f1 would be a very good achievement and would allow him to leave with dignity it would be horrible if he carried on all season like this scrapping for 6th-10th what a bad way to bow out
Old 17 May 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2881372)   #143
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

MS just needs to be about 0.5 seconds faster. It will heal any reading trouble he have.
Old 17 May 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2881375)   #144
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't been in, in a while and all comments are fascinating.
Whatever the biology or psychology involved, TGF is a 42 year old man competing against much younger athletes, who have all adopted his fitness regime. He said in an interview last year, that a 41 year old Schumacher couldn't possibly compete with a 20 something Schumacher. So he himself is aware of that.

His time in F1 coincided with sprint style F1, whereby the fittest drivers could run flat out for the race. He also had a team built around him by Todt and Montezemolo which tested practically everyday for the glory of Michael, and to be completely honest, he didn't exactly have much in the way of opposition did he?
I know people will say Mika, JV, Hill etc, but unless they were in that years "Newey" car, they were not good enough ( Hill excepted in Arrows and Jordan ) to win in anything else

I'm grateful, as a Ferrari fan, that TGF drove for the reds, because between 1994 and 2004 he was the best out there.
But in 10 years he sanctioned every team-mate, something that Briatore granted him at Benetton too.
I think Brawn would have let him at Mercedes, but he's not stepping up to it.

Luca, I think realised in 2005 that TGF was coming to the end of his effective F1 career and signed Kimi as a long term replacement, and Michael..... chose to retire
Old 17 May 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2881377)   #145
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Michael had two more good years left in him at that time, but was pushed from Ferrari to make way for the Kimster..
Old 17 May 2011, 04:09 (Ref:2881427)   #146
Empty Box
Rookie

Empty Box should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...Who will now be driving trucks. lol
Old 17 May 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2881666)   #147
gttouring
Veteran

The kimster ha in trucks I hope he tears it up. I am rooting for MS to get o n the rostrum andmaybe win one. If not figure it out and take it all bck.
Old 18 May 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2882399)   #148
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote from Ross Brawn
"It's just looking at things that go wrong, "the Englishman added. "They are quite small and I know they are all significant but in Turkey up until final qualifying he looked incredibly strong. Then in final qualifying we had some problems. It's just that last little bit we've got to finish off. If he was slow from the beginning, then you'd be worried but I'm mot worried because he is still very quick."

from: http://www.pitpass.com/43616-Brawn-p...humacher-fears

Earlier there were concerns over the quality of Schumacher's engineering team, maybe they should look at them again! There seem to be continuous technical problems on that car. Barrichello seemed to have many of the same glitches when teamed with Button - same crew? Problems in Australia, problems in Turkey others?

Note to self: Stand back from computer as it begins to melt with invective at the thought that anybody but Schumacher may be to blame for lack of performance.

Last edited by wnut; 18 May 2011 at 23:38.
Old 19 May 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2882417)   #149
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
The kimster ha in trucks I hope he tears it up. I am rooting for MS to get o n the rostrum andmaybe win one. If not figure it out and take it all bck.
It just shows he is not afraid to try anything, good for him..
Old 19 May 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2882423)   #150
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Kimi drives trucks just like Prost drove trucks in 1991
Closed Thread