Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Feb 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2401736)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
GT1 field at Le Mans 2009

What do you guys feel is a reasonable grid for this years race .

We know of the following chassis that have taken up their auto entries .

2 Pratt & Miller C6R
1 LAA C6R

We know some who have applied .

1 ARC Bratislava S7R
1 Full Speed Racing S7R
1 JetAlliance DBR9
1 Gigawave DBR9
1 or 2 Vitaphone MC12

What else is left ?

1 Reiter Lambo
1 Larbre S7R
1 Del Bello 550 ..... and ?

Question . In its last year , as we know it , GT1 , how many cars can we reasonably expect to see in the class ?

I reckon the Full Speed Saleen will get in on advertising alone , and the Newton-John name .

ARC stand a decent chance of getting in with their ex-Larbre machine and Bouchet .

Gigawave should get in along with JetAlliance , representing Aston Martin .

If there is a way around it , the 2 Vitaphone MC-12 would surely get in , or not ?

I presume Larbre has applied and will get in .

I presume Del Bello has applied , decent steady car now .

Reiter will surely get in if applied . How could the ACO say no ?

Some say that the GT1 field is already finished , but I can still see a lot of decent chassis out there , to get 7 to 8 cars on the start grid ?

Whats a reasonable figure ?
Old 22 Feb 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2401755)   #2
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JLOC?
Old 22 Feb 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2401804)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Theres supposed to be at least 3 DBR9 and 2 Lambos looking to get in .
Old 22 Feb 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2401815)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Theres supposed to be at least 3 DBR9 and 2 Lambos looking to get in .
Correct I believe
Old 22 Feb 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2401843)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

So Graham , how many Gt1's realisticaly , could you see at Le Mans ?
Old 22 Feb 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2401873)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Honestly depends on how high the quality of the entry in GT1 and GT2 is - Until very recently I'd have though 8-10 - now possibly more - Remember it's the final year of a heavily marketed and publicly popular class - The ACO may see this as a real marketing opportunity.

Its just as possible though that they may decide to clip the entry back and encourage more GT2 entries in the future, remeber there will be factory or factory backed entries there in 2010 - Privateers spaces will be fewer - and they will need encouragement to compete.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2402098)   #7
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could be quite interesting.

How many GT1's will be in the top 10 at the finish? The Astons and Vettes have proven that they can mix with the bigger classes, whilst I cannot see them claiming victory with a good run maybe they could get into the top 5?

Opinions?
Old 23 Feb 2009, 02:10 (Ref:2402115)   #8
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 R15, 1 R10, 3 908, 2 Aston, 2 RS Spyder. Top 10 is going to be hard for a GT1, top 5 nearly impossible.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2402403)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

I somehow cant imagine a top ten this year .

2 R15's ..... I reckon on 2 R10's too . The 2nd will be crewed with works drivers , 3 LC70E , 2 Pesca's , 2 Spyders and Aston too . Oh and 3 Pug's & a Dome .
Old 23 Feb 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2402422)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are far to many good quality prototypes for a GT1 to finish that high up unless, a wet weekend will always put the cat amongst the pigeons, but would prefer a nice dry Le mans this year as I hate camping in the rain.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2402432)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its very possible to see a GT1 car in the 5, and at least one in the top 10 is almost certain.

P1 will be very hard fought this year with teams running untried cars or new teams with old cars the possiblity is very much there for a surprise or two for a well driven quick and reliable car.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 14:34 (Ref:2402490)   #12
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
There are far to many good quality prototypes for a GT1 to finish that high up unless, a wet weekend will always put the cat amongst the pigeons, but would prefer a nice dry Le mans this year as I hate camping in the rain.
Ssshhhh!
Don't mention the weather!
You know who'll be posting next......
Old 1 Mar 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2406740)   #13
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I guess the question is: will anyone be able to give Corvette competition in GT1? I doubt either of the Lambos can challenge the Vettes but the two Astons certainly can. Will Gigawave and/or JetAlliance be able to use either of the Gulf-Aston chasis from last year? I would think if they can get their present cars updated or use one of last year's entries, they have a good chance. I'm sure they can get a solid driver line-up for each car. Besides Lichtner-Hoyer, do we have any inkling who else will be in the Astons?

DK
Old 1 Mar 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2406771)   #14
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Well, I guess the question is: will anyone be able to give Corvette competition in GT1? I doubt either of the Lambos can challenge the Vettes but the two Astons certainly can. Will Gigawave and/or JetAlliance be able to use either of the Gulf-Aston chasis from last year? I would think if they can get their present cars updated or use one of last year's entries, they have a good chance. I'm sure they can get a solid driver line-up for each car. Besides Lichtner-Hoyer, do we have any inkling who else will be in the Astons?

DK
Gigawave will be using DBR9/106 because it is at Aston Martin Racing having it's annual chassis check and I think it will be having a few upgrades too and it says on Gigawave's website that it is being Prepared for LM.

Jetalliance will be using either DBR9/103 or DBR9/105. The chassis that they will be using is being modified to the current ACO regulations and having an air-conditioning system fitted.

DBR9/8 (#009) is now with a private collector and DBR9/7 (#007) is at Prodrive's exhibition area.

Tom.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2406797)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Gigawave will be using DBR9/106 because it is at Aston Martin Racing having it's annual chassis check and I think it will be having a few upgrades too and it says on Gigawave's website that it is being Prepared for LM.

Jetalliance will be using either DBR9/103 or DBR9/105. The chassis that they will be using is being modified to the current ACO regulations and having an air-conditioning system fitted.

DBR9/8 (#009) is now with a private collector and DBR9/7 (#007) is at Prodrive's exhibition area.

Tom.
The car in Prodrive's exhibition area isn't /7 it's a reliveried /3

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Mar 2009 at 18:32. Reason: Picture duplicate links removed.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2406812)   #16
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The car in Prodrive's exhibition area isn't /7 it's a reliveried /3
So the one at Prodrive is the ex. Larbre car that ran as #008 at LM07.

So is this /3 or /7?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...7607603469819/

If that is /3 then where is /7?

Tom.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2406817)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
So the one at Prodrive is the ex. Larbre car that ran as #008 at LM07.

So is this /3 or /7?

If that is /3 then where is /7?

Tom.
The winning cars from LM are both owned by private collectors - Certainly the car in the exhibition area last Friday was /3
Old 10 Mar 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2412763)   #18
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The collector in question is ex-F1 driver Jacques Nellemann, who I think owns the ex-Larbre car 008. That was the one coming in third in 07 and won Petit Le Mans.

But I need a sanity check of that
Old 5 Apr 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2434189)   #19
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watching today's LMS race in Spain, I'm thinking the only chance Aston has of trying to derail the Corvette train at Le Mans is getting Kox into the Jet-Alliance car. He's on a par with the best Aston Martin drivers Brabham, Turner, Garcia et al and would be the only one to give them a chance. Anyway, on the other hand, they could always sneak into the Corvette garage and flatten all the tires! I know Kox is supposed to be in the Lambo, but does anyone really think that car will stay with the Compuserve boys?

DK
Old 5 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2434199)   #20
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it held together then Kox and Bouchut with another quick man in a lambo could do well. Could probably get a podium if the P&M cars are untouchable.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2434206)   #21
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
If it held together then Kox and Bouchut with another quick man in a lambo could do well. Could probably get a podium if the P&M cars are untouchable.
Rusinov will definitely be the #3 in the car. He's actually pretty fair, so he won't hurt too much. I just don't think the Lambo can run with the Vettes for 24 hours though. One can always hope.

DK
Old 5 Apr 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2434215)   #22
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Rusinov will definitely be the #3 in the car. He's actually pretty fair, so he won't hurt too much. I just don't think the Lambo can run with the Vettes for 24 hours though. One can always hope.

DK
Yeah to be fair Rusinov is solid. Theres hope for seeing Bouchut in the Murcielago though as he's driving the Lambo GT2 this year which I don't believe off the top of my head has an entry.

Well if the Alphand cars have troubles like today then we can only hope
Old 5 Apr 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2434363)   #23
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Yeah to be fair Rusinov is solid. Theres hope for seeing Bouchut in the Murcielago though as he's driving the Lambo GT2 this year which I don't believe off the top of my head has an entry.

Well if the Alphand cars have troubles like today then we can only hope
Adding Bouchut would certainly make things interesting. My only concern is that the Lambos always have major problems in the longer races. Can't remember the last time (if ever) one made a whole 24 hours without at least one major pit stop.

DK
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2434449)   #24
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope for one last goodbye trick from the Lambo
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2434479)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spending less than half the race in the garage would help.......

Tags
2009 le mans, 2009 le mans entries