Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 May 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3400830)   #326
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice livery.

I prefer the 208 over the DS3.
Old 4 May 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3401868)   #327
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
L'ÉQUIPE 21 rumors of Sebastien Loeb drive LoheacRX event for this summer!
Old 5 May 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3402565)   #328
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Recently been told that Tickets for the Erc lydden is only online ticket purchase? Any ideas only a friend is inquiring, and how much are the pit entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
I am wondering the same.

The commentator at the British Rallycross round earlier in the year did mention if might become online ticket only but I was hoping that was just a marketing ploy to boost sales.
I might have an answer to this; I was handed a flyer for the World Rallycross at Lydden today and it includes the wording:

"Book online: lyddenhill.co.uk
Save up to 20% by booking your tickets in advance".

Obviously its not saying it in as many words, but the saving line implies that there will be tickets on the gate?
Old 5 May 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3402625)   #329
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I might have an answer to this; I was handed a flyer for the World Rallycross at Lydden today and it includes the wording:

"Book online: lyddenhill.co.uk
Save up to 20% by booking your tickets in advance".

Obviously its not saying it in as many words, but the saving line implies that there will be tickets on the gate?
I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure they are selling tickets on the gate. The tickets still haven't been dispatched- I'm getting slightly worried that they're not going to reach me in time.
Old 6 May 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3402729)   #330
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure they are selling tickets on the gate. The tickets still haven't been dispatched- I'm getting slightly worried that they're not going to reach me in time.
The tickets are sold through See tickets aren't they? Last time I bought tickets from them they didn't show up until a couple of days before the event.

Three weeks to go, so I wouldn't be worrying just yet!
Old 6 May 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3402731)   #331
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont worry be happy
Old 6 May 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3402772)   #332
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I sincerely hope the traffic management is better for the Rallycross than it was at Lydden for the BHP show - major problems with people taking literally hours to get into the circuit. I know access is restricted but they need to be on the case when there are a lot of people coming into / out of the circuit. It's always an issue so they can't say it's taken them by surprise.
Old 6 May 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3402810)   #333
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The tickets are sold through See tickets aren't they? Last time I bought tickets from them they didn't show up until a couple of days before the event.

Three weeks to go, so I wouldn't be worrying just yet!
I'm leaving for Canterbury a week before the event. Have a feeling things might get interesting...
Old 6 May 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3402821)   #334
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I sincerely hope the traffic management is better for the Rallycross than it was at Lydden for the BHP show - major problems with people taking literally hours to get into the circuit. I know access is restricted but they need to be on the case when there are a lot of people coming into / out of the circuit. It's always an issue so they can't say it's taken them by surprise.
BHP was bad last year; I queued for an hour which, up until yesterday, was by far the longest I have ever queued to get in to Lydden. Yesterday however was ****ing ridiculous.

We got there at 7:20 yesterday in anticipation of a queue and didn't get into the circuit until 9:40. The traffic was bad but, exacerbating the situation, was the complete lack of any form of traffic management. Those of us who followed the rules of the road/didn't drive like ********s, were stuck in the queue whilst others drove up the outside lane and cut in at the last minute.

I've queued to get into a few big car meets (Japfest at Castle Combe has been exceptionally bad on a couple of occasions) but, in every case, there has been some attempt at traffic control put in place. Yesterday looked like no preparations had been made and there was I saw no one out there even attempting to organise the chaos. I accept that big meets at little circuits will result in queues but, some simple measures (first and foremost of which should have been coning off the inside line of the A2 heading for the circuit) would have kept things flowing a lot better.

They have been hyping the crap out of BHP on Facebook for the last few months, so its not like they weren't expecting big numbers again.
Old 6 May 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3402829)   #335
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doing all this means they would have to pay for police involvement.

And we can all tell I guess these days that profit is all that matters in most motorsports.

I am shocked it took people that long, have never known Lydden as busy in that in 30 or so years! But I have only ever gone to watch rallycross, which doesn't get as big vrowds as fanboy drifting stuff invariably, as a lot of people who come to watch are modified car fans and they cover a wide area.

Ita a bank holiday aswell, and there was chuff all else on anywhere, so that might explain it.
Old 6 May 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3402835)   #336
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I think Dex is the most regular Lydden attendee here so he is probably in the best position to comment; but I've been to a number of rallycross and drift (Championship) events at Lydden and none have had anything close to the volume of traffic that the BHP Show has got in the last couple of years.
Old 6 May 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3402986)   #337
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And that explains a lot in their approach really doesnt it?
Old 6 May 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3403074)   #338
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As said lydden did nothing to help people in ,what a joke I was so so surprised the police were not there ,like said inside lane true British people queuing up but after 2hrs from 2 set of traffic lights 1mile from track enough was enough time to follow up the outside then got in
to me it was like pay £15 to get in and entertain yourself ,they put nothing on at all proper **** take .just a track day
all I saw was more burger van things to bring in more money
never again .
Then I heard it was all over the radio about a2 blocked how come the police never came then ,like they say never around when you need them
Old 6 May 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3403126)   #339
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And that explains a lot in their approach really doesnt it?
How do you mean? In terms of the sort of event they are running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
But I have only ever gone to watch rallycross, which doesn't get as big vrowds as fanboy drifting stuff invariably, as a lot of people who come to watch are modified car fans and they cover a wide area.
I missed this point earlier and, having attended British Drift and British Rallycross Championship events at Lydden, I would say the crowds for both are roughly equivalent in size.

I know drifting isn't popular amongst most of the posters in this part of the forum but, in my opinion, drifting is still a niche motorsport and Lydden is one of the few circuits it actually seems to work at (especially at this end of the country) so fair play to them for hosting it.

Moving back on topic something I did note whilst at Lydden yesterday was the control tower; structures aren't my field of engineering but I think they are going to need to work at a fair pace to get it finished in time...
Old 6 May 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3403136)   #340
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
What time would you advise arriving then?
Old 7 May 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3403249)   #341
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this talk of horrendous queues makes me wonder if it is worth camping?

Has anyone camped there before and is it family friendlyish only I will have a 7 year old with me?
Old 7 May 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3403258)   #342
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
My point is not about drifting

My point is about the modified car scene, which is showing levels of renaissance in this country. That is why the crowds would be large. PLus the bank holiday date.

In terms of events, I think it must be cheaper running those sort of events, you dont use as much track, you don't ned to tend to the shale, use toughblocks to line the course etc.

The scene has a lot of sponsor involvement, hence the constant Mnster tagging which Lydden has everywhere.

If the police arent informed, or told they might want to take a pass, why should they? Having a large meeting on the busiest stretch of road in the area should have made them aware, maybe there was an incident somewhere?

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, having a police traffic person there would be paid for? Unless there was an accident.
Old 7 May 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3403261)   #343
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
All this talk of horrendous queues makes me wonder if it is worth camping?
I wouldn't panic too much based on the BHP show horror stories.

I may end up eating my words, but if the entry queue for the World Rallycross is even half as severe as the BHP show I'll be hugely surprised. The World Rallycross takes place over a weekend so the arrival of people will be more spread out, plus I doubt the overall volume of traffic will be as high.

I'm sure there will be a line to the gate, but I certainly wouldn't expect the same level of gridlock. As I said a couple of posts up I've been to the British and European Rallycross rounds at Lydden the last few years and even the busiest of them haven't had anything close to the volume of traffic that the BHP show gets (and in the event there is a major queue, I would also expect a lot more courtesy/sense to be shown from the majority of rallycross spectators as well. )

If you want to secure a good spot to spectate by the fence though (and have plenty of time to nose round the paddock), its still worth getting there early!

Last edited by tbtstt; 7 May 2014 at 09:54.
Old 7 May 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3403371)   #344
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duval - RX Mettet - VW supercar

http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/rally...al-en-belgique
Old 7 May 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3403401)   #345
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news.

I don't really like the bodykit of the Ekstrom Audi.
Old 9 May 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3404062)   #346
jim199
Rookie

Australia
jim199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duval at Marklund for Belgium:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/05/09/...lycross-debut/
Old 26 May 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3411024)   #347
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Keersmaecher will drive Coox Scirocco at Mettet.

Quote:
“Over the winter we have started to built our own new Ford Fiesta, based on the R5 model. Chassis and suspension will be prepared by VA Engineering in cooperation with Swedish company Tibuc. The engine will come from Callaghan, the drivetrain from Unic. Our plan was to be ready for Mettet, but we postponed this project to wait for some new technical rules to come. Therefore, we decided to do Mettet in Jochen’s car,” said Michaël De Keersmaecker today.
http://erc24.com/archives/18192

What sort of new rules?
Old 27 May 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3411156)   #348
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regs are all over the places and everybody and his granny has another opinion about what they say and besides that the technical inspectors aren't super strict.
'there is no legal car in the paddock' says the drivers/constructors.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/t...uide-download/
Scroll a bit down for the 'view this issue on PC' link if not on a Ipoodle/Androithingy
Interviews with builders and drivers, all talk about the new 2015 regulations which should be better written then the old ones.
Old 27 May 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3411259)   #349
SchancheFan4ever
Rookie

SchancheFan4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's nice tot see WRX/ERX has such a great entry list with plenty of different cars (not only DS3 like last year). Now I was wondering if anybody knows if and when Prodrive will come in? Preseason they talked about several races with Girlain Chicherit driving. How about the Mini used by Doran last year in GRC?

And what about:
- Mats Lysen : Dit he retire?, will he make a comeback?, ...?
- Nasser AL Attiyah: hinted last year on a possible future WRX-campaign
- Kuypers: when will he debut his new car, will he compete in Mettet?
- Van Mechelen: I really hope he will find the budget tot compete in Mettet.
- Pedro Matos: Planned to do ERX + Portugal + France with a new DS3, didn't compete R1 and R2?
- Leppihalme
- Lindefjell
- Bermingrud
- Borseth
Old 27 May 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3411285)   #350
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchancheFan4ever View Post
Now I was wondering if anybody knows if and when Prodrive will come in? Preseason they talked about several races with Girlain Chicherit driving.
The same Guerlain Chicherit that bounced a Mini at Tignes this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmO0RKN9ww