Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 May 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3411287)   #351
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
The same Guerlain Chicherit that bounced a Mini at Tignes this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmO0RKN9ww
Yep, he and skateboard superstar Dany Way were several times claimed to do Rallycross with Prodrive MINIs.
Old 28 May 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3411736)   #352
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Regs are all over the places and everybody and his granny has another opinion about what they say and besides that the technical inspectors aren't super strict.
'there is no legal car in the paddock' says the drivers/constructors.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/t...uide-download/
Scroll a bit down for the 'view this issue on PC' link if not on a Ipoodle/Androithingy
Interviews with builders and drivers, all talk about the new 2015 regulations which should be better written then the old ones.
Downloaded this on Friday but only got a chance to sit down and read it last night.

Really enjoyable read and great to see so much information on the Supercars compiled together. Supercars are (in my eyes) incredible bits of engineering, yet there seems to be little comprehensive information on the respective builds.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3412433)   #353
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Peugeot Sport director Bruno Famin has ruled out a return to the World Rally Championship any time soon, saying World Rallycross offers better value.

Peugeot, the WRC's fourth most successful brand, is contesting World Rallycross with Hansen Motorsport this year, while also developing the 208 T16 R5 car and its all-new 2008 DKR in time for next year's Dakar.
"The current WRC fails to have good visibility," said Famin.
"The WRC is a European championship with two trips to South America, too little to define the world.
"It is better with rallycross in Argentina, Canada and Turkey and then in Russia - this scenario seems much better to me.
"I see the future of WRC very complicated."
Famin is not convinced that even beating a dominant manufacturer like Volkswagen would make Peugeot's return worthwhile.
"It would take at least €40m [to beat Volkswagen] and we do not have the budget. And if we did, would it be worth it?
"From what I hear, Volkswagen is not too happy with the return that comes from the World Rally Championship. I wonder how many years will it be staying?
"Above all, you would need a promoter who would put on the TV the spectacle that's there, but, unfortunately, nobody gets to see."
During its time in the World Rally Championship, Peugeot took 48 wins, five manufacturers' awards and four drivers' championships. The team left the WRC in 2005.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114190

€40 million vs around €500k? Or how much is Peugeot spending on Hansen?

How big are the budgets of teams like Hansen, OMSE and Marklund for entering 2 cars?
Old 29 May 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3412472)   #354
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ahve posted this on the aurtosport site, bit of interest but not much.

Hanses does most of the work, Oreca build the engines, Peugeot will be lending parts and tech support and some financial backing I guess.

He quotes poor tv and budget as reasons, Peogeot we all know are not at all flush, and Citroen are doing the best to destroy the WTCC by outspending everyone there as they nearly wrecked WRC by doing the same!

I find it great that a motorsport boss form a big compeny is looking at rallycross as a cheap alternative!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3413819)   #355
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Regs are all over the places and everybody and his granny has another opinion about what they say and besides that the technical inspectors aren't super strict.
'there is no legal car in the paddock' says the drivers/constructors.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/t...uide-download/
Scroll a bit down for the 'view this issue on PC' link if not on a Ipoodle/Androithingy
Interviews with builders and drivers, all talk about the new 2015 regulations which should be better written then the old ones.
Interesting read.

Didn't know rules are so unclear which results teams running illegal cars.

Alcon brakes are popular at the top teams.
I thought Sellholm gearboxes were used by some teams, but apparently they aren't (anymore).

So Peugeot wants do develop and build cars inhouse so Hansen has only to run cars. I am not sure that's the way rallycross should go. I prefer teams with get backing from manufacturers.

Quote:
‘The thrill about this sport is that you can build and design all of the uprights and things yourself,’ adds Pernilla. ‘In the WRC where we were before, you could only use homologated parts off the shelf. Here you can be more inventive and do your own things.
With manufacturers showing interest am I the only one who is worried the homologation monster will become part of rallycross (see Peugeot example above) and the independent built cars become history? Besides the racing itself one of the interesting things of rallycross is the technology.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3414169)   #356
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Atro Määttä participate in FIA World Rallycross Championship - Finland and Sweden event, car is Ford Fiesta Super Car.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3416720)   #357
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The homologation is free in rallycross because their isn't many who has the know-how of using it fully or the money for that matter. If a manufacture were to make a full-scale attack at rallycross they would probably dominate it in the next few years, or maybe even in their debut season. They would try to get the maximum out of every regulation to make the car as good as possible. This is how it is the WRC. Therefore, there are stricter rules in the WRC than in the RX. Manufactures will take over. I think that this may happen to the RX .. I just hope it won't ruin the sport
Old 17 Jun 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3423058)   #358
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at te standings for the European on rallycross.com and both Tohill and Skorupski are listed. I thought that if they had entered the World championship then they couldn't score in the European?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3423087)   #359
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Strange, innit...

Here Skorupski is WRX teammate of Doran and should actually not be able to score ERX points: http://www.rallycrossrx.com/team

But here he has been granted ERX points: http://www.rallycrossrx.com/standing/supercarerx

As I understood the new rules it should be Tohill to count ERX points, but he has been granted WRX points: http://www.rallycrossrx.com/standing/supercarwrx
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3425362)   #360
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
Here' another one, Liam Doran has been deducted 10 points according to the RallycrossRX points table, any ideas why?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3425399)   #361
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
No idea about what penalty yet.
ERX points currently not available and Skorupski now also in WRX standings...
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3425458)   #362
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
No idea about what penalty yet.
ERX points currently not available and Skorupski now also in WRX standings...
Now available again:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/standing/supercarerx

Last edited by FIRE; 23 Jun 2014 at 16:04.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3425467)   #363
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Here' another one, Liam Doran has been deducted 10 points according to the RallycrossRX points table, any ideas why?
Possibly a penalty following from on from his actions during his Dad's fire at the WRX Lydden Hill round? There was something on the notice board about it!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3425472)   #364
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What did Liam do at Lydden after the fire?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3425477)   #365
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Or did he use more than 2 turbos in a event?

Quote:
10.3.2 A Driver may use two (2) turbos in each Competition. The penalty
for any breach of this rule, the use of more than two (2) turbos in
any Competition, will be the deduction of ten (10) Championship
points for each offence. These points will be deducted from the
Driver’s Championship total.
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...29_updates.pdf
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3425488)   #366
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Or did he use more than 2 turbos in a event?

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...29_updates.pdf
Seems like a more plausible reason!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3425489)   #367
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
What did Liam do at Lydden after the fire?
Ran out onto a live circuit and shouted at officials.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3425583)   #368
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Theres a shocker! lol

He does it nearly every Lydden

I would have thought after the rather shambolic escapade of the Polo going up on Saturday, there might have been a bit more speed involved, these turbos are totally wound up so high theya re bombs really.

Pat knew where to park it, and yet it still took a little while to put it out. I know this is all heresay and I am not a marshal, but maybe that is what Liam was gobbing about, we all know he needs little motivation, especially when he probably built the thing!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 07:34 (Ref:3425754)   #369
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
To me the videos looked as if the petrol pump was still working on and feeding the fire. Defective master switch or simply not cut off...?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3425775)   #370
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
To me the videos looked as if the petrol pump was still working on and feeding the fire. Defective master switch or simply not cut off...?
It looked to me that the fire was being fed, which would certainly imply the cut off was defective or hadn't been pulled. I thought the marshalls were on it pretty quickly (and they had quite a bit of fire practice on the Saturday!). The marshalls from the post beside me (Paddock Hill Bend) were quick to run across with extra extinguishers when they couldn't get it out.

If I recall correctly it looked to have been extinguished at least once, then it flared up again.

Liam wasn't just "shouting", he was being downright abusive. Can understand that he was concerned for the car (I didn't build it and I was gutted to see it going up in flames!) but f-ing and c-ing at the marshalls wasn't really helping.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3425797)   #371
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Simple fact is you cannot really hide class in the heat of the moment, and this lad doesn't have too much class.

Can drive damn quick and put together a nice team, but that's about it, you would think those years with Kenneth would have at least helped in that regard.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3425805)   #372
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Liam wasn't just "shouting", he was being downright abusive............... but f-ing and c-ing at the marshalls wasn't really helping.
I didnt want to go into too much detail!
Old 29 Jul 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3439601)   #373
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARCELONA ADDED TO WORLD RX CALENDAR FOR 2015

The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will play host to a round of next year’s FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy.* The track, which is home to both the Formula One Grand Prix as well as the MotoGP Grand Prix, will stage the Barcelona RX race in September 2015.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3439633)   #374
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
Dorans penalty was for incorrect/ lack of FIA log book in Norway
Old 29 Jul 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3439652)   #375
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union