Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2003, 16:43 (Ref:623951)   #51
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Ferries to seem to be running more or less normally. My wife came via P & O to Calais on Thursday pm and only a slight delay. Sea France had delays, but nothing serious. Tunnel running like clockwork.
Life here in France is fairly unaffected, except Paris public transport and consequent road traffic problems, and teachers and civil servants messing up education and demonstrating in the centre of large towns. So avoid large town centres.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 17:25 (Ref:623963)   #52
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rouen is on many peoples route to LM, is it just Centre Ville or is there congestion all around ?

What about Le Mans center Friday afternoon/evening ?

I suppose any demonstrators with any sense will keep well clear of the area though.

Simon
Old 7 Jun 2003, 23:59 (Ref:624170)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess we could always demonstrate where they should insert their industrial action if they give us any problems.....
Old 8 Jun 2003, 16:28 (Ref:624711)   #54
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Rouen is on many peoples route to LM, is it just Centre Ville or is there congestion all around ?

What about Le Mans center Friday afternoon/evening ?
Closed for the drivers parade !

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
I suppose any demonstrators with any sense will keep well clear of the area though.
Heh, not sure, they could use the situation to have the medias...
Old 8 Jun 2003, 16:29 (Ref:624712)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I guess we could always demonstrate where they should insert their industrial action if they give us any problems.....
Not kidding, dodge them if you can, some are violent nowadays... just be patient, they leave the cars go, just explain you go to the race when you're at a demonstration point...
Old 9 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:626371)   #56
SL
Veteran

Hope this does not affect anyone......

From P & O website:

Due to strike action by the Cherbourg Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday 10th June, the 0715 Portsmouth to Cherbourg and the 1200 Cherbourg to Portsmouth fastcraft sailings have been cancelled. For further information please telephone 08705 20 20 20.
The scheduled 1630 hours arrival from Bilbao(10/6)is now due at 1715 hours.
All other sailings are running to schedule.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:23 (Ref:626713)   #57
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Another terrible day today because of strikes

hope it'll be only today ( again )
Old 10 Jun 2003, 06:49 (Ref:626748)   #58
rcs
Rookie

rcs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SL
[B]Hope this does not affect anyone......

From P & O website:

Due to strike action by the Cherbourg Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday 10th June, snip

'Cherbourg Chamber of Commerce?' - isn't that a contradiction of terms ?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:59 (Ref:626794)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by rcs 'Cherbourg Chamber of Commerce?' - isn't that a contradiction of terms ?
Weird isn't it ? Actually, the Chambers of Commerce are very seldom in strike : I think it's the dockers that are...

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 08:00.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:49 (Ref:626897)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Hope this does not affect anyone......

From P & O website:

Due to strike action by the Cherbourg Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday 10th June, the 0715 Portsmouth to Cherbourg and the 1200 Cherbourg to Portsmouth fastcraft sailings have been cancelled. For further information please telephone 08705 20 20 20.
The scheduled 1630 hours arrival from Bilbao(10/6)is now due at 1715 hours.
All other sailings are running to schedule.
I don't like the sound of that. We're on the express sailing on Thursday afternoon.....
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:15 (Ref:626924)   #61
tink
Rookie

tink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just rang sea france and they say crossings are currently suspended from dover-calais and they're transferring passengers to other operators. they expect similar problems tomorro

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Jun 2003 at 12:43.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:25 (Ref:627016)   #62
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by tink
french
Delighted !

Remember that french people suffer of it too, and that the majority of people here would like to see that mess stopped...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:44 (Ref:627025)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No need for that kind of language tink - you're speaking of our hosts in a few days......
Old 10 Jun 2003, 13:11 (Ref:627076)   #64
tink
Rookie

sorry guys, nothin personal!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:14 (Ref:627129)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
sorry guys, nothin personal!
I just hope you'll enjoy your trip and your stay in France : most of french people will welcome you, I'm positive of that !
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:30 (Ref:627153)   #66
tink
Rookie

thats cool. i like france and the people. i'm just get stressed the day before my big trip. vous etes tres agreable

Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:43 (Ref:627165)   #67
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
thats cool. i like france and the people. i'm just get stressed the day before my big trip. vous etes tres agreable

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 14:44.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:39 (Ref:627230)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Come on - more news of the problems Monsieur Fab, s'il vous plait!!!

I need encouragement that we're going to be OK.....
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:52 (Ref:627247)   #69
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Sorry, still no clear news...

Just think of the and the ...

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 15:53.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:53 (Ref:627248)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone travaling P&O via Dover - Calais - I checked there website early today, everything looks OK
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:57 (Ref:627251)   #71
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just checked : strikes and demonstrations in the marine transports expected for the 10, 12 and 15th of June...

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 15:59.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:05 (Ref:627258)   #72
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so thats Today, Thrusday and next Sunday - I fear many Brits may be stuck on in France on Monday..........
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:15 (Ref:627264)   #73
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The knock on effect will have massive impact Monday I fear, bit less concerned about going back to work than making the race however.
Good luck everyone thats it I'm off.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:627266)   #74
SL
Veteran

Nothing Wednesday ? Thats good as thats the day we go to France.

Not that concerned about returning Monday as not working till at least Friday. It will just be inconvinient.

Simon
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:627269)   #75
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how that will affect my ferry crossings. I leave at 23:45 on wednesday - will they let it sail if it's going to arrive on thursday morning? Also, my return is at 23:30 on sunday - will we just have to wait around for half an hour before we can leave? I don't have any experience with ferries and strikes.