Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Feb 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1215482)   #1
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daytona 24 in the chatroom / online resources / weekend sked

The 10/10ths.com chatroom will be hosting a live discussion of the daytona 24hr race starting at 11am EST (4pm GMT) on the 5th of Feb. For those of you who have never visited the chatroom before there are a number of ways to access it:

1. the ten-tenths link: visit http://tentenths.com/chat and click "join in"
  2. the parcferme link: http://www.parcferme.com/chat.php (requires java)
  3. via an irc chat client: the server is irc.phishy.net, port is 6667 and the channel is #motorsport
A Log of the chat will be provided to those who are unable to make the chat live (link will be posted at teh beginning of the race). If you have any difficulties accessing the chatroom, please let me know via pm or email

Wens
Old 2 Feb 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1215540)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Live Timing and Scoring:

http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/G...erican_800.asp

Apparently there will be webradio too, I'll put the link in when I find it.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1216653)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Radio Update:

Motor Racing Network (NASCAR radio) will be carrying opening and closing hour broadcasts, as well as half hour updates.

Here's what they say:

Quote:
Saturday - Sunday: MRN Radio's Coverage of the Rolex 24 at Daytona from Daytona International Speedway begins with live opening hour coverage at 12:30 PM, Eastern, Saturday. MRN will have live half-hour updates at 5:30 PM and 10:30 PM, Eastern, as well as 8:30 AM, Eastern, on Sunday. Closing hour coverage on Sunday begins at 12:30 PM, Eastern.
Their website is here:

http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/MRNRadio/index.cfm

You can look at their list of affiliates and crossreference them to this online radio list:

http://www.qsl.net/g3yrc/radio-online/USA/Florida.htm

If I find a dedicated broadcast I'll post that.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1216662)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Schedule for track activity (and LT+S):

P1 02/03 10:00 AM
P2 02/03 1:30 PM
Q1 02/03 3:45 PM
P3 02/03 6:00 PM
P4 02/04 9:30 AM
Q2 02/04 11:40 AM
CQ1 02/04 12:30 PM
P5 02/04 1:00 PM
CP1 02/04 2:00 PM
R1 02/05 12:00 PM

All times Eastern.

Last edited by paul-collins; 3 Feb 2005 at 16:30.

-Bill James
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1216669)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that Paul !
Old 4 Feb 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1217522)   #6
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
If MRN is really covering the first and last hours, why are they starting a half hour in to the race, and again, a half hour after it's over? (The 12:30 tiimes you list) The Race starts at 12 noon. I'm afraid all is not well in Egypt.... I e-m'd them inquiring about the same, and they never replied. Methinks one should not count on the MRN coverage.

jimclark
Old 4 Feb 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1217716)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Radio:

http://www.grandamerican.com/Content...05/english.asx

If not, go to the Grand Am web page -> http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/Event.asp?ID=77

-Bill James
Old 5 Feb 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1218237)   #8
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live log from the chatroom is available here: http://195.137.42.141/daytona.htm the page will auto refresh every 30s

Wens
Old 5 Feb 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1218252)   #9
Gt-One
Rookie

Gt-One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Radio-link doesn't work for me, anyone got any tips
Old 5 Feb 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1218266)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you may need the lastest Windows media player ?...its working fine for me at the moment .

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx
Old 5 Feb 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1218283)   #11
Gt-One
Rookie

Gt-One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I was a little premature and the channel wasn't online yet. Now its working just fine. Thanks anyway
Old 5 Feb 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1218286)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to Cybersdorf, I solve my "radio" problems with this URL :
http://www.grandamerican.com/content...05/English.asx
Old 6 Feb 2005, 05:37 (Ref:1218598)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ok so (call me stoopid ) but how do I post in the chat room , Im logged on , can see the conversation , typed hello o the room and pressed eneter but nothing ??????
Old 6 Feb 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1218622)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I had this problem too... if it keeps on failing, try to connect again...
Old 6 Feb 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1218737)   #15
wensleydale
Veteran

England
sorry about that, if it happens again, you could always try the link from parc ferme. Thats a different client so may work better for you.