Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Aug 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2271090)   #26
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport Fan
Dutton,

Edinburgh is the plan. The reasons? Well, too numerous to mention, but the -35C and 5ft snowbanks in Northern Ontario for a start....I'll take some scottish rain please.

Besides, you could go to Knockhill in the middle of January and see something on track other than snow!

Wife and I are young enough in our lives for that kind of change.
Welcome to Scotland - look forward to you changing your handle to Knockhill Fan

Mariantic ( over the hills in Deeside)
Old 18 Aug 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2271117)   #27
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the entry lists on PlanetLeMans, the IMSA site and ALMS site, Risi still hasn't announced a partner for Harrison Brix at Mosport. Any rumors floating around? I guess Bell is out since he is driving at Bucharest for CR Scuderia. Is Mowlem available?

DK
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2271294)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How about Pat Long .... lol
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2271311)   #29
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How about Pat Long .... lol
Why don't you talk with The Captain about releasing him!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:09 (Ref:2271319)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Long is a Porsche factory driver-I highly doubt that Porsche would let him go to the "Dark Side".
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:09 (Ref:2271320)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Long is a Porsche factory driver-I highly doubt that Porsche would let him go to the "Dark Side".
I think that was rather the backbone of the humour, yes.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:10 (Ref:2271321)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Why don't you talk with The Captain about releasing him!
Whose the Captain ? ... lol
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2271322)   #33
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Whose the Captain ? ... lol
Serious question? If yes: Roger Penske. If no: you Porsche acolytes should be more respectful of ol' Roger!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:26 (Ref:2271327)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Right ..... missed that ..... I do respect him , one hell of a kiddy and runs a hard show ..... just hate the colors on his cars .

I was working at an airport in Italy a few years ago , about the time that DHL changed into that putrid yellow & red , rounded the corner and saw this Boeing in that livery ..... its truely obnoxious , really it is !!!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2271528)   #35
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The colour change IIRC came about because Deutsche Post bought DHL around 2000. DP's colours were yellow and IIRC Black, so they merged the colouration of the two brands. I normally like yellow and red, but in this case, I thought the burgandy and white of 'old' DHL was quite unique.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2271623)   #36
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Pretty sure you're right about yellow and black, Andy. The red/yellow is pretty unfortunate, I agree, but I'd rather that livery on Penske's cars than no Penske cars at all! Let's hope that is not the case next year.

It seems that, at least according to DSC, there will be no #61 Ferrari for Risi at Mosport. I guess either no partner can be sourced, or Brix did not feel like coughing up the cash. Too bad, Risi has almost always run a second car at Mosport, even the Ferri car many a year ago when they were running only 1 the rest of the year.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2271679)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody know if the Panoz is going to be running a new engine for Mosport? I remember hearing something about that, but can't find the article.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2271788)   #38
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
I think it was mentioned in the Road America broadcast on Speed, maybe in an interview with, or quoting, Joey Hand. Would be great if they could get a new lump in there to go with the new shape and the aero concessions. I know we'll get our 3-marque dice next year anyway, but I have a fondness for seeing an underdog occasionally taste success.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2273494)   #39
anthonyvop
Rookie

United States
Miami, Florida
anthonyvop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Why would Porsche let him Drive for McLaren?
Old 22 Aug 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2273503)   #40
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage of the test session now at radiolemans.com
Old 22 Aug 2008, 19:30 (Ref:2273522)   #41
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far I have not seen (or heard anything about) the second Risi Ferrari. Will it just not be running or will they have it out later?

DK
Old 22 Aug 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2273525)   #42
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
it isnt running at Mosport.

also- Spotter Guide updated for mosport, just in case you didnt see the other thread www.spotterguides.com
Old 22 Aug 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2273529)   #43
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
it isnt running at Mosport.

also- Spotter Guide updated for mosport, just in case you didnt see the other thread www.spotterguides.com
I was just wondering since it has been listed in every entry list posted on IMSA and ALMS site as well as planet lemans as Brix/TBA. I guess they just pulled it at the last minute.

DK
Old 22 Aug 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2273575)   #44
mpme
Rookie

United States
CA
mpme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
I was just wondering since it has been listed in every entry list posted on IMSA and ALMS site as well as planet lemans as Brix/TBA. I guess they just pulled it at the last minute.

DK
#61 is back for Detroit with Rob Bell and TBD. I hope to have an interview I did with Mr. Risi earlier in the week up shortly on this topic and many more.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2273641)   #45
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Qualifying will be LIVE streamed with RLM commentating:

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4667
Old 23 Aug 2008, 06:02 (Ref:2273656)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi is having to rebuild the #2 car, as the track is coming apart in turns 4 & 5 with the pieces of tarmac being big enough to crack the tub to the point of needing to be replaced! link

L.P.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2273863)   #47
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Audi is having to rebuild the #2 car, as the track is coming apart in turns 4 & 5 with the pieces of tarmac being big enough to crack the tub to the point of needing to be replaced! link

L.P.
Yes, I did have a little worry in my tummy over that one. The car looked okay, but looking into it, the tub was going to hell in a handbag..
Old 23 Aug 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2273888)   #48
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intersport in P4 after 1st practice?

What is the world coming to??
Old 23 Aug 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2273935)   #49
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free practise is running now? Live timing isnt working for me
Old 23 Aug 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2273939)   #50
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is the live timing working for you guys, cos it aint for me
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.