Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2000, 05:00 (Ref:35673)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
on truck pole at richmond, does this bloke show a bit of talent or what!
Old 8 Sep 2000, 18:00 (Ref:35786)   #2
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know. I think I must be the only person who questions his driving ability. I was at the Daytona truck race (quite a race, BTW) and I saw him cause at least three accidents (the Geoff Bodine accident, putting his TEAMMATE Biffle in the wall, and one other one on the front straight early in the race).

He has done rather well for himself this year, but look at the competition and what truck he's in.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 04:12 (Ref:35916)   #3
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Jared,
No, you are not the only one to feel this way, I have not been impressed by Busch, and I do not believe he is ready to move up to Winston Cup next year!
Old 9 Sep 2000, 06:24 (Ref:35927)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have never seen a truck race, just the results, but thanks anyway...
Old 9 Sep 2000, 13:03 (Ref:35960)   #5
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gomick,
I'm sorry you haven't been able to see a truck race. Do they not televise them there? If you ever get to the States, make sure you attend one (try to go to a short track, its better racing), they do alot of beating and banging, their not afraid to swap a little paint! Their events are like Winston Cup use to (and still should) be. It's a very exciting series.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 15:09 (Ref:35980)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
trucks dont get a mention in oz, nascar and busch races we see though, thru 2 different pay tv stations, i only got one so i see about half of each...luv nascar though, go ward burton in the cat car....
Old 18 Sep 2000, 06:12 (Ref:37789)   #7
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes this Kurt Busch is for real. If you do a search under my handle, you will have found that I ranked him as one of the future stars in NASCAR and one to keep an eye on, back in June or July.

It has been reported that he will race the #97 car next year--in the car currently occupied by Chad Little.
Old 18 Sep 2000, 12:21 (Ref:37824)   #8
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was reported that Busch's test time at Dover would have earned him the outside pole at the June race. Does this mean anything? Not really, when you consider Kerry Earnhardt's test time at MIS was good for 7th in the Junbe race there, but qualified in the upper 30s, and promptly lost the backend shortly into the race.
Old 30 Oct 2000, 08:56 (Ref:45823)   #9
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTW, what an impressive rookie season for Kurt Busch in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. Four wins and finishing second in the final points standings. I think it is safe to say that he has a very bright future ahead of him in Winston Cup. He will move there next year.
Old 30 Oct 2000, 20:22 (Ref:45958)   #10
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On his rookie Cup season, who wants to take bets on how many people he crashes? Let's see, he put Mike Wallace out to win at Dover and he crashed Dale Jr. and Terry Labonte at Rockingham. I'm still not impressed with his driving. Look at the truck he's in (one of a handful of top rides in the truck series).

What strikes me as funny is that Busch, with one year of truck racing, goes straight to Cup, while his more experienced teammate, Biffle, with several years of truck experience and a title to boot, goes to BGN next year. Wierd.

Still, how about Kevin Harvick at Memphis? Good drive, good driver.
Old 30 Oct 2000, 21:47 (Ref:45981)   #11
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"What strikes me as funny is that Busch, with one year of truck racing, goes straight to Cup, while his more experienced teammate, Biffle, with several years of truck experience and a title to boot, goes to BGN next year. Wierd."

Biffle, in his own words, says he needs to do this "the right way" cause he's so old(relatively) that he can't afford to be a flop in cup. Busch, meanwhile, can take a risk at failing but still have time to recoup
Old 31 Oct 2000, 06:27 (Ref:46020)   #12
Joe Fan
Veteran

Jared, Jack Roush has said that he has never seen a driver pick up things as quickly as Kurt Busch has. He is a quick study and has tremendous talent. That is why is jumping to Cup so quickly. I don't care what series you are in, to finish second in the final point standings your rookie year in the series is damn impressive. Remember that a Craftsman Truck is probably closer to a Cup car than a BGN car.