Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 May 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3072180)   #301
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Stevens View Post
John likewise it was great to catch up with you and also meet Peter who was hovering near the Warwick as we were about to leave!
I wasn't hovering, I was shivering!

Good to meet up at last.
Old 10 May 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3072187)   #302
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
OK, everyone- just nipped home to see if Autosport had arrived. It had and 360 race meeting gets a page, plus more words and a pic of the LM start (looks good!) on another page!

Not bad as Donington only got a double spread.....

Races written up are 6hs, Touring Greats and GT greats. The races not featured are as usual listed on results page.

Well done Oli.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 10 May 2012 at 11:44.
Old 10 May 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3072209)   #303
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I would have paid good money to have seen that, Terri in full flight!!!!!!

Sadly, I missed meeting up with both Terri and Grant at the weekend and lots of others too. Many thanks to John T. and Andrew K. for the pics. of our boys in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
You should have seen Terri stalking him down the pitlane after that. If it appeared that the 'roving reporter' was confined to somewhere near garage 26 for the next several minutes, it's cos he was trying to avoid her...!
Old 10 May 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3072213)   #304
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
oh that is SO not true - I didn't stalk him! Much.....

Anyway, we all got more interested in the Safety Car and the pitstops that followed!

Eamonn, sorry to have missed you, but I did blue flag you extensively on Saturday and also got covered in the lovely champagne you provided on Sunday!
Old 10 May 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3072267)   #305
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I was unable to stay for Race 4 which was the HRDC MGB50 race so if anyone has any pics of it, now is the time to put them up.
This is my selction, so far from the HRDC sessions
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/kel...7629622658478/
all images © Kelvin Fagan 2012

Last edited by Kelvin; 10 May 2012 at 14:01.
Old 10 May 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3072407)   #306
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Richard, thanks for kind remarks, particularly coming from a pro! It's a matter of timing - you have to push the button 2/3 seconds in front of the anticipated shot time/position. Also not too clever with side on shots as the shutter speed 'freezes' the wheels and you lose the sense of movement. Anyway, hoping for my other camera back soon, if it hasn't been sold on! You should put the link in to your pics; everyone else does!
John I would have included a link to my pics but I was under the impression that links to wesites was not allowed on here. however I guess I can say that my name is Richard Styles and I am involved in photography ... .... That might help.

As far as coverage in MSN and Autosport is concerned I do provide both publications with Snett images, and as Mike rightly says, Autosport has a reasonable amount of coverage of the event. MSN has not covered any Snett clubbies this season, not just this one. A sign of the times I am afraid to say. Also its not just a case of someone sending a few words and a pic hoping it might be used as was suggested. We are all commisioned by the publications to submit only what they have space to accomodate, including an exact word count for each meeting or race. I hope that clarifies the situation regarding mag inclusion.

Richard S
Old 10 May 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3072414)   #307
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Richard. Post the link we don't mind. The problem arises when you want to promote links. Not when you are providing info.
Old 10 May 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3072415)   #308
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
`
Anyway, hoping for my other camera back soon, if it hasn't been sold on!
I got 15 euros for it in Mojacar flea market cheers
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1231.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 May 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3072416)   #309
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hi Richard. Post the link we don't mind. The problem arises when you want to promote links. Not when you are providing info.
Well that fine then Peter. Its www.richardstylesphotography.co.uk

I am just about to put some more 360MC pics up.

Richard S
Old 11 May 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3072532)   #310
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Can I just say a thank you to all those that have posted links to their photos. These and threads on this forum go a long way to make up for the lack of coverage in printed media nowadays! Cheers, all.

Richard, I get your point about being commissioned to provide reports- long gone are the days when my late mother would hand write a report of her club's latest hockey game and post it to the EDP for inclusion!

Old 11 May 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3072546)   #311
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was quite pleased with the shot of you driving through the esses. I actually caught your reflection in the door mirror.
Old 11 May 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3072557)   #312
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Hope you had it cleaned first, Gordon, otherwise it'll come back!

Richard, spot on with your comments re mag. And, Peter is right; you are a contributor and friend of the site, so no problem putting your link in when ever you have on topic shots to show.
Old 11 May 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3072570)   #313
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.richardstylesphotography....512/4564063110

great shot of Tony's Alfa warming its tyres!

was nice to see Ollis write ups, and agree with above, its the forum, spectators, and competitors that seem to provide the better coverage.

I must remember to put the camera back in my car for SPa.
Old 11 May 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3072571)   #314
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
and you blew it on a bar! did the lake come free or was that the zoom lens money?
Old 11 May 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3072595)   #315
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still have the zoom lens!
Old 11 May 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3072596)   #316
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
[url]was nice to see Ollis write ups, and agree with above, its the forum, spectators, and competitors that seem to provide the better coverage.
Inevitable really, as we have no space/word or timescale restraints compared to the mags. I still haven't seen olli's report as Autosport not yet delivered (live in the sticks!)

About to launch into Race 6!
Old 11 May 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3072608)   #317
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 6 - HRDC Touring Greats = Pre 60

Starters - 27
Classified - 20

Good field of cars for this 45 minute race with compulsory stop. In truth, I actually don't remember too much about this race other than it was dominated by 3 x Jaguar Mk1 saloons with Nigel Webb (11) coming out on top after Peter Burton (69) retired but Webb only just pipped Peter Dorlin (48) who crossed the line 0.7 secs later. I understand that an A40 rolled at the beginning and that accounts for the damage to the rear nearside wing of one of the XK150s. I also understand that the A40 landed back on its wheels and was driven back to the pits although I did not see it and I note that a pair of A40s retired on that first lap so not sure which one had the drama. Also pleased to get a pic of Tenther Brian Arculus in his Hillman Minx (71) as that retired after just 4 laps. Anyway to make up for the lack of race account, I'll put up 3 posts of pics!
Attached Thumbnails
360MRC7May2012 002wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 005wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 007wb.jpg  

360MRC7May2012 012wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 022wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 039wb.jpg  

Old 11 May 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3072614)   #318
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 6 - HRDC Touring Greats - Pre 60 (2)

Due to the length of the race, I was able to take pics from two locations.
Also, just had a call to confirm that Gordon didn't sell my camera and it is about to be cleaned/repaired at very reasonable cost! Oh, and my Autosport has just been delivered - thought you'd want to know that!
Attached Thumbnails
360MRC7May2012 054wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 058wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 063wb.jpg  

360MRC7May2012 068wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 095wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 102wb.jpg  

Old 11 May 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3072619)   #319
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 6 - HRDC Touring Greats - Pre 60 (3)

Last lot:-
Attached Thumbnails
360MRC7May2012 107wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 111wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 120wb.jpg  

360MRC7May2012 142wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 013wb.jpg   360MRC7May2012 097wb.jpg  

Old 11 May 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3072644)   #320
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just seen the report in this week's Autosport - very astute
Old 11 May 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3072654)   #321
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics of the Touring Greats, John and Richard. The rolling A40 and its miraculous continuation happened right in front of me but I have some problem with my forward-camera datacard so no video. I was trialling a new rearcam, first lap here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_gYByD-10&feature=youtu.be
Bit wide angle so plenty of dark brooding sky. Not an Oystercatcher in sight though. Stills aren’t bad either, but perhaps if I’d spent more time driving rather than hopping into the back seat and flipping the black cloak over my head to expose the glass plates we might have achieved a better place. It took plenty of trial and even more error to learn the full 300 infield section, the hairpin is especially unpleasant. Bogged a couple of times and the resultant frantic downchanges gave Stephen Chase in the following A40 some palpitations until I got my act together and could finally pull away. In increasingly slippery conditions, Roberto brought us home in 10th, the car’s best showing in HRDC so far, looking forward to Donington.
Attached Thumbnails
A40 - 3copy.jpg   Borgward - 1copy.jpg   MG  Borgward - 1 copy.jpg  

MG  Standard - 1copy.jpg   Rapier - 1copy.jpg  
Old 11 May 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3072749)   #322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
Bit wide angle so plenty of dark brooding sky. Not an Oystercatcher in sight though. Stills aren’t bad either, but perhaps if I’d spent more time driving rather than hopping into the back seat and flipping the black cloak over my head to expose the glass plates we might have achieved a better place.
Period correct in-car camera- I like that idea!
Old 11 May 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3072795)   #323
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
"and Graham with the 917K replica (25) which looks absolutely spot on and I defy anyone to tell the difference from the real thing from the outside".
Thankyou John. I hope one day i,ll have it fully sorted so that it goes somewhat better than on Saturday.First time out for newly rebuilt engine and oil pressure switch undoes itself in practice and covers rear end in oil and in the race i ran out of fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!
The real problem though is still the dreadfull gearchanging problems with the 915 gearbox which is costing me between 10 and 17 seconds a lap !!!!
Thats why i was lifting off and not attempting to get into the next gear or not being able to find any gear at times. Four times i went under the bridge and through the esses in neutral and i know by the comments from some of the marshalls at days end that they wondered what the hell i was playing at !!!!!! Sorry folks.......will try harder.
Old 11 May 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3072843)   #324
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also pleased to get a pic of Tenther Brian Arculus in his Hillman Minx (71) as that retired after just 4 laps.

I retired Minnie the Minx as she was showing a distinct lack of oil pressure. The series of right handers starting with Oggies was clearly forcing the oil half way up the side of the engine and a small re-engineering of the sump is in order. I killed the engine well in time so there was no bearing damage. A new set of big ends are going in anyway - just to be sure.

We need to do something about the strange way that Rootes mounted the anti-roll bar. It's only attached to the lower wishbones with no connection to the body/chassis.

I am also investigating wheels as I'm not a great fan of old steel wheels and some nice period alloys could be finding their way onto the car before Donington.

Starting to get prepared for Spa - my all time favourite track.
Old 12 May 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3072924)   #325
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have pretty much completed the upload of photos now onto flickr, the link
is on the HRDC website go to the 'Gallery' @ www.hrdc.eu

If you dont see your car, I still may have a picture, please don't hesitate to ask.

I was going to Spa, but now can't make it
See you at Donington!
Kelvin