Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Dec 2003, 14:03 (Ref:817430)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"RS and JPM will get equal treatment" : Theissen

cant expect him to say any different really...
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...21122202.shtml

at present they are the strongest line-up in terms of pts quly performances etc.

so now when RS beats JPM to reason to whine for JPM

*expecting backlash from JPM fanatics*
Old 21 Dec 2003, 14:08 (Ref:817432)   #2
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't really matter who wins just as long as Williams wins!
Old 21 Dec 2003, 14:28 (Ref:817442)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is the best shot for RS winning the WDC. JPM will never get the same treatment. Hopefully RS drives like he did for a few of the mid-season races where he seemed much faster than JPM. He was even making passes. I never liked him but those few races showed me that the talent is there he just needs to put his head down.
Old 21 Dec 2003, 15:32 (Ref:817473)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: "RS and JPM will get equal treatment" : Theissen

Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan

so now when RS beats JPM to reason to whine for JPM

*expecting backlash from JPM fanatics*
Who had the greater chance of the WDC in 2003? Rafe with his 3 podiums and 58 points or JPM with his 9 podiums and 82 points?

Williams and BMW would be fools to put all their eggs in Rafes basket, that would be to the detriment of the team.

Sure, if JPM won the WDC and took the number 1 to McLaren that would pain them, but what are they paying him for in 2004? They are paying him to help them win the WCC and go for the WDC also.
Old 21 Dec 2003, 21:37 (Ref:817650)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ralf fan what is this thread about? The good news that BMW and Williams will just let them race as before OR is it flame bait intended to incite a JPM v Ralf bar room brawl? Of course I assume it is the first (because if it was the second the thread would be closed ).

Anyway, I think this confirms what most assumed. Williams nor BMW would stand in the way of either driver, all next year's chmapionship races are held in 2004 and they want to in the 2004 championship. Good stuff.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 00:34 (Ref:817811)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Hopefully RS drives like he did for a few of the mid-season races where he seemed much faster than JPM. He was even making passes. I never liked him but those few races showed me that the talent is there he just needs to put his head down.
Ralf was quiet odd this year was'nt he. In 2003 we witnessed both the best and worst of Ralf Schumacher. I have never seen him drive as good (or bad) in a previous season.

Have to agree with MrV (grinds teeth) that this year Monty had his measure. IMO Ralf nailed him good and proper in year 1 (and should have), pretty equal in 2002, and Monty came out on top this year.

Not a good trend for Ralf is it?

As for BMW not supporting JPM for the championship, thats just silly. They want to win, and what car the number 1 sits on next year means almost nothing (who can see the numbers nowadays anyway).

The right PR will have Mercedes 'purchasing' it from champions BMW anyway.

Michaels gonna clean them both anyway
Old 22 Dec 2003, 07:43 (Ref:818000)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just can't understand why an evenly treatment by FW should be put in doubt: could anyone show me when did they behave differently?
Of course, they won't make JPM test the 2005 car, but so what?
Provided everyone know that FW's first goal is the WCC, it's clear that this title canno be won counting on the effort of one sole driver.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 09:10 (Ref:818031)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite right Climb.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 10:06 (Ref:818057)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If we get to midseason and Montoya is well behind Ralf in the championship, whether through his own fault or not (bearing in mind that Juan is rarely a lucky driver), the focus might adjust towards Ralf, certainly in terms of the new parts (which will of course have an influence on the 2005 car). It could work teh other way around though - Ralf getting new parts before they're guaranteed reliable, and Montoya getitng a more consistant tried & trusted setup.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 10:40 (Ref:818081)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Have to agree with MrV (grinds teeth)
Bet it pains you to agree with me
Old 22 Dec 2003, 16:23 (Ref:818272)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Ralf fan what is this thread about? The good news that BMW and Williams will just let them race as before OR is it flame bait intended to incite a JPM v Ralf bar room brawl? Of course I assume it is the first (because if it was the second the thread would be closed ).
well there have been remarks from some members that JPM would not be given equal treatment... so just thought it appropriate to THEISSENS view on the matter.. (not that he will openly say if the are planning not to give JPM equal treatment.)

the last sentence was kind of my opinion on who i think will come out on top not that my opinion counts!!
Old 22 Dec 2003, 16:26 (Ref:818275)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
BTW my view is same as those of most on this thread... JPM and RS will be given equal support to go and win races until a time comes where only one of them can win the title.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 17:12 (Ref:818298)   #13
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If both of these guys start 2004 on the same team, (and thats a big IF IMO), I agree they will be treated equally at first but at some point things are bound to change. For example say the constructors title is won before season end and the 2 drivers are in contention for the WDC, human nature dictates that Ralf gets the the edge from his team. Logically RD, PH and FW cannot be overly comfortable with the current situation and I'm pretty sure that back room talks have not concluded yet. Perhaps a game of "chicken" between the 2 teams ? ... and to remain status quo, would be a stalemate. (Although Ferrari could end up as the only benefactor).
Old 6 Jan 2004, 00:12 (Ref:828999)   #14
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is more proof there will be no equal treatment in the team. Usually by mid season teams introduce new developments that may be on the next car. JPM will not be privy to these. He better get out to a blistering start and hope RS has some DNF's if he wants the drivers title.

http://www.f1i.com/articles/ARTICLE_547301.html
Old 6 Jan 2004, 00:28 (Ref:829012)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Luckily for Montoya the 2005 Williams won't be ready until next year.

Tags
jpm