Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 Jan 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2110083)   #26
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
Mine was in a driving school car!

Came up to a very narrow T-junction in an old part of town with cobbled streets. There was a car parked directly opposite the road I was on. My instructor had given me instructions to turn right at this T-junction and I remember thinking that if I wasn't careful I would hit the parked car.

I got to the junction, braked, looked both ways, then my foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator My instructor immediately hit the brake on the dual controls. As it had been raining for the first time in 6 weeks, the roads were very greasy and I slid gently into the parked car. I still maintain that if my instructor had kept his feet off his controls I'd have got away with it.

Anyway, the story didn't end there. My instructor went looking for the owner of the car I'd hit. No-one in the street knew who it belonged to, so he was left with no option but to report it to the police.

I was out with a friend one night when there was a knock on mother's front door (about 10.30 pm). She opened it to find a policeman standing there saying it was about my accident. She panicked, thinking I'd been involved in something serious. But no, he just wanted to speak to me about crashing into a parked car and would I please call at the local police station for a word.

I went and had said word (or several). The first thing the police did was give me a notice of intended prosecution for driving without due care and attention. The second thing they did was thank me for finding the car which had been stolen and used on false number plates for some time.
well fancy seeing you here!

the most interesting thing that happened on my driving lessons was taking a wrong turn and ending up on the M621 going towards the south Leeds stadium

i had to get in the shoulder
Old 21 Jan 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2110562)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was on a main road waiting to turn right when an old boy pulled out from the road I wanted to go along and crashed into the drivers door. I was a little annoyed as it was a customers newish car. But I had a good witness as the car behind me was a cop car, and when they spoke to him he said he had broken his glasses and was going to the optician .
I also had a guy crash into the back of my tow van at a pedestrian crossing and the tow ball went right through his radiator and got "dog knotted"
He didn't see the funny side when my other half suggested that he should throw a bucket of water over his car
I was towing my Hot Rod to Wimbledon Stadium and some prat pulled out of a junction to my left and tried to get between the van and trailer. That was "interesting" as I was still doing about 30mph !!!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jan 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2110661)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After being taught by one of the country's best instructors and passing my test first time,still driving with the courteous mind set instilled in me three weeks previous,I decided that see-ing as nothing was too close behind that I would stop for the little old lady waiting at the Zebra crossing,got a nice wave and smile then BANG!**&^).No belts in the mid sixties,no head restraint either,the clown behind me obviously knew this because he hit me square on at 40 mph,I missed the old dear,who was a little peeved that I had just tried to run her over!.She really did not care that I had just suffered a fractured vertebrae in my the neck. So now when I see little old Lady's on the side of the road I------------
Old 22 Jan 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2111062)   #29
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I decided that see-ing as nothing was too close behind that I would stop for the little old lady waiting at the Zebra crossing,got a nice wave and smile then BANG!**&^).
Similar thing happened to me about 5 years ago in our old Mk 2 Granada, the Alfa 156 that hit me was in a bit of a sorry state, not much front end left and my towball through the radiator. I had a flat bumper and a little less boot space.
The worst accident I've been in was as a passenger in a mk1 Fiesta which, on a lane in Kent, got smashed all over the front of a Rover P4- the rover had a slighly dented wing and grill. I wasn't hurt but the driver of the Fiasco had a cracked vertebrae.
Old 16 Feb 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2129974)   #30
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My first and only crash was back in 1999 in my trusty Pug 205. I loved it at the time, but the experience of owning gradually newer cars over the years have since made me realise it was cr.. rubbish..

Anyhow, I was turning out of a minor road into a major in said Pug, but it was an industrial estate, so everyone had their boards out advertising their wares. Because of this I got mis-sighted. An unlucky split second. I did all the looks that I had been taught, but when I pulled out the first I knew was a bang and glass dancing across my bonnet. Funny thing accidents, you get a slow motion effect. Anyhow the guy wanted to knock my block off and tried to sue me for the damage, but his damage was minmal, mine was much worse. Funny thing is I saw him driving his car with the damage unrepaired two weeks later.

Being such and old car I managed to get a replacement front wing brand new for 20 quid. Luckily I worked for a car dealership at the time who used a hydraulic ram to pull out the footwell and sprayed the new wing to match for nothing.

I've always driven responsibly, which hopefully is a testament to my currently clean licence, although I am a fan of motorsport. The meaning of that sentence may not seem apparent, but my meaning is that these 'chavs' in their tricked out whatever like to cane it, but I find motorsport fans know that racing is racing and the road is the road.