Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Dec 2000, 15:30 (Ref:54072)   #1
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
...will be shown by Speedvision from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Miami, Fl, USA time...4:30 pm GMT)
Old 27 Dec 2000, 17:59 (Ref:54441)   #2
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, I only caught the last 45 min. of the program, but what a show! On-board footage of the circuits, with some of the best drivers guiding the tour. It's unfortunate that Bernie cares so little about F1 fans that he will not allow such great footage to take place during races today (unless you care to buy his TV deal).
Old 27 Dec 2000, 18:27 (Ref:54443)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched that program the other day. It was incredible, but the thing that struck me the most was how smooth and fast Alain Prost was. It was easy to see why he was called the professor and won so many races, he never came close to putting a wheel wrong anywhere. The most disappointing? Mario Andretti, who was just tooling along and didn't appear too interested in driving on the pace. The coolest was the six-wheeled Tyrrell, I'd love to have seen more development of that.
Old 27 Dec 2000, 19:58 (Ref:54451)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In raw contrast to Alain Prost's smoothness, Patrick Depailler's insane lap at Long Beach ranks as one of the best of the show. Another is Eddie Cheever's almost futile lap at Detroit in a rainstorm. All wheel spin and very little go. the lap of Jackie Stewart at Brands Hatch where he narrates from the cockpit is very good as well.
Old 28 Dec 2000, 11:07 (Ref:54548)   #5
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Lap of the Gods..

...A replay of the show, Fridy, Jan. 5, 1:30 pm (Eastern USA), Spdvsn.
Old 28 Dec 2000, 18:31 (Ref:54591)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched it on Christmas Eve, much to my wife's annoyance. (It turns out she had bought me the video for Christmas!)

I think Depailler's lap of Monaco in the P34 6 wheeler was the most amazing thing I've seen. They removed the body work and used a taller camera angle that looked down onto the driver and the four front wheels-nutty.
Old 2 Jan 2001, 23:05 (Ref:55883)   #7
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't getSpeedvision over here, but have a video featuring some of the same footage. Better still, commentary is from Murray Walker. Depailler's lap of Montreal is my highlight. That guy kept it flat despite the monsoon! Oh, and Mansell at Osterreichring is pretty special too. Now that was a proper circuit...
Old 8 Jan 2001, 22:44 (Ref:57481)   #8
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO, does the video have more on it than what was shown by Speedvision? I ask that because I taped it when it was replayed, and was disappointed that they didn't have footage from the old Osterreichring, the old Silverstone and a few others circuits. I really wanted to see what driving through the old Boschkurve was like.
Old 8 Jan 2001, 22:59 (Ref:57488)   #9
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know about EERO's vid, but mine shows Mansell lapping the Osterreichring in a Williams-Honda. Mega!
Old 9 Jan 2001, 18:45 (Ref:57639)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe that the video is available in Two Parts and that Speedvision showed both as one presentation.

I have only the first part and have not yet had time to watch it, though I recall Mansell's lap of the Ostriechring that Speed has mentioned.