Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Mar 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2840041)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Avon Tyres British GT Championship 2011

This thread is for discussion related to the Avon Tyres British GT Championship for 2011 (questions/news/entries/races/general):

Official Website
Old 4 Mar 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2840045)   #2
britishgt
Rookie

britishgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Avon Tyres British GT 2011 Championship

Had a thread talking about WSM not making the grid but because I posted a link to my site, it got removed.

Does anyone know of any rumours about other teams being lined up?

Last edited by Bentley03; 4 Mar 2011 at 10:29. Reason: Self promotion of your website is not permitted - READ THE RULES!!!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2840047)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see Beechdean are back this year.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2840065)   #4
britishgt
Rookie

Yep Beechdean are back with a new DBRS9.

The organisers are hoping more people will join the new GT3B class as there is only one confirmed entry at the moment.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2840087)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishgt View Post
Yep Beechdean are back with a new DBRS9.

The organisers are hoping more people will join the new GT3B class as there is only one confirmed entry at the moment.
The Beechdean car isn't a new DBRS9 but rather Andrew's current car with some 2011 upgrades
Old 4 Mar 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2840100)   #6
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on the british gt site its got some links to other sites connected with british gt/sro on the left hand side and its got clio cup and formula renault logos too.
am i missing something? there on the toca package.

gt3b is good, gives a chance to get older cars out in the countrys top gt championship but i can see it being dropped before the end of 2011.

gt3 is looking healthy, should be a good year. cant wait to see the 458s and the sls.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2840103)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Forgive the ignorance, but I see from the website there are only 7 teams listed thus far with mostly TBA in every ride. What gives? Around a month a half from "go time", I'd think it would be more sorted out at this point. All normal?

Cool cars on some of my favorite circuits across the pond...what are the options for us Colonials to view this series?
Old 4 Mar 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2840111)   #8
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondered where this thread had disapeared to. I intially posted I was keen to take in a British GT event this year but was a bit cautious due to the low entries last year. My nearest event is Oulton Pk, but don't want to drive an hour and a half if there's only going to be 14 or 15 cars out. Looking at the news sections of various websites I'm thus far only counting about that number. Having said that some seem to be new entries and some of last years entries have not confirmed yet. Anyone have any insider knowledge?

Somebody mentioned the link to Clio cup and Formula Renault, I think that's probabley because SRO have taken over the promotion. I wonder if they'll end up on the British GT bill in the long run. I guess they'd need to up the profile of the championship considerable first.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2840112)   #9
britishgt
Rookie

As far as I know there are 9 confirmed driver line-ups in GT3 with no TBAs and then about half a dozen line-ups still to be confirmed.

Who knows what is going to happen with GT3B with only one signed up at the moment. It's a great idea to get older cars out there but whether people will take the plunge we'll have to wait and see.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2840113)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Full season entry should be published on tuesday next week
Old 4 Mar 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2840209)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Thing is, a fair few older GT3s end up in GTCup, as it's a race by race entry, not a series, and they can be competitive.
I suspect SRO may be trying to ramp up the entry, but how many older cars CAN they attract? It would be nice to think both series have similar enough rules that a single car/owner/driver could run both?
Old 4 Mar 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2840219)   #12
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I've always been aware of and quite liked GT racing but never followed it closely, so excuse my ignorance as I'm not too up on the technical side of things but does the new Ginetta G55 qualify for British GT?
Old 4 Mar 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2840295)   #13
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
does the new Ginetta G55 qualify for British GT?
Yes- more details next week I believe
Old 8 Mar 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2842027)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I look forward to some details appearing today, as it's Media Day at Silverstone, today and tomorrow, with Britcar the day after.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2842176)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One or two images have surfaced over Facebook and Twitter, looking forward to seeing more. Is BGT going through something of a re-branding? Logo has changed on the website but the rest of it is still the amateurish-looking site that was there before...
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2842213)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
There's a preview piece on the official site which gives a rough list of the likely runners:

GT3:
Trackspeed 2x Porsche GT3R; Ashburn/TBA; Fisken/TBA
Team Pyro/PreciSpark 1x Merc SLS; Jones/Jones
CRS 2x Ferrari 458; Tate/Mortimer; Geddie/Geddie
MTECH 1x Ferrari 458; Griffin/Cameron
Predator CCTV 1x Ferrari 430 Scuderia; Burton/Wilcox
United Autosports 2x Audi R8; Bell/Guasch; Bintcliffe/Palmer
Speedworks 1x Corvette Z06; Johnson/Johnson
Beechdean 1x Aston DBRS9; Howard/Adam

GT3B
MTECH 1x Ferrari 430; Scott/Dhillon
22GT Racing 1x Aston DBRS9; Alexander/Willmott

GT4
Lotus Sport UK 2x Evora GT4, Jackson/TBA; TBA/TBA
Scuderia Vittoria 1x Ginetta G50; Denis/McDonald
also expected:
ABG Motorsport, 1xKTM X-Bow
Barwell Motorsport 1x Aston Vantage
Scuderia Vittoria 1x Maserati

GT Cup
Chevron Racing 1xChevron GR8; Reid/Witt
1x Ginetta G50 Gustavsson/Gustavsson

http://www.britishgt.com/news.php?action=showArticle&params%5Bid%5D=650
Old 8 Mar 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2842222)   #17
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Grid numbers look reasonable encouraging, still a few TBA's/expected though. Fingers crossed there will be near 20 cars out at Oulton Pk and I can justify the trip!
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2842420)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hector Lester/Simonsen not returning?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2842500)   #19
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
No mention of them in any of the reports I've seen so far.

Looking at some pics from the press day on DSC suggests some additional cars- a couple of Ginetta G50s from Century Motorsport, described by DSC as 'not listed (Yet!) for full season' and a mention of a potential 3rd MTECH Ferrari
It also raises some questions about who might be filling some of those TBAs- , Richard Westbrook and Jonathan Cocker seen in Trackspeed's Porsches and Johnny Mowlem at Lotus?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 07:04 (Ref:2842504)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
No mention of them in any of the reports I've seen so far.

Looking at some pics from the press day on DSC suggests some additional cars- a couple of Ginetta G50s from Century Motorsport, described by DSC as 'not listed (Yet!) for full season' and a mention of a potential 3rd MTECH Ferrari
It also raises some questions about who might be filling some of those TBAs- , Richard Westbrook and Jonathan Cocker seen in Trackspeed's Porsches and Johnny Mowlem at Lotus?
Hector and Allan will be back - predicted to be in a 458 (eventually!)

There's another 458 to add too in due course with a gagle of Ginettas also looking likely for either full or part campaigns

Richard Westbrook will race a limited programme for trackspeed - Jonny C tests today

Johnny M is Lotus's development man, not expecting to see him for a full British season.

c.21 expected for Oulton - poss around 25 for other races, maybe more than that for the 2 and 3 hour races
Old 9 Mar 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2842546)   #21
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
What of the Moseler? I notice they were entering the Dutch Supercar Championship, is this instead of the British GT? I vaguely seem to recall they were banned at one point, but could swear I saw some coverage from Rockingham last year and they were running in that.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2842651)   #22
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Hector and Allan will be back - predicted to be in a 458 (eventually!)

There's another 458 to add too in due course with a gagle of Ginettas also looking likely for either full or part campaigns

Richard Westbrook will race a limited programme for trackspeed - Jonny C tests today

Johnny M is Lotus's development man, not expecting to see him for a full British season.

c.21 expected for Oulton - poss around 25 for other races, maybe more than that for the 2 and 3 hour races
That sounds very promising! I haven't caught much British GT the last couple of years, I'll definitely have to make the effort to get out and watch some this year
Old 9 Mar 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2842675)   #23
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
That sounds very promising! I haven't caught much British GT the last couple of years, I'll definitely have to make the effort to get out and watch some this year
Bear in mind that the Silverstone round is on the same bill as the Blancpain Endurance Series - That should feature the new Mclarens and Nissan GT-R GT3s too
Old 9 Mar 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2842790)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
That is a date, cheers Graham.
If only my son were as communicative!
Old 9 Mar 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2842792)   #25
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
That is a date, cheers Graham.
If only my son were as communicative!
I did wonder!