Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jan 2001, 17:07 (Ref:57063)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anybody just see Reid on World Motorsports on Sky? He had a go in a dragster that was this womans, and she had a go in his Mondeo. Reid had trouble trying to get to grips with sheer power+rear wheel drive, and she stalled the Mondeo at her first attempt. They were going round the Silverstone GP circuit. I have never seen the Ford going that slow.
Old 7 Jan 2001, 17:13 (Ref:57069)   #2
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I missed that. But then I don't have Sky

How come Reid was having trouble? I though Dragsters only went in a straight line!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 17:56 (Ref:57093)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, I missed the beginning, but I expect it was Paula Aitken and the Rapid fit Ford 100E 'Super gas' Drag racer that Reid was having trouble with.

These cars are not that easy to drive. They may "only go ina straight line" but the 0.400 second startline reaction times and lightning quick gear changes are definately a skill to be learnt.

Sorry. That concludes my Franklin-style lecture!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:42 (Ref:57185)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it isn'y my place to criticise, and i probably couldn't do any better, but she was doing about 30mph down the Farm Straight at Silverstone. I'd try and get to 130mph if i had a chance. P.S. It was Paula Aitkin, who was born in Solihull where i live!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 22:48 (Ref:57191)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Er... Was it definately World Motor Sport? I'm watching the 10:00pm re-run, and so far I've sat through the European Truck championship, we're now into Formula Palmer Audi, and next is Rallycross.

When was it in the show?
Old 7 Jan 2001, 23:30 (Ref:57213)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Right. Seen it at last!

Hmmn. Oh dear, Paula.
I thought it was Reid having all the trouble. At least he wants to have another go...

As for Paula, she stalls, not once but three times, is so used to air-assisted auto-boxes that she seemed reluctant to change the Mondy's sequential gears manually, and, according to Reid, she was braking and accelerating at the same time!

She was concerned that the oil light was on all the time... Was that the running light, do you suppose?

And yes, it was painfully slow. How can she be soooo involved with motorsport and then pedal the thing round Silverstone like a granny?

Can I have a go?