Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which is your team of the race?
McLaren-Mercedes 8 22.22%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 4 11.11%
Ferrari 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 0 0%
Mercedes 8 22.22%
Lotus-Renault 1 2.78%
Williams-Renault 14 38.89%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
STR-Ferrari 0 0%
Marussia-Cosworth 0 0%
Caterham-Renault 0 0%
HRT-Cosworth 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3059371)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race- Chinese Grand Prix

Which is your team of the race?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3059373)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know what would have happened had Michael finished, but he didn't, due to a team error, so have to go with McLaren who got a 2nd and 3rd, dispite still having a pitstop error.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3059381)   #3
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This isn't hard to choose.

Mercedes not only got their breakthrough win, but they shut up the critics about their tyre life with a 2 stop strategy!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3059385)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren.

Mercedes lose it for me for the Schumacher pitlane goof.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3059390)   #5
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT is getting better... yet another race both cars finished
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3059429)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
McLaren.

Mercedes lose it for me for the Schumacher pitlane goof.
Oh pants, I forgot about that when voting. McLaren messed up Jenson's pits stop too.
So that means Williams!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3059459)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah but JB still got back to second - didn't end up parking out on the grass.....
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3059479)   #8
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oh pants, I forgot about that when voting. McLaren messed up Jenson's pits stop too.
So that means Williams!
Interesting contrast though, the difference between having a problem but doing the right thing and taking a few seconds to rectify it and a problem in the pits ending your race. If I was a driver I know which I'd prefer.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3059490)   #9
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went for Williams for both cars finishing in the points . Mentions for Mclaren and Mercedes.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3059497)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
williams finally seem to be making good progress so they get my vote
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3059511)   #11
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Interesting contrast though, the difference between having a problem but doing the right thing and taking a few seconds to rectify it and a problem in the pits ending your race. If I was a driver I know which I'd prefer.
Especially if taking a few extra seconds means you end up in second place...

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

Surprising how many times teams miss that one....
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3059538)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren...

Watch them when the european leg arrives...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3059575)   #13
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any of them, bar one of the beeb commentary box team, and it was not DC, leave the murrayisms t' Murray.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3059617)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes for giving Nico his first win and sabotaging Schumi's car!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3059644)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last part is fun...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3059713)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams; McLaren lose out because of the botched tyre stop.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3059749)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Mercedes. One of their cars finished first, and three of their engines finished first, second, and third.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3059828)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, but this is 'team' of the race, not engine supplier....

But I accept (as did Norbert on the podium) the achievement
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3059836)   #19
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams - both cars in the top ten

McLaren and Mercedes both lost out in my rankings due to pit stop problems (Mercedes more so than McLaren)
Old 16 Apr 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3059935)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Mercedes for giving Nico his first win and sabotaging Schumi's car!
Old 16 Apr 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3059951)   #21
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Red Bull for salvaging 4th and 5th.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3059978)   #22
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a McLaren fan, and on account of their two-three finish, I wanted to go with them. However, Schumacher's bungled stop aside, Mercedes seems to display noteworthy improvement, having went from being strong only in qualifying to also being dominant in the race. McLaren is normally strong, but Mercedes seems to display improvement to be serious contenders.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3060148)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Think of McLaren going strong... once they get in Europe, they'll be serious candidates of WDC and WCC.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3060337)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams. I am glad to see them doing better. McLaren and Mercedes missed out due to pitstop screwups.

Richard
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3060500)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes, because they're British. I mean German. I mean based in Brackley, so British.

No, actually because they finally unlocked consistent pace, made a 2 stop strategy work better than anyone did and got well clear of the rest. Schumacher's pit-stop aside, it was a great weekend for them and for them to get it done the way they did was more impressive than anyone.