Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Jul 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1350308)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
norisring

does anyone have any secret tips for hotels for the race? i'm struggling to find anything cheaper than 110 euros a night, which is beyond my poverty budget..
Old 9 Jul 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1351144)   #2
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The InterCity booked through expedia should set u back around 100 pounds per room for the saturday and sunday nights.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1352510)   #3
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a few customers in Nürnberg, I'll give them a call. Maybe they know of something good and not too expensive.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1353409)   #4
mcurtis26
Veteran

Any luck Bella? The Master race should be good, wish I was going....have to wait till Zandvoort!
Old 12 Jul 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1353624)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella, try either
www.hrs.de
or
www.bed-and-breakfast.de
Old 12 Jul 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1353955)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this'll be my 4th (erk) dtm meeting this year, although i'll admit i've not actually managed to sit through the dtm race yet!

i'm going to go for the intercity hotel, the way it's panned out with the flights means that i don't need a car, and the hotel is right next to the railway station. hurrah.

although how far outside the centre is the track? is there public transport to and from it?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1354415)   #7
mcurtis26
Veteran

South west suburbs, I think Shuttle buses run from the station to the track
Old 13 Jul 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1354539)   #8
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its in the south east

if you got "google earth" you can find it at 49°25'53.25" N 11°07'30.51" E right next to the 2006 world cup stadium
Old 13 Jul 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1354785)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i found it on there, just my general nurnberg geography is a bit arse

from the circuit to the station is absolutely ideal. sadly my german is a bit crap, and the german on the norisring website translates really badly through an online translator, so i'm winging it a bit!

thanks for your help so far guys
Old 14 Jul 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1355258)   #10
mcurtis26
Veteran

Just had a look around Bella and the train is looking a good option. The Norisring is next to Dutzendteich railway station, which is only 15 mins train ride from the main station near your hotel and you can walk from Dutzendteich Station to the track, should only set you back a few euros.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1355453)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
especially since the hotel provide free public transport tickets... ty for that.

see, the germans do it like this and make our weak attempts at motorsport and/or public transport look a bit, well, weak. although to be completely fair nurnberg's a bit of a random place, a track in the middle of the suburbs and an airport at the other end of the town's pretty good luck...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1355456)   #12
mcurtis26
Veteran

The DTM is the best value racing in Europe to me. We're doing Zandvoort including flights, hotel and grandstand for not much more than a British GP general admission ticket.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1355862)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
likewise, i think what you actually get for your money is very very good - the polos are fantastic, the fbmws need their heads reading, the eurof3 is..... er i'm biased so i won't comment, and the dtm itself is one heck of a spectacle. and they do go to some outstanding tracks.

i've already been to zandvoort once this year, and it was brilliant, and i can't wait to go back again. hopefully for better weather this time though!

then again, at the same time, the dtm itself seems an awful way up it's own bottom, even if it does let the fans at least have a bit of fun. it's given me one of my more bizarre memories though - oschersleben pitlane, with some very random germans pretending to be spanish, doing a cover of the birdy song on the stage they put up during the pitwalk...
Old 15 Jul 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1356018)   #14
mcurtis26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
then again, at the same time, the dtm itself seems an awful way up it's own bottom,
especially their heavy handed security in the green jackets!
Old 20 Jul 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1359192)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
final note on this - norisring is absolutely brilliant. i'd recommend it to anyone. so easy to get around, brilliant city to be a tourist in as well, and the racing is great.

crowd figure was 142,000. beat that, toca...