Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Aug 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1685907)   #1
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leinster Trophy - You know you want to ......

The annual Leinster Trophy racing event is a historic event which in recent years has not matched up to its traditional pedigree. The Leinster Motor Club are working hard to bring the event back to its former glory. (See below for some of the history).

They have announced that the Trophy this year will be presented to the winner of the FF1600 races and that there is a good entry from the UK for this class in addition to the Irish competitors.

They have also confirmed that the EuroBOSS formula will be racing that weekend. There will also be some A1 GP demonstrations. This is all in addition to the championship deciding rounds for all the Irish club classes.

As this event is being run on the Mondello Park International Circuit, extra marshals are required and any help we can get would be appreciated. If the above mentioned racing classes aren't enough to convince you, then perhaps the sign on draw details might do the job. In addition to the usual prizes there are various pieces of Ferrari merchanise up for grabs, with the top prize being a genuine Ferrari racing suit.

There is also some work being done to reduce travel costs which I should be able to confirm later.

Some history:

The Leinster Trophy was first awarded in 1934 to Miss Fay Taylor, and has been an integral part of the Irish racing calendar ever since. It has had a number of homes along the way including, Skerries, Tallaght, Wicklow, Dunboyne and Bishopscourt before finally taking permanent residence at Mondello Park in 1968. Previous winners of the prestigious trophy include Formula One World Champions, Ayrton Senna, Mika Hakkinen and Mike Hawthorn, five-time Grand Prix winner John Watson and former F1 team owner Eddie Jordan.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1685964)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're right, I do, but sadly I can't. I've really missed my trip across the water this year, and it reminds me of the generosity of hospitality we've experienced on each visit.

Would you like to add the event to the Marshals Wanted sub-forum calendar, Derek, and I hope it raises some extras for you.

Discussion about the event and getting there can, of course, continue here.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1685994)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I believe it's the 9th/10th September.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1686007)   #4
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And what our fearless leader forgot to tell you was that its on the 9th and 10th of September!!!

Sign-on is yet to be confirmed but 8.30 will most likely be the time!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1686011)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The EP B&B has some rooms available if anyone needs somewhere to stay. Unless you're allergic to cats!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1686029)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Um.. just to clarify that last statement, we don't really run a B&B. But we've been known to offer a bed to visiting marshals - there's no charge!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1686036)   #7
2CV Racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
I believe it's the 9th/10th September.
Bugger - slightly important info missing from my post .....
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:29 (Ref:1686039)   #8
2CV Racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Would you like to add the event to the Marshals Wanted sub-forum calendar, Derek, and I hope it raises some extras for you.
Yep, will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Discussion about the event and getting there can, of course, continue here.
Cheers .....
Old 18 Aug 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1686317)   #9
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damm; I am going to organise my meetings in 2007 to get back over to Mondello/Phoenix again. I've done several Leinster Trophy in the past and enjoyed them all. Ditto Phoenix.

Sadly the World Series Renault at Donington clashes with this date (and I have already volunteered for that).

The Park looks like being a bit more settled now, so if the dates get announced earlier that would be good.

Regards

Jim
Old 18 Aug 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1686320)   #10
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am planning to come over for the Leinster Trophy.
Does anyone have a timetable available yet ?
I have looked for one - but can't find one available.
Is it a one day or two day meeting ?

James Beckett
Old 18 Aug 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1686325)   #11
2CV Racer
Racer

I've seen a copy of the timetable, but can't remember all the details.

It is a 2 day meeting with plenty of racing action.

Jeb, are you coming along to marshal? If so can you PM me your details so I can forward them to the chief marshal.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1686328)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be over - not to marshal unfortunately - on the Sunday only. On Saturday I will be commentating at Oulton Park, and on Sunday - when, hopefully, most of the FF1600 action will be timetabled! - I will be at Mondello. A packed weekend.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1686563)   #13
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
I am planning to come over for the Leinster Trophy.
Does anyone have a timetable available yet ?
I have looked for one - but can't find one available.
Is it a one day or two day meeting ?
Hi James,
think I can help you...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=152

Hope it is Ok!?

Christian
EuroBOSS-Racing
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1687650)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just fired off an email to see if I can get at least one of the Saturday FF1600 races rescheduled for the Sunday

Good to see a series like Euroboss supporting the main event, incidentally.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1688036)   #15
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a super line up!! Bring it on!