Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2264203)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Skaife to sue Edwards??

Going by the story in today's A.Fiction, one Mark Skaife is going to sue Tim Edwards for comments Edwards made about Skaifey at Qld. Please Mark the sport does not need this dribble.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 6 Aug 2008, 01:08 (Ref:2264205)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was first mentioned as a possibility in vMag for the Queensland round...

Will Mr Skaife also sue for the "Sorry to talk while you're interrupting" comment from Mr Stone on V8Superstars?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Aug 2008, 01:15 (Ref:2264206)   #3
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worthy sportspersons rebuff critisism with results.

When that capacity has diminished, you could resort to legal argument.

Could the paying fans sue Mr Skaife for performing below expectation (though it could be equally argued that the historical expectation has already significantly eroded)?

Last edited by davester; 6 Aug 2008 at 01:18.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2264225)   #4
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
**** poor effort Mr.Skaife.
Pathetic but not surprising in the least.
Now who was the driver at Canberra that Mark threatened to run into the pit straight wall? Maybe he should seek legal advice?
I'd suggest Mark lets his driving do the talking
Maybe a 100 point plan to stop all the criticism?
Maybe employ an ex. AFL player to run his business?
I think Mr.Edwards comments were simply a very valid opinion.

Last edited by billy bigtime; 6 Aug 2008 at 02:30.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2264234)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it was **** poor effort by Tim Edwards he was out of line him and FPR are whingers, in saying that though i don't think it needs this, Skaifey be the bigger man don't give him what he wants in that it effects you, stand up say that it's water off a ducks back and you'll go when your ready and until then you will be around to terrorise Tim and his sooky team.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2264235)   #6
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just ridiculous for a sports person to threaten to sue a member of an opposing team 'cause he expressed an opinion about his (previously outstanding but lately waning) ability. How many times has Mr Skaife questioned the ability of other competitors when things haven't gone his way?? Talking of sooks......
Old 6 Aug 2008, 04:13 (Ref:2264237)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Skaife's case may have precedent... I mean Mr Mork did very well out of Mr Perkins and Mr Ingall with the "Planet Mork" jibes
Old 6 Aug 2008, 04:22 (Ref:2264239)   #8
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
I'll bet my left gonad this BS doesn't go any further. Point 1, I can't see anything slanderous in what Tim said. Secondly, Skaife will become known for being the biggest sook in the paddock(hang on, can that happen twice?)
All sounds like a media beat up to me.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2264250)   #9
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
I'll bet my left gonad this BS doesn't go any further. Point 1, I can't see anything slanderous in what Tim said. Secondly, Skaife will become known for being the biggest sook in the paddock(hang on, can that happen twice?)
All sounds like a media beat up to me.
Yes, sue him for what? It's not as if Tim Edwards damaged a blossoming career with his comments. Skaife's career is almost over.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2264252)   #10
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
Yes, sue him for what? It's not as if Tim Edwards damaged a blossoming career with his comments. Skaife's career is almost over.
Almost?
Old 6 Aug 2008, 05:40 (Ref:2264259)   #11
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i think it was **** poor effort by Tim Edwards he was out of line him and FPR are whingers, in saying that though i don't think it needs this, Skaifey be the bigger man don't give him what he wants in that it effects you, stand up say that it's water off a ducks back and you'll go when your ready and until then you will be around to terrorise Tim and his sooky team.

FPR are whingers? Huh?

Mate how long have you been watching this sport? Cast your mind back to a cold afternoon in June 2002. Skaife got on the radio and called Max Wilson a Cee U Next Tuesday and threatened to put him in the wall.

Cast your mind back to a humid December day in 2003, where following an on-track incident with Caltex driver Russell Ingall, Skaife violently stormed into the SBR pits and aggressively placed his hands on Ross Stone and pushed and shoved him wanting to fight.

Cast your mind back to 1993 Symmons Plains. On track incident with Peter Jackson Falcon driver Alan Jones saw Skaife storm up to AJ's pits and proceeded to partake in an aggressive slanging match!

Why is this ok pal? Do you get what you're saying? Skaife stormed into someone else's pits and violently assaulted an innocent man. Are you normal? Skaife is better than Edwards' comments?

Cast your mind back to 2003 when HRT Team Manager (the equivalent to today's Edwards) remarked on national TV that Rodney Forbes can't even spin properly. And that's ok but this isn't?

Did Skaife forget about all these incidents?

Can you, with your rose coloured glasses, justify this psychotic behaivour?

Skaife be the bigger man? Never happened... never will matey. Not until HE says sorry PUBLICLY to Ross Stone for manhandling him.

Funny... never did hear about legal actions from SBR.... hmmmmm.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 06:41 (Ref:2264271)   #12
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The really good bit about this is that the star driver of Mr Edwards team was the one who recieved a penalty for a similar move on Dumbrell that was obviously viewed as worse than the one by Skaife on Team FPR.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 06:56 (Ref:2264275)   #13
STEVO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrack
The really good bit about this is that the star driver of Mr Edwards team was the one who recieved a penalty for a similar move on Dumbrell that was obviously viewed as worse than the one by Skaife on Team FPR.
Bottom line is that this about comments made on air, not the incident per se. Did Skaife's negligent amateurish driving at Queensland deserve such a spray? Questionable. Was it a cheap shot? Yeah, probably was ... but what's good for the geese. . .
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2264331)   #14
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously hammer and nails have been selling well lately. The way all this is going is that the coffin for V8's is now well and truly underway.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2264334)   #15
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst not a big Skaife fan, but an admirer of his on track achievements it would be disappointing to see him being remembered for being so precious and pathetic.
Sticks and stones Mr Skaife. I hope your better than that.
Still i will be waiting to hear this from the man himself.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2264335)   #16
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer

it appears that some people are posting just for the hell of it, have cronic tunnel vision, or have a really short memory.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2264341)   #17
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To repeat what's already been said, this sounds like a beat up.

I'll believe it when I see it in court.

Until then I'll leave this alone and let one of the many that care drag this thread out from the archives when the case hits the courts.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:34 (Ref:2264344)   #18
STEVO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieracer
it appears that some people are posting just for the hell of it,.

LOL, you've only realised this just now?

It's called racking up your post count and for some reason, some are obsessed with doing so and in the process add no value whatsoever to the topic at hand.

Mark Skaife filing a lawsuit against someone for verbal defamtion? The nerve! The absolute nerve! Anyone who can defend that is precisely what Skaife called Max Wilson in Canberra... a Cee U Next Tuesday!

That's like Russell Ingall complaining that the racing is too rough or like Dick Johnson complaining that drivers shouldn't speak on racecam.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2264420)   #19
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Almost?
I think MOST people would consider his career almost over Billy. But there maybe some (one) that think it is already over. I wonder who that could be?
Old 6 Aug 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2264435)   #20
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Skaife has endured the knockers repeatedly without caring too much about their comments. If Skaife was to sue anyone, I'd say a prominent knocker on this website would be the top candidate.

Who's Tim Edwards? Skaife has bigger fish to fry than somebody who's trying to big-note himself.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2264451)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieracer
it appears that some people are posting just for the hell of it, have cronic tunnel vision, or have a really short memory.
noooooooooooooo Skaife is a sook to one of the biggest but i am saying is Tim and FPR are sooks to the sport don't need the lawsuite and skaife should just stand up be a man and take it like water off a ducks back. at the end of the day they are all cry babies and Kleenex would make a killing out of getting a supply/sponser deal out of V8's. ohhh and FPR and Frosty will be around terrorising Mark and his sooky team too. i'm just saying what should happen for the best of the sport not tunnel vison or whatever.

really come to think of it this smalls like Nathan Browns sooky comments about the Storm and Melbourne being sooky and instead of taking it like they should threatened legal action. at the end of the day comment having a ***** at each other can't be bad for the sport and everyone should grow up and just have a dig back and move on to race another day.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 6 Aug 2008 at 12:35.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2264454)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Mr Skaife believes he has a case against Mr Edwards, and has the wherewithal to take the case to a court of law, and is willing to endure the cost in both financial, time and publicity terms, then he has the right and ability to do as he pleases.

I would imagine the remedy, if the case was proven, would be related to a public apology, plus potential recompense for tangible damages, which may relate to sponsor damage.

Its a bold move, but Holden have enough General Counsel on staff, and Mr Browne is always available, to make something like this stick.

Quite why the VESA BTSID magic stick didnt come into play is interesting...
Old 6 Aug 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2264833)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
If Mr Skaife believes he has a case against Mr Edwards, and has the wherewithal to take the case to a court of law, and is willing to endure the cost in both financial, time and publicity terms, then he has the right and ability to do as he pleases.

I would imagine the remedy, if the case was proven, would be related to a public apology, plus potential recompense for tangible damages, which may relate to sponsor damage.

Its a bold move, but Holden have enough General Counsel on staff, and Mr Browne is always available, to make something like this stick.

Quite why the VESA BTSID magic stick didnt come into play is interesting...
'If' is a big word, GTR. Everything after your first word is potentially meaningless.

It's only now that FPR has suddenly become a force... and they seem to think their crap don't smell...

I think the best thing for both HRT and Skaife to do is ignore the criticism from a 'Johnny come lately' and get on with the job of burying FPR's nose in it!
Old 6 Aug 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2264842)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It makes no difference in a court of law whether FPR have been around for 5 minutes or 5 years. If the claim is actionable, it is actionable.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2264868)   #25
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
It makes no difference in a court of law whether FPR have been around for 5 minutes or 5 years. If the claim is actionable, it is actionable.
Ahhh there you go again... 'if' it does go to court, that is.