Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 May 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1294742)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DP Modifications

How much development/modifications are the teams allowed to do to their cars?
Old 7 May 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1294757)   #2
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they change every race.
Old 7 May 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1294857)   #3
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy
they change every race.
Oil?
Old 8 May 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1296067)   #4
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the unmodifiable areas of the approved designs are basically the frame and the bodywork between and above the front and rear axles, but I don't know if there's any distinction between the constructors and the teams modifying the cars. Sorry. The teams can develop their own aero add-ons and work on their own engines, but I don't know if they've developed their own suspensions and stuff like that. The Ganassi cars are visibly "non-stock" Rileys in several areas, but I don't know how much work they've done beneath the skin.
Old 9 May 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1296129)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To add to Danske's info, yes, they can modify their suspensions. Ganassi in particular has found a lot of success that way.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 May 2005, 02:07 (Ref:1296187)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske
The teams can develop their own aero add-ons and work on their own engines
Not exactly. They must pick and engine from THIS LIST and submit THIS FORM. After approval, the configuration is frozen barring a resubmission.
Old 9 May 2005, 04:38 (Ref:1296236)   #7
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figured if anybody had modified all that was modifiable it would have been Ganassi, which is why I used them as an example. There was a bulletin that clamped down on allowable dampers which I would guess could be traced back to them. Double .

Regarding the engines. No, they don't have free reign in all aspects, but they can work on the engines within restrictions. Injectors and exhaust aren't all that sexy, but Bell Motorsports reportedly (in the TV broadcast) squeezed out more power via that route. That is still working on their own engines, not designing from the ground up but still work. In a year or two the Huffaker Pontiac might be the engine of choice.