Old 1 Jul 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2720725)   #1
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallorca GP (Spain?)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84912

Looks better than Valencia, but that isn't saying much as it looks like a craptastic Tilkdrome. Then again those barriers do look close sort of like Abu Dhabi's,little plus. And what's with 'no country having 2 GP's'? European GP, it's still in Spain. Give the European GP to countries with no yearly GP's, that would make sense. Then again would not bring in as much cash to Bernie. :/
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2720761)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Looks pretty craptastic to me, i'm afraid.

The definition of 'stop-start'.

Selby
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2720763)   #3
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This seems strange to me. There's a green "blob" over the pit area, the front straight continues in both directions out the image and assuming it's clockwise there's an optional route which leads from T2 to T11-T12 crossing the track twice that is not paved yet this layout is far too long for rallycross or supermoto. The paddock has a strange shape, run off on most corners looks like it could deal with a bi-directional track. Seems to me like it's far from done.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2720766)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Get rid of the corners / chicane at 12 o'clock in the picture and make it a straightish approach all the way to the hairpin , and it looks OK. Lets face it, it cannot be worse than that flipping awful Valencia track.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2720767)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Get rid of the corners / chicane at 12 o'clock in the picture and make it a straightish approach all the way to the hairpin , and it looks OK. Lets face it, it cannot be worse than that flipping awful Valencia track.
I think it'd possibly disagree with that.

Selby
Old 1 Jul 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2720774)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Here's what i'd do:

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...2&d=1277992208

T1 would be the longest corner in F1
T2/3/4 is something out of Buenos Aires (funnilly enough...), and creates 2 overtaking spots
T5/6/7 is basically the Moto version of Maggots/Chapple etc, and could create an overtake if someone goes wide in to the final hairpin
The next lot is basically a quick chicane leading to the final 2 corners, which I understand would require a heap of run-off.

12 turns, looks completely unique, and with enough run off would be safe.

Selby
Old 1 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2720834)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It does look like another generic hairpin nightmare.

Bring back Magny-Cours, all is forgotten!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2720849)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I can't see it being built on the island. Mainland Spain is awash with little used circuits. There are 4 or 5 within an hour or so's drive for me and Christ knows how many I don't know about !
It's almost as bad as all the empty golf courses that have sprung up in the last few years !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jul 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2720887)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It does look like another generic hairpin nightmare.

Bring back Magny-Cours, all is forgotten!
Couldn't agree more.