Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Aug 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2739378)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
August 4th Mallory Test

Very Autumnal, with heavy rain all night I wasn't expecting to see as many cars as actually turned up.
The Tin Tops were first out as usual with a good selection of old and modern.
The oldest was a mid 50's American Kit Car, joined by Martin Stretton in a roofless Lola T70, thre was also a SEAT Leon, Pick Up, Caterham, Alfo 146 &156's, 5 Clios, a Punto, AC Cobra, weird looking Saxon from the Castle Combe GT series, a Chevron B16 joined by 2 GR8's, a Fisher Fury, Porsche 911 GT3 and A sierra Cosworth.
The Punto caused the only red flag of the morning when it's suspension collapsed in the middle of Gerrards and it was lifted to Charlies where it spent the rest of the morning.
As for the single seaters, all I can say is Wow, Martin Stretton was out in a Maserati 250F which really looked the part, he was joined by a Methanol burning Masa, a Lotus 25, a couple of Cooper Monaco's a Lotus BRM, a pair of very quick Jedi's, a couple of Vauxhall Lotus, a Cooper 500 a very ugly Young Guns car a sole F.Ford 1600 and a couple of 2 litre versions.
The 250F will stay in the memory for a long time
Old 4 Aug 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2739400)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have got to remember to take a morning off to get down to Mallory for these test days. Although sod's law dictates that when I do the weather will be rubbish and nobody will be there!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2739500)   #3
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
An excellent test session indeed! I got there at 10 and missed the first 2 sessions. Gutted to miss the Maserati 250F but have 600 odd photos which I will upload when I have sorted and link a few for you all!

Matthew.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2739603)   #4
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heres my flickr set, just a selection of my favorites on there all my photos will go onto my site at a future date!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew...7624529299265/