Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 May 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1306655)   #1
peter maxworthy
Rookie

England
Grimsby uk
peter maxworthy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell 4th/5th June

is any body stopping over on the 4th and 5th June at cadwell (camping)or is it to cold .
Old 22 May 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1306740)   #2
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's always about a dozen marshals camping for this meeting. I will be at B&B nearby but will try and join you all at some time.
Old 22 May 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1306743)   #3
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
This meeting was, originally, to be on the short circuit, but...
After talking to Robin Knight and then to John Watson, it's looking like we will use the long circuit.
We have enough volunteers on the bank (assuming you all turn up), and I am just trying to get a couple of qualified rescue crew to supplement one of the units and it's all systems go.
Old 22 May 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1306765)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Peter, when will you know definitely which circuit you will be using? I understood we would race on the long circuit and wouldn't want to waste a trip for the short one.
Old 22 May 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1307382)   #5
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The switch from CLUB to FULL circuit...

Is it a good thing:

From a spectator’s point of view?

A photographer’s?

A competitor’s?

A Marshal’s?

I ask because over the years I have been all of those and I have a personal view on this.

I had a reply already written but then decided to hold that back and ask others for their views. I may subsequently publish that original post, I may edit it or I may just throw it in the bin.

However, I am looking forward to the meeting and would urge everyone who can to be there as it will be great!
Old 22 May 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1307388)   #6
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter.--- Craig, Chris & I will be camping and will be holding one of our (in)famous Bar-B-Q,s what ever the weather. Mr Harding, as ever, you will be most welcome!!! More the merrier! Long circuit would be good, altho' the hairpin on short circuit is usually entertaining. Mr Harding; Just don't give me any strange flags/lights to play with!
Old 22 May 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1307421)   #7
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Oh dear - When I don't throw the starters lights to someone like you, i seem to get lumbered.

Falcemob - I believe the finals are going out with "long circuit". If we have a problem on the rescue, I will have to find a solution. I think we now have two on it and am waiting for a phone call about another person.
Old 22 May 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1307431)   #8
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Mrs. Swan is throwing an open invitation to her BBQ, then I might be tempted to take my 'van and join in the festivities. It would save the long 8 mile trek backwards and forwards for 2 days.

Joyce - is Chris playing both days out on circuit? as I only have you listed. Also, I think that we can find you a conventional job, such as a flag marshal waving the things you are more used to handling.

With the large number of Marshals that have volunteered for this meeting, it would be a great shame to have to cramp them onto the short circuit. Surely there must be a couple of licensed Rescue Unit Marshals not committed for this weekend, Peter Harding would love to hear from them.

Dogsbody - Just because you will probably, for the first time in years, only have one job, let us know your thoughts on Long or Short.

With the high entry level that is normally associated with the 750MC the long circuit would be the better option (26 Starters max per Race), as opposed to the short circuit, (24 Starters max per Race).

Falcemob - Whats wrong with the short circuit ? On this circuit there is less time hanging around, a rapid turn round between sessions, the field stays closed up for most of the race distance, the spectator loves it, the photographers love the mountain bottom hairpin, the organisers love it because they can fit in more races, most marshals love it, (more to do), etc. etc. etc. Oh, by the way the startline marshals hate it !!!!!

Also, we still have room for more volunteers of all disciplines, Peter or myself will be pleased to hear from you, especially if you have a Rescue Licence,

See you all soon, .............
Old 22 May 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1307439)   #9
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, the one job I had in mind for Dogsbody was for Starter/Finish line, so now you can have a nice leisurely day doing the Chief Marshals job !! and not get lumbered for anything.
Old 22 May 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1307459)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
John, I have only ever done Cadwell once, that was in a monsoon, the weather was so bad and combined with people insisting on going out on slicks the meeting was abandoned after my race.
I would like to have a go at the full circuit in the dry and it also gives us underpowered cars a bit more of a chance against the 600+bhp beasts we are up against. If it is the small circuit then no doubt I will still go otherwise our series (SRGT) may end up extinct.
Old 22 May 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1307464)   #11
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
John- you bring it & we'll drink it or burn it on the BAR-B Q!!!
Chris,as yet doesn't know what he's working- will probably commute to Cadwell from work. Agree short circuit good for all apart from startline marshals and cars with a lousy turning circle to negotiate the hairpin!
Old 22 May 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1307512)   #12
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Good News. I have provisionally secured the services of a BRSCC EA rescue crew member. That would seem to make my preparations complete. Expecting tickets to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday and will send them straight out.
Old 22 May 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1307583)   #13
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not decided yet if to stay over or travel each day, but the other options are working or weekend off.
Won't really know until a couple of days before.
Old 23 May 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1307772)   #14
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Balders, Lord Percy Percy of Percy, 'Bob!', Coiled Spring and the rest of the Southern barmy army will be arriving en masse to the flesh pots of Louth and enjoying much Northern hospitality and some excellent on track entertainment provided by the 750MC, all looking forward to it. - Balders
Old 23 May 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1307961)   #15
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming I can find the circuit (my first time at Cadwell) I'll be stopping over.

Joyce, is the BBQ a "you bring it I'll cook it" affair or can I contribute to the cost and join in? I'll bring a few tinnies and a bottle of scotch for refreshments.
Old 23 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1307973)   #16
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
Assuming I can find the circuit (my first time at Cadwell) I'll be stopping over.
I'm sure you'll find the circuit if not, just let us know and we'll give you directions.
Hope you've dried out from the weekend.
Old 23 May 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1308240)   #17
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Watson
Peter, the one job I had in mind for Dogsbody was for Starter/Finish line, so now you can have a nice leisurely day doing the Chief Marshals job !! and not get lumbered for anything.
I think that will highly compromise my views on long or short!
Anyone else like to volunteer for the job? - I would swap two for one Joyce...
Also, I seem to recall I volunteered for the "other" side John?

Other than that I think Mr Watson put it exactly right as regards the Club circuit (I don't like the term "short" - more later).

As a spectator you can see everything and get close to the action everywhere (not on the Full circuit).

Photographically it tends to allow you to go to places you wouldn't bother with on the Full circuit.

As a competitor the Club hairpin is a wonderful do or die overtaking spot and the nature of the circuit evens out the differences between faster and slower cars making the racing closer; you get more laps and because it is usually very well staffed Marshal wise fewer stoppages.

As a Marshal - one job versus three? No contest.

But as it will now be the Full circuit I stand by my earlier assertion - BE THERE, IT WILL BE GREAT.

Old 24 May 2005, 06:32 (Ref:1308628)   #18
peter maxworthy
Rookie

England
Grimsby uk

looking forward to it BBQ,as well it should be a cracking weekend . see you all there.
Old 24 May 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1309142)   #19
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the C of C's, I can confirm that the meeting is on the Long Circuit. See you there & bring a friend
Old 24 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1309222)   #20
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might camp,be strange in the tent on my own, but the better half and the wife are off on their jollies on the sat, so it will keep me out of mischief i suppose
Old 24 May 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1309244)   #21
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Paul, you will be more than welcome!! Do you have a caravan with a fridge? If so snorkers & burgers would be acceptable; if not (i.e. a tent) then probably a cash donation will be less likely to give us food poisoning by cookin time on saturday!!!!! When are you planning to arrive?
Old 25 May 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1309705)   #22
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
As one of the C of C's, I can confirm that the meeting is on the Long Circuit. See you there & bring a friend

I would bring some cuddies but a Joyce is going to be at Cadwell they all have something else on. So they don't have to be used as cushions.
Old 25 May 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1309769)   #23
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tent and I will be arriving sometime late Friday evening (AA estimate 3hours 45 but I'm planning to stop off to see an elderly relative in hopsital so it'll take a bit longer) so I'll bring some cash if that's OK. I'm looking forward to Cadwell, I've heard nothing but good reports about it and 750MC are always excellant so I anticipate a great weekend.
Old 25 May 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1310062)   #24
peter maxworthy
Rookie

England
Grimsby uk

is anyone else stopping friday night ?
Old 25 May 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1310082)   #25
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
If I promise not to abuse Mr Palmers teddy collection, would he let me know if he & cuddly friends will be joining us???
As this social gathering seems to be growing rather large, please can I ask that all bodies joning us a) bring enough food for for the number in their party ONLY. Last year we ended up throwing away enough sausages & burgers to feed the entire population of Lincolnshire!!! b) something to eat off(limited crockery) c) ditto glasses d)See 'a' for quantity of drink.