Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Aug 2001, 12:13 (Ref:125544)   #26
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But what a monkey - more like a gorilla Alan!
Old 3 Aug 2001, 22:21 (Ref:125692)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell

I really think you should reconsider that thought, Bononi...

A road is as safe as you, the driver, make it!
Not really Ray.

In 20 years driving I have no crash or minor incidents... because I am
veeeeryyyy careful.

Believe me, you don't know the streets/highways here...
Old 6 Aug 2001, 01:04 (Ref:126392)   #28
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've done a lot of laps in a lot of places... I don't think there's too much I can't conclude about things after nearly forty years of high-mileage driving...

The road, I repeat, is as safe as you make it.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 01:32 (Ref:126401)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure you didn't do it in Brazil...

Ask Jack Stewart.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 06:28 (Ref:126456)   #30
Ray Bell
Veteran

No, nor in Bombay... but the essentials remain the same.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 06:43 (Ref:126460)   #31
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never forget Ray.......

You are never too old to learn
that beingsaid....

It's hard to teach and old dog new tricks
Old 6 Aug 2001, 08:08 (Ref:126494)   #32
Ray Bell
Veteran

No, you're right, never too old to learn... but too many today reckon they have learned it all once they have their licence... or maybe a little before that time.

When it comes to poor driving conditions, confidence is an essential. You certainly have to know your limits, and the car's as well, but you have to have a degree of confidence so you don't bring yourself - and others - undone because of unfounded fears.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 00:42 (Ref:126862)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yes, Ray, after all I can tell you are right...

Sad, but Friday on the news, I saw and horrible crash... the poor woman died instantly, the bombers had problems to release her from the metal debris the car turned into... it was raining, and a hole in the tarmac made her lost control and crash the truck that was coming on the other way... (Yes... most of highways here are simple two ways).
Old 7 Aug 2001, 01:04 (Ref:126875)   #34
Ray Bell
Veteran

There are all too many of these events taking place, all around the world, and in so many cases they are really quite avoidable. Learning to drive properly is something that it seems no government ever wants to encourage....

That's the saddest fact of all.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 18:22 (Ref:139144)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
WREX loves the rain but hates other drivers in it
And I know why you like it so much Wrex...Would it have anything to do with that four wheel drive Subaru of yours??
Old 31 Aug 2001, 21:15 (Ref:139241)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The one in the pool ?

It's a home now for his stingray...
Old 1 Sep 2001, 01:42 (Ref:139399)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
There are all too many of these events taking place, all around the world, and in so many cases they are really quite avoidable. Learning to drive properly is something that it seems no government ever wants to encourage....

That's the saddest fact of all.

Excuse be butting in to your conversation you guys..But what you said Ray is Soooooooo true...Here in Austin Texas people drive with Nascar mentality..They tailgate like crazy,and I mean tailgate heavely even in the wet...There is no way they can stop the vehicle in time, that close, at those speeds..So the result is rear enders up the ying yang,many times a day I see this..I shake my head in disbelief, but it makes no difference they will never learn, body repair shops love them!