Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2003, 15:59 (Ref:594708)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boris Said Suspended

The Trans Am Series has suspended Boris for 45 day for comments he made at Long Beach. Evidently he likened Paul G. and his sons to Saddam and his sons.
Old 9 May 2003, 16:25 (Ref:594724)   #2
Rookie

#27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm waiting to see what BMW has to say about this. After all, he is a very public ambassador for them and he drives for PTG in World Challenge. Chances are, they will put him on probation also. Or they'll issue him with a private warning.

Martin Brundle
Monaco 1998
Old 10 May 2003, 02:14 (Ref:595059)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The more we learn about Saddam and his sons atrocities, the more reprehensible that comparison becomes.

What a shameful analogy.

Danica Patrick
Old 10 May 2003, 02:27 (Ref:595063)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Paul Gentilozzi really that bad? The whispers around is that he is difficult to deal with on a professional basis, but these comments seem inappropriate
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 May 2003, 02:39 (Ref:595067)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he gets results... Saddam just got the c**p bombed out of his country and a lot of innocent people killed... So it's not really a valid comparison.

I didn't hear what Boris said (pun unavoidable!), but it sounds like it must have been pretty damn stupid!
Old 10 May 2003, 02:51 (Ref:595071)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Is Paul Gentilozzi really that bad? The whispers around is that he is difficult to deal with on a professional basis, but these comments seem inappropriate
PG used to visit the IMSA board. But, he sure can race fast.
Old 10 May 2003, 03:15 (Ref:595080)   #7
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mouth in gear, Brain in neutral. Go Boris Go!!
Old 10 May 2003, 07:14 (Ref:595145)   #8
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He can't seem to stay out of trouble. The comparison holds water in the sense that Gentilozzi pretty much governs Trans-Am with an iron fist. Still, he could have picked a more appropriate dictator to compare him too, not one that the US and UK are at war with. Bad choice of words. Maybe Alexander the Great would be a little more flattering. I don't like either of them, so I get a kick outta this.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 10 May 2003, 14:36 (Ref:595393)   #9
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the official Trans Am release the penalty and suspension arose because: Said was penalized for the following, all of which happened during the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach: multiple negative comments made in public, including those made to a high-ranking race circuit official, that the Series was “out to get him and ruin his career;” and additional comments made by Said to credentialed media on at least three occasions that continued his attack and referred to the Series as "the Gestapo" and compared Paul Gentilozzi and his sons to Saddam Hussein and his sons.

Now, what we dont know is in what tone Boris's comments were made which makes a big difference. Boris is a good guy and Paul is a good guy. It appears like they have some differences that should be worked out between them as all this is doing no one any good including the Trans Am series which is in trouble to begin with.
Old 10 May 2003, 16:23 (Ref:595456)   #10
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boris' dad, BOb was even more of a "rebel" than Boris....it's part of what makes racing fun!
Old 10 May 2003, 18:21 (Ref:595551)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a part of what makes Boris a colourful character, but there are limits and I think after several warnings Boris has finally reached them. I think his usual comment that Paul G is "The big blue M&M" is a lot more appropriate and pretty funny too -- but saying that other people are out to ruin one's career when it is obvious that one's big mouth is ruining one's career, is a fallacy called "projection."

I'm sorry I'll miss seeing Boris at Mosport; he's one of my favourites. But enough's enough.
Old 10 May 2003, 18:35 (Ref:595565)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Well, it sure took the guessing out of who will win the Mosport race. Only 16 entrants I believe and Pruett the overwhelming favorite.
Old 10 May 2003, 22:39 (Ref:595757)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My man Paul Fix II will be back on the grid at Mosport! But I'm betting on Michael Lewis. Hey, he has to win SOME DAY.
Old 10 May 2003, 22:52 (Ref:595771)   #14
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, Boris does not need this.
Old 11 May 2003, 00:55 (Ref:595820)   #15
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
My man Paul Fix II will be back on the grid at Mosport! But I'm betting on Michael Lewis. Hey, he has to win SOME DAY.
Are you sure that Paul Fix II will be racing at Mosport? My "darkhorse" candidate is Max Lagod, but Pruett will win it. In this field Marybeth would finish in the top 5 at least. Oh, what a little money would do!!
Old 11 May 2003, 01:27 (Ref:595830)   #16
Trans-Am League
Rookie

Trans-Am League should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a clarification for Liz; Paul Fix is not scheduled to compete in any Trans-Am events in 2003. The team has decided to take a break and seek more sponsorship. An entry list is posted at the site, both for the upcoming Mosport and Lime Rock events. Mr. Fix is not present on either, nor will he be. Look for Paul to perhaps return in 2004.
Old 12 May 2003, 01:51 (Ref:596509)   #17
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boris is certainly doing a very good job of sabotaging his career. First he shot off at Don Panoz and the ALMS just because he didn't get the drive with Panoz Motorsports last year...but can you blame Don for not hiring him? Boris totalled a car and fractured his skull during his test in the LMP-01; that's not a good way to impress a potential employer. Now he keeps blasting Trans-Am. I guess he just doesn't understand the whole "don't bite the hand that feeds you" adage. I'm just waiting for him to slam Tom Milner. Maybe once he gets suspended or fired enough he'll learn to let his driving do all the talking from now on instead of thwarting his efforts with words.
Old 12 May 2003, 10:47 (Ref:596732)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he has an opinion of his own, not like Jenson & Kimi...
Old 12 May 2003, 19:04 (Ref:597271)   #19
danhx
Racer

Having an opinion is fine, but there are times when one should keep one's opinion to oneself. Boris obviously hasn't learned that if you're going to upbraid the series' officials that you should do it when there isn't a flock of journalists around. But I'm sure the journalists didn't mind at all! Or if he absolutely had to say it to the press, he should have been a little more tactful in his word choice. I don't think it would have been nearly as big of a deal if he hadn't used that exact terminology in this day in age.
Old 12 May 2003, 20:22 (Ref:597340)   #20
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, no pun intended. If he wants to slug it out with Paul G., he should get in his face about it. It's just like if someone spreads rumors about you, and everyone they tell posts it on a bulletin board. C'mon Boris! If Trans Am is anything like the Bathe Party, Said's hometown is going to get nerve gassed. Said has previously stated that Trans Am is out to get him. OK, then don't give them ammunition.

Here's another great Boris quote, from one of the Speed NASCAR programs, "the American Le Mans Series is going all European, so I'm out." That's exactly what he said, I swear it. So, I guess when the restrictions were put on the V8 M3, he thinks it was to specifically remove him from the series. Just bad form all the way around.

If he keeps this up, he'll be removed from road racing entirely, and then who will I have to cheer against?

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 12 May 2003, 23:45 (Ref:597480)   #21
danhx
Racer

He's certainly seems like a paranoid chap doesn't he?
Old 13 May 2003, 01:49 (Ref:597531)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Bad news about Paul Fix, the last I heard he was entering Mosport. Darn darn darn.
Old 13 May 2003, 12:05 (Ref:597788)   #23
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul G

Hi,
I got to meet Paul G at the Brands Hatch Cart race last weekend,
He was going arond his teams garage having a laugh with each one of his team members. He was at the back of his garage when he spotted me waiting outside the garage to get his autograph. He stopped what he was doing and walked over to speak to me and sign autographs for me. He was more than happy to talk to me about his Jaguar Trans Am cars .
Paul is from this meeting, in my point of view a thoroughly decent and nice chap, and a hell of a racer too by all accounts.

Regards
Chris
Old 13 May 2003, 14:51 (Ref:597960)   #24
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Bad news about Paul Fix, the last I heard he was entering Mosport. Darn darn darn.
Why is it "bad news". I am glad to see that he may be entered, especially at Mosport.
Old 13 May 2003, 16:32 (Ref:598078)   #25
Liz
Veteran

But didn't the guy above say he was NOT entered until 2004?

It's good news if he IS entered because I like him and Lauren very much. But I guess I'll see when I get there!