Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jan 2014, 01:18 (Ref:3354099)   #126
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
'he' embraces 'she'...
???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixqbc7X2NQY
Old 15 Jan 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3354292)   #127
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For something somewhat different, and rather uplifting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qDqTBlKU4CE

It certainly stunned me!
Old 15 Jan 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3354379)   #128
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray Davies for me Mike.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3354430)   #129
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It certainly stunned me!

What a phenomenal performance. Just a good job she's not British - she'd have been beaten by a woman and a dog!!
Old 15 Jan 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3354436)   #130
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I always remember my sister in law a few years back who surprised us, I hadn't got a clue until this happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_8Bh2O9WQ
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jan 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3354470)   #131
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
you lot are a bad influence, guess what caught my eye?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261370691325
If anyone wants this checked out its not a million miles from me.....
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3354716)   #132
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

It certainly stunned me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I always remember my sister in law a few years back who surprised us, I hadn't got a clue until this happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_8Bh2O9WQ
I have a lump in my throat. Music of all types never fails to move me, the more so when it comes from unexpected sources. Thank you both for sharing.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3354741)   #133
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I have a lump in my throat. Music of all types never fails to move me, the more so when it comes from unexpected sources. Thank you both for sharing.
No thanks required, Peter, but I'm grateful to 'youtube', which, to my mind, is one of the best things to have happened through the interweb. When used properly, it allows people around the world to share wonderful experiences, not for profit but for the shear joy of sharing.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3355193)   #134
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its a great way of discovering new music through association.

It has rekindled another hoarding tendancy of mine . . .60's records
Old 17 Jan 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3355306)   #135
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Its a great way of discovering new music through association.

It has rekindled another hoarding tendancy of mine . . .60's records

Until recently I had a similar problem, cured it by dumping around 120 down the tip.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3355311)   #136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Until recently I had a similar problem, cured it by dumping around 120 down the tip.
Yes but who would want a load of Max Bygraves records ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3355351)   #137
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Your lucky I dont have your UK address.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3355434)   #138
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Your lucky I dont have your UK address.
You could have sent it to my Lagos PO box
Old 17 Jan 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3355447)   #139
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You could have sent it to my Lagos PO box
Postage collect of course Gordon.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3355520)   #140
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On hols in sunny New Zealand at the moment. Went to the first day of their historic Festival of Motorsport at Hampton Downs circuit today. Not as big a meeting as I had expected and one or two locals mentioned low grids although apparently the second weekend should be better (but I won't be able to go to that one).

The theme was Ferraris - lots of fairly modern red cars on display, okay if you like that sort of thing. Three F1 Ferraris did demo laps so that was a decent sight.

First thing I saw on track was the Lyons family in F5000's - just like home, thought I'd turned up at an HSCC meeting. Good looking circuit though, good access, undulating, good viewing points etc.

Struggling with very slooooooow connection here so will try and post a few photos in the relevant threads if things improve IT-wise (think there are two threads running).
Old 18 Jan 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3355523)   #141
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gary
Enjoy your time at Hampton, the Kiwi's do host some great meetings. The bigger meetings tend to be in the odd number years 2013,2011 etc when they have had the McLaren, Hulme and Amon festivals.
Turn one definitely has a bit of Paddock bend about it!
Hope Kenny Smith is running in the F5000, the man is a legend.
If you see Barbara in race control (she is the tiny lady with dark hair) do please send her regards from Chris and Lesley from UK. She has been so kind to us over our visits.
Have a lot of fun at Hampton, we wish we were there too!
Chris
Old 18 Jan 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3355538)   #142
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Max Bygraves? I whittled 150 out of my collection to keep it under 1000 in vinyl

this is more my bag for 60's stuff . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxuWBzBbpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zcOlnEoRo
Old 18 Jan 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3355540)   #143
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
On hols in sunny New Zealand at the moment. Went to the first day of their historic Festival of Motorsport at Hampton Downs circuit today. Not as big a meeting as I had expected and one or two locals mentioned low grids although apparently the second weekend should be better (but I won't be able to go to that one).

The theme was Ferraris - lots of fairly modern red cars on display, okay if you like that sort of thing. Three F1 Ferraris did demo laps so that was a decent sight.

First thing I saw on track was the Lyons family in F5000's - just like home, thought I'd turned up at an HSCC meeting. Good looking circuit though, good access, undulating, good viewing points etc.

Struggling with very slooooooow connection here so will try and post a few photos in the relevant threads if things improve IT-wise (think there are two threads running).
Clear off Gazza, me and push bike still sailing to work across the Thames. Have a great time and lets see some photo's
Old 18 Jan 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3355557)   #144
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
oh, I forgot to mention Iain, did you enjoy your trip to the Amex ?

pie n a pint is exceptional, even if the result wasn't.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3355573)   #145
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
A week apart and a two hours 20 min flight away, a different world !
Attached Thumbnails
cb1.jpg   F1.jpg  
Old 18 Jan 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3355614)   #146
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Thing with atitude is the poor sods at lower levels ten to get what you had a couple of days ago!
Old 18 Jan 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3355626)   #147
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
oh, I forgot to mention Iain, did you enjoy your trip to the Amex ?

pie n a pint is exceptional, even if the result wasn't.
Thanks for asking Joe, Yes it was just nice to do some thing different other than playing with racing cars. BTW it was not me that ripped of the seat in the away end. Football hoolagoons..
Not best pleased with Delta son Stewart ATM, I now have to go to this afternoon to Basingstoke with Mrs Delta and watch a show with Brendon Cole, dancing. He bought us the tickets as a Christmas present. Still crumpet might be worth it.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3355630)   #148
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:

It certainly stunned me!
Yea just got a minuit to look at this, flipping heck just fantastic. Bit of a double wammy as that Chantel Judge is pretty fit as well.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3355631)   #149
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Gosh, I'm with JT on this one. Wonderfull.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3355686)   #150
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Gosh, I'm with JT on this one. Wonderfull.
...quite brought a tear to my eye as well.

That clip was the perfect antidote to "Toddlers and Tiaras" and "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo". If you're thinking of Googling the two aforementioned titles, don't waste your time.

...and on a totally different tack - I assume that the pie offering at the Amex is Pukka? Andrew Storer, one of the bosses of the Pukka Pies family firm is a regular Historic FF2000 competitor.

Moral - Support Club Motor Racing - Eat More Pies!

...you know it makes sense.
Closed Thread